News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

lower the health to around thirty two, until then or further notice nay.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

I vote yay if you reverse the attack range and lower the health.

KZ

Ok, so who does this enemy unit associate with? What "soliders" are being referenced in the description? Where can this animal be found? Why does this animal exist? How can it be made relevant to the TSoG plot and make it worthwhile for Craig to make it?

'Cause honestly, it seems more like an enemy made up for the sake of making up a new enemy, rather than covering something that is lacking within the enemy sets on offer.
Just to remind folks- we have already formulated quite a few animals in the first place, and I have to say those formulated ideas fit in better than this one.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Old Forum Suggestions:
Quote from: im2smart4uIn TRPG2, we learn that there are pirates in Cera Bella when we meet Pirate Pete.  The use of pirates could be used in missions at Ravinale Docks and missions at Lake Alto.

Pirate Cutlass- they have red bandanas on their heads and cutlass in their right hand.
Health: 26
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 8 )

Pirate Knife Thrower- they have blue bandanas on their heads and a dagger in the right hand.
Health: 18
Speed: 2
Attacks: Fling (Range: 2, Damage: 10)
Counter-attack: Fling (Range: 2, Damage: 10)

Pirate Captain- The Captain has the same hat as Pirate Pete and has two cutlasses; one for each hand.
Health: 80
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage, 8 ), Twin Slash (Range: rightward and leftward arc, Damage: 12)
Counter-attack: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Mental

bugfartboy

Yay for all of them. But is there like a medic pirate?

The Holy namelesskitty

yay for all, and no, there were never medic pirates that would be unrealistic.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

If it's a throw then yah. Wouldn't a pirate captain keep at least one half decent healer/medic on board? Diseases run rampant you know. It could have a very low healing capability. And maybe be limited by Psi points because it doesn't hav an unlimited amount of healing herbs and such.

Ertxiem

The Pirate Cutlass and the Pirate Knife Thrower are OK.
I don't like very much the Pirate Captain, in particular the twin slash.

I don't like very much the Pirate medic idea. It doesn't fit very much into their characteristics, from my point of view. (And if there is a medic on board, that doesn't mean that he must fight the battles.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on September 13, 2010, 09:32:54 PM
If it's a throw then yah. Wouldn't a pirate captain keep at least one half decent healer/medic on board? Diseases run rampant you know. It could have a very low healing capability. And maybe be limited by Psi points because it doesn't hav an unlimited amount of healing herbs and such.
If you look up anything on pirate history, then you will notice that they are not the healthest people.  There will be no pirate medic.

Cypher

Zackirus

I have issues with all of them:

Pirate Cutlass: I think it needs a counter attack.

Pirate Knife Thrower: Why does it have a counter attack. It just boosts the power. I was thinking that the pirate Knife Thrower should have knife throw but have the damage at 8 not 6

Pirate Captain: Why even have a melee attack. The slash is a better attack so they will be using it much more often. Shouldn't the melee do more damage as it covers less range.

However, I am maybe until he changes are made or someone can justify their reasoning. 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 14, 2010, 11:01:06 AMPirate Cutlass: I think it needs a counter attack.
Not every enemy needs a counter-attack.  Think of the Mechanic Swordsman.

Quote from: Zackirus on September 14, 2010, 11:01:06 AMPirate Knife Thrower: Why does it have a counter attack. It just boosts the power. I was thinking that the pirate Knife Thrower should have knife throw but have the damage at 8 not 6
It is easier to counter-attack with a knife, then a bow, yet bowmen can counter-attack.  I don't think the cutlass and knife thrower should have the same 1 space range damage.

Quote from: Zackirus on September 14, 2010, 11:01:06 AMPirate Captain: Why even have a melee attack. The slash is a better attack so they will be using it much more often. Shouldn't the melee do more damage as it covers less range.
He only has melee for counter-attacking.

ArtDrake

Ohh! Ooh! What about bad Gelf that summons shadow bugs?