News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AMWhy do you try to make things so complicated?  Keep it simple.  Just have a Stone Golem with a flame thrower attachment and a capacitor.

Flame Golem- Some stone golems have been updated with powerful flame throwers.
Health: 34
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9) Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 6)
Time to vote. Yay or Nay?

Yay:
im2smart4u
Duskling
MikeW781
Cypher
Duckling
Zackirus
The Holy namelesskitty

Nay:
Bugfartboy

Maybe:
Chrono

Chrono

[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

I vote nay on the simple version by im2smart4u. How is it any different from the way Flint was besides being inferior?

Chrono

Point taken, but do you have anything else besides Fiery Fart / Exhaust Fumes?

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

I already suggested it having pyro blast but it was shot down. Oooo... What about a kind of Pryo Hail but at a longer range? It could be "Gernade", "Explosion", or "Pyro Flash". It would have a rand three and have a form like pyro hail in a + shape.

Chrono

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Pyro hail already exists and it's the fire area attack. But I like the name, though it may cause confusion for some between it and pyro hail.

Chrono

I was thinking kind of a fiery version of Cryo Cross. Then again there's no way it should be related to psy attacks since it's a golem. Also people don't like the idea of having a complicated Flame Golem.

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

WOW! Really? I havn't noticed But what do you think about the range 3 + shaped fire attack?

Chrono

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 11, 2010, 09:39:24 PM
WOW! Really? I havn't noticed But what do you think about the range 3 + shaped fire attack?
Um. You mean, like the way Light Bomb is different from Dark Vortex?

EDIT: I don't mind having that. By the way this really should go under the New Attack Ideas...

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

It's new teammate attack ideas and this is still on topic. It's for the flame golem.

Chrono

Well yes, but after we finish discussing about this you should go post your idea of said altered Pyro Hail on the new teammates attack ideas. And, you still haven't told me what you really meant...

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Alright. How heavy is a gernade? Now imagine you had inhuman strength. Then imagine throwing said grenade. How far do you think it would go?

Chrono

OK then. Didn't pay attention to the "grenade" when you first mentioned it. I vote yay for "grenade"/"Pyro Cross" whichever attack you prefer. Both sound good to me. We need a better name for Pyro Cross because it sounds like a psy attack though.

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Explosive Throw? That sound right? What about just Gernade? Any other name ideas?