News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

The maybe instead of fire blast it could have, as yogc said, a gauntlet set on fire so instead of just a melée attack it would have a fire attack. Maybe both hands could be a gauntlet. Thoughts?

cyso

That isn't exactly what I meant...
I was thinking that the gauntlet would be the flamethrower so players would be able to instantly see whether or not the golem was a stone golem or flame golem. Sorry for not being clear, but by the other one for punching stuff, I meant the other arm. The problem about having a gauntlet for melee combat is that the attack can't do both fire and physical damage. If there was a gauntlet on both arms, one should be a flame thrower and one should be something like brass knuckles. Personally, I think it only needs one gauntlet and one melee attack or two gauntlets and just a fire attack.
I do think that the golems attack should be more like fire breath than fire blast.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc elf on October 10, 2010, 03:46:31 PM
What would the flame golem look like? I'm guessing it would have a gauntlet on one hand, and have the other one for punching stuff. I don't think the golem needs to be able to shoot ice. The other hand should be for punching stuff, since punching with the gauntlet hand might damage the flame thrower. (kinda a weak argument, I know)
I get what you are trying to do, but we know from Flint that the flame thrower attachment is inside the golem and shots flames from the golem's mouth.  I think we should make the flame golems from different color stones(maybe basalt), then the stone used to make regular stone golems. I also don't like the idea of golems using frost blasts.

Stone Golem:

Flame Golem:

bugfartboy

I like the look of it and I was wondering, what if the golem were to let put and excess amount of gas from the flamethrower in a short burst, wouldn't it have a kind of fire blast?

Zackirus

I like the idea however, don't you think it should be stronger than a stone golem because the Helenites would have taken more time to enforce the material they used to build the golem. Also because the rock might be a bit hotter, wouldn't it do more damage?

Flame Golem

Heath: 45
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range 1; Damage: 16) Fire Breath (Range 1-2; Damage: 13)
Resistance: Pryo (well it is a fire rock)
Immunity: None
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

What about it having a sort of fire blast?

Zackirus

What do you mean by "Sort of Fire Blast"?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Well... If the flamethrower inside the golem were tonrelease an excessive amount of gas in a quick instant, wouldn't a burst or blast of flame come from it?

Zackirus

I see what you mean but what is the difference between attacks?

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Firebreath affects 2 spaces. And Fire blast affects only one 2 spaces away.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 10, 2010, 05:56:36 PMI like the idea however, don't you think it should be stronger than a stone golem because the Helenites would have taken more time to enforce the material they used to build the golem.
Why does everyone think the Helenites are so much more powerful then the Mechanics?  The only thing mentioned about the Helenites is the fact that they lost a military contract to the Mechanics.

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 10, 2010, 05:51:03 PM
I like the look of it and I was wondering, what if the golem were to let put and excess amount of gas from the flamethrower in a short burst, wouldn't it have a kind of fire blast?
Flamethrowers spray a stream of fire, so we should stick with the attack that Flint had with his flame thrower attachment.

bugfartboy

Hmm... Alright. I'll give on the fire blast and stop trying to convice people about it. Looking forward, what about a fire flash? For the flame golem.

Fire Golem
Health:38(that good?)
Speed:1
Attacks: Melée (Range 1; Damage 6) Fire Breath (Range 1-2, Damage 7) Fire Flash[Name Debatable](Range 1; Damage 9)

Any changes? Please use the format above and ITALICIZE any changes.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AMWhy do you try to make things so complicated?  Keep it simple.  Just have a Stone Golem with a flame thrower attachment and a capacitor.

Flame Golem- Some stone golems have been updated with powerful flame throwers.
Health: 34
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9) Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 6)
Keep it simple.

bugfartboy

Alright. I guess I'll vote yay on that. Can I keep the tally since it was originally my idea?

Flame Golem
Yay-
     Buggy

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 08:25:51 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on October 10, 2010, 05:56:36 PMI like the idea however, don't you think it should be stronger than a stone golem because the Helenites would have taken more time to enforce the material they used to build the golem.
Why does everyone think the Helenites are so much more powerful then the Mechanics?  The only thing mentioned about the Helenites is the fact that they lost a military contract to the Mechanics.

Well because they have(had) Helena, who was by far an more inventive upgrader (seeing as she made Flint more powerful then he was) than any regular person in the mechanics. Also, don't you think if they are going to build a fire breathing golem don't you think they would need to golem to resistant to fire and be stronger than its stone counterpart.

- Lord Canada