News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Wouldn't a regular Crossbow be better then Piercing Crosbow?  The physic involved wouldn't allow a large enough crosbow to pierce through a person and hit the person behind.  The wieght of such a crossbow would be much greater then the lift of the wings and the force of firing a massive crossbow would create thrust in the wrong direction.  Since the Glider is busy piloting the glider, wouldn't it be more difficult for him to counter-attack then a regular crossbowman?

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 14, 2010, 07:17:47 PM
You don't need a knife to be an Assassin.  Some humans use their speed and stealth alongside their psy powers to dispatch enemy units. (you can play human psy assassin in the Dual mode of TPRG2)
Psy Assassin
Health: 50
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 15)
Does anyone think that the human Psy Assassin shouldn't be Formulated?

Zhampir

I don't see any reason why he should have a piercing attack or a counter... after all, he'd have to reload his crossbow so it doesn't seem logical that he could quickly counter...

cyso

I think you should go ahead and formulate the Psy Assassin idea. Once we all agree on what the golem should fire and what its stats should be, we could probably formulate that too.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

I agree that the Psy Assassin can be formulated- there is little discussion on that at the moment, or ever.
I do woner though why you good folks haven't voiced your issues with the glider before it became formulated? 'Cause I saw three pages of same arguments that didn't highlight any of this stuff. Do you still feel the need for improvement? On, say, the counterattack point, I do agree: hence I wonder if the stats proposed were the best ones. So, if you feel it needs a re-think, kindly post your thoughts here.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I think I was content with the flying archer (glider) when I saw it. I was more focused on the golem. I do like the idea of a piercing crossbow. Since the glider is flying, the extra speed boost might allow him to fire a quick moving crossbow bolt that pierces the target.

Zhampir

I don't think it should be able to go through 3 targets. That would be one fast arrow to cleanly go through one target, and still hit 2 more targets doing the same damage.

On that note I think the 2 placed target should receive less damage.

cyso

The piercing crossbow only goes through two targets. Maybe the second target should receive less damage, though.

KZ

I think that the less damage part might be too difficult to code in. Plus, if it is thrust with enough force, the impact parameters should be roughly equal.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

Arbalest Golem: Health: 33
Speed: 1
Attack: Bolt Shot (for lack of better name): Damage: 10 Range: 1-3
These are the stats for the golem. Does anyone think there needs to be any changes?

SmartyPants

The only arrow that can go through a person and hit the person behind would be from a ballista.  I just don't see a ballista and a person being caried by a small glider.

Zackirus

If th spearhead was shaped in a trinagliar fashion almost like the bannet on a mussket it could with engough force rip through something soft like an arm or leg
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

A crossbow is very powerful by itself. With the extra energy from the glider's motion, the bolt could penetrate more than one person.

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 15, 2010, 03:29:38 PM
A crossbow is very powerful by itself. With the extra energy from the glider's motion, the bolt could penetrate more than one person.
With a speed of three, I think the glider is closer to hovering then zooming through the air.

Quote from: yogc on March 15, 2010, 03:04:42 PM
Arbalest Golem: Health: 33
Speed: 1
Attack: Bolt Shot (for lack of better name): Damage: 10 Range: 1-3
These are the stats for the golem. Does anyone think there needs to be any changes?
The range is insanely far.  Make the range, 1-2 or just 2.  A moving golem shouldn't be able to hit you, while you can't hit it.

Zackirus

Coupled with the triagliar shape and the soften of human flesh it could go thow more than one person
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 03:39:34 PM
Coupled with the triagliar shape and the soften of human flesh it could go thow more than one person
I may be mistaken, but most soldiers have armor on.