News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I vote maybe for the Trap Idea as I don't think Craig could make it, but I think it is a interesting idea.

Here is an idea I created for the golden egg:

Chicken: - It's a normal chicken... that wants to kill you!
Health: 20
Speed: 4 (Flying)
Attacks: Peck (Range 1, Damage: 5)
Resistance: None
Immunity: None

Thoughts, Ideas, Comments Everyone?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

a)Chickens aren't that fast.
b)Why would a chicken have as much health as a Bandit Healer?
c)I have never seen a chicken fly more than 4 ft.
d)WHY WOULD WE WANT A CHICKEN AS AN ENEMY?

nay.

Zackirus

Its a *hem hem* magical chicken so it gets super powers. Besides, this enemy is just to add a little humour to the Telepath Universe. I think it would be pretty funny to some some chicken's in the game.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I vote yay on the chicken. You are planning on suggesting the Psi Chicken too, right Zack?

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 05, 2010, 08:50:00 PM
Because of the recent boneheadedness I have witnessed in this forum, I have started to lose hope about humanity's future.

bugfartboy

C'mon im3smart4u, remember what happened to Mars in The War of the Worlds the book? It could be a feature that you can only get after completing the game or something. But it needs some humor.

The Holy namelesskitty

ummm, only if it's exclusively for the Buh'Baq quest other wise no, that would just be stupid.

so what are everyone's thoughts on the trap tile

it hurts you as you step on it.

O=empty
T=trap
C=any character
B=both

Before move

OOOOO
OOTOO
OOCOO

During damage

OOOOO
OOBOO
OOOOO

After damage

OOCOO
OOTOO
OOOOO

Assume this character moves three normally.

deals seven damage to any charachter that walks on it
for all practical purposes indestructible
is invisible until it is stepped on once then you can rely on memory (or graphics if everyone's okay with that)
there are gas and spike traps
gas traps deal two additional damage but do not affect to ghosts and spirits
spike traps deal seven damage to anything

traps ignore resistances, (is that possible?) if yes then it is because they catch you off guard (what with being traps and all)
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Chrono

If it's a spike trap I'm pretty sure spirits/ghosts would still be resistant against it, even if it does catch them off guard.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

The enemy War Engine only has to be so fast so it can actually have some speed during the battle. If it were 4, then it would go a total of 10 squares before it became a turret monster if it didn't have anything to attack. If it's 5, then it can go 15. I fully understand and acknowledge the "no speeds 5 or over" rule, but I propose an exception so the enemy works. It won't really be hitting anything on its first turn in the first place, so there's no reason for it to ever have a speed of over 4 after the first turn. Comprendes, kemosabe?

Chrono

Quote from: Duckling on October 06, 2010, 05:52:44 PM
The enemy War Engine only has to be so fast so it can actually have some speed during the battle. If it were 4, then it would go a total of 10 squares before it became a turret monster if it didn't have anything to attack. If it's 5, then it can go 15. I fully understand and acknowledge the "no speeds 5 or over" rule, but I propose an exception so the enemy works. It won't really be hitting anything on its first turn in the first place, so there's no reason for it to ever have a speed of over 4 after the first turn. Comprendes, kemosabe?
If you're that worried about it not being able to hit your team, why not just set its spawn point closer and forget the initial speed of 5?

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

I kind of wanted this to be an enemy that would chase the player around the screen for as long as it could keep up with them. But you notice that enemies with speed 3 never use their 3 speed until they're in range of a player, so maybe the War Engine would never use its 5 speed at all, but just have it so it could keep its speed of 4 for two turns, probably long enough to get ahold of a target.

The Holy namelesskitty

Quote from: chr0n0z on October 06, 2010, 05:37:18 PM
If it's a spike trap I'm pretty sure spirits/ghosts would still be resistant against it, even if it does catch them off guard.
Well they have no lungs so gas won't work and physical attacks still affect them but this time they can't put their guard up maybe it'll do only five damage to them.

Votes on spike/ gas trap

Yay for both I wouldn't suggest otherwise.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Yay for spike trap, nay for gas.

Too early to vote on War Engine.

bugfartboy

Nay on war engine. Maybe on spike trap. On gas trap, I was thinking maybe it could gemlike loopy gas and have mental damage. It would affect ghosts too because as they float through it, it attacks the conscience holding the ghost together. What think you?

Chrono

If it's a trap designed, set up, and controlled by psy engineers or something, why not. No comment on the war engine yet, but I do like the idea of the traps. However, I don't think spirits "put their physical resistance up" per se, they just have it. Nowhere in the wiki does it say that they have to think up physical resistance. Just an example, if I saw a ghost and knifed it, I don't think it would have much effect on it even if it didn't see me. So they'd have to have more resistance than just about 75%. I can see where you're going though, considering the fact that Luca always sees the enemy before she gets hit by a spear.

[/spoiler]