News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

Hmm, Ithought of the spikes as having a toxin on them, that's how they do most of the damage but if you want them to not hurt ghosts as much I think one trap should at least do normal damage to ghosts.
Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 06, 2010, 09:27:19 PM
Nay on war engine. Maybe on spike trap. On gas trap, I was thinking maybe it could gemlike loopy gas and have mental damage. It would affect ghosts too because as they float through it, it attacks the conscience holding the ghost together. What think you?

My answer is that ghosts don't breathe

Gas trap

THN: yay
Duckling: nay
Cr0n0z: is that a yay?
Bugfartboy: Is that a nay?

Spike trap

THN:yay
Duckling:yay
Cr0n0z: is that a nay?
Bugfartboy: maybe
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Okay, still not getting why people don't like the idea.

I don't see the problem with having speed 5 for the sake of having speed 4 for two turns while the machine rusts.

Chrono

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 07, 2010, 08:46:01 PM
Cr0n0z: is that a yay?
A full yes on gas trap.
Cr0n0z: is that a nay?
Not a nay. My only point was that if you were using spike traps, physical resistance should still bring the damage down to 50%(?) instead of 75%.
===
Hmm, Ithought of the spikes as having a toxin on them, that's how they do most of the damage but if you want them to not hurt ghosts as much I think one trap should at least do normal damage to ghosts.
If you want to be fair to "non-spirits" in terms of damage received:
Quote from: Chrono on October 06, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
If it's a trap designed, set up, and (remotely) controlled by psy engineers or something, why not.
Which brings us to a new idea ;D
===
Great idea though, I'm 111% fine with it. I just had a little problem with the damage modifier. But seeing that what you intended was a toxic trap, you can choose:

• 75% for toxic trap
  • 50% for normal spike trap, 100% for psy-controlled trap
  • Both ^^
===
Quote from: Duckling on October 07, 2010, 09:03:29 PM
Okay, still not getting why people don't like the idea.

I don't see the problem with having speed 5 for the sake of having speed 4 for two turns while the machine rusts.
Not that I don't like the idea of the war engine, but it'd take years to convince anyone, especially im2smart4u. No offense, because I'm not convinced either. I'd rather you set the spawn point 2-3 squares closer. It means the same thing as having a speed of 5 anyway.
EDIT: I think the reason why people don't want speeds over 4 is because it's a psychological thing. If it doesn't scare us, it will frustrate us at least. And what Bugfartboy said.
EDIT2: I changed my name to Chrono, Holy namelesskitty. Sorry for being so confusing.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

At the moment, my core on the War Engine is a very strong nay. Nothing can be that fast. Especially a 10 ton war engine.

Zackirus

I'm maybe on both the gas and spike trap (I don't know whether Craig could program that or not)

Chrono: Welcome to the forums: use correct spelling and grammar, suggest new ideas, and have fun!

Helenite Cross-Medic
This medic is special. He has trained in the art of combat to almost the level of a regular swordsmen. He is able to counter-attack and but his healing has suffered from the amount of training.
Health: 35
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range 1,Damage 10) Mind Shield (Range 1, Heals 10)
Counter-Attack: (Range 1. Damage 10)
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None

Thoughts, Ideas, Comments?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Nay for Helenite cross medic.

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Change the name and it'll be a yay.

Zackirus

I have three Ideas (take your pick):

Helenite Field-Medic
Helenite Legionare
Helenite Centurion

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

Gas trap

Crono: yay

Spike trap
now does 50% damage to spirits

Cr0n0z: yay

introducing the memory trap, is caused by there having been a massive psy discharge in that spot, the residual psy energy partially erases the memory of the character that steps there, does the normal 7 damage but 200% to ghosts and spirits ( their memory is what keeps them together)

memory trap

ArtDrake

Okay, speed 4. That work for people?

Chrono

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 08, 2010, 05:49:19 PM
introducing the memory trap, is caused by there having been a massive psy discharge in that spot, the residual psy energy partially erases the memory of the character that steps there, does the normal 7 damage but 200% to ghosts and spirits ( their memory is what keeps them together)

memory trap

Chrono: yay

[/spoiler]

The Holy namelesskitty

Gas trap

Crono: yay

Spike trap
now does 50% damage to spirits

Cr0n0z: yay

memory trap

Chrono: yay

Zackirus

*hem hem* Nameless: I voted a maybe for all the trap ideas as I like them but I don't think Craig could create them

I am stilling waiting to hear what peope think of my Helenite Healer-Swordsmen

- Lord Canada

Chrono

Quote from: Zackirus on October 08, 2010, 06:50:43 PM
*hem hem* Nameless: I voted a maybe for all the trap ideas as I like them but I don't think Craig could create them

I am stilling waiting to hear what peope think of my Helenite Healer-Swordsmen

I vote maybe.

[/spoiler]