News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Alright. What about a golem designed for domestic use such as keeping food cold. A golem with a Cold infused capacitor with the duty of aiding in the camps of the Helenites/Mechanics. It could be given an order to attack and have frost breath and Ice Blast.

Chrono

That was... unexpected. But what does the Ice Blast have anything to do with golems? Ice Blast is supposed to be a psy attack.

EDIT: By the way Buggy, I did some research and it turns out that there are much stronger enemies than my suggested Vengeful Ghost:
Quote from: KZ on February 05, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
White Cape (Mental)
Health: 95
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 15), Feedback (Range: 2, Damage/Healing: 22), Vengeance (Range: 1-3, Damage: 20)

Greater Ghost
Health: 65
Attacks: Mind Blast (range 1, damage 15), Cryo Blast (range 2, damage 15), Cryo Cross (range- omnidirectional+1, damage 12)
Resistance: physical
So, I will not change the health and speed for Vengeful Ghost for now:
Vengeful Ghost
Health: 50
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 18), Feedback (Range: 2, Damage/Healing: 20), Vengeance: (Range: 1-3, Damage/Healing: 18)
Resistance: Physical

Less healthy but deadlier and more durable than the Greater Ghost, the Vengeful Ghost is difficult to take down and may be added into higher level crypts and/or later missions.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

I don't see the need for a another powerful spirit.  The Greater Ghost already takes the role of a powerful spirit.
It would be like suggesting a Bandit Captian when there is already a Bandit Leader. Even though their attacks are different, they would share the same role.

Bandit Captain: (not a real suggestion).
Health: 80
Attacks: Double Strike (Range: 1, Damage: 15)

Bandit Leader:
Health: 85
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9), Slash (Range: 1 rightward arc, Damage: 11)
Counter-attack: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 9)

Chrono

OK, but others might. I'll put you on the nay..

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Maybe instead of Feedback AND Vengence, it should have pyro blast seeing as it could concentrate it's anger as power. Emotions can be very powerful and dangerous.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 13, 2010, 05:32:02 PM
Maybe instead of Feedback AND Vengence, it should have pyro blast seeing as it could concentrate it's anger as power. Emotions can be very powerful and dangerous.
I think spirits are tied to Cold like Shadowlings are tied to Shadows.

Chrono

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 13, 2010, 05:57:29 PM
Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 13, 2010, 05:32:02 PM
I think spirits are tied to Cold like Shadowlings are tied to Shadows.
So are you for yay or nay, Buggy?

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Eh. Put me as a maybe. I'd like to see a few changes but I can see that my ideas aren't wildly popular.

SmartyPants

Ghost Healer-This spirit doesn't remember much, but he does remember how to heal.
Stats Health: 18
Steps: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 4), Mind Shield (Range: 1, Healing: 14)

bugfartboy

Chrono

I shall hold my horses.
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 13, 2010, 01:22:17 PM
I don't see the need for a another powerful spirit.  The Greater Ghost already takes the role of a powerful spirit.
So you mean to say that if its stats were dramatically lowered, then you might vote yay?

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

Quote from: Chrono on October 13, 2010, 11:18:53 PM
I shall hold my horses.
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 13, 2010, 01:22:17 PM
So you mean to say that if its stats were dramatically lowered, then you might vote yay?
No, because then it's would infringe on the regular Ghost's role.

bugfartboy

What about a 3/4 powerful spirit? We have the
-Which would be a 1/4
-Which would be the 2/4 or 1/2
and the
-Which would be a 4/4 or 1

Vengence Ghost could complete the quad in terms of power

Chrono

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 14, 2010, 06:47:59 AM
What about a 3/4 powerful spirit? We have the
-Which would be a 1/4
-Which would be the 2/4 or 1/2
and the
-Which would be a 4/4 or 1

Vengence Ghost could complete the quad in terms of power
I would love that, but I don't know if im2smart4u would agree. Could you give a suggestion for the stats, though?

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Alright. For the Vengeance Ghost:

Vengeance Ghost- A ghost who has remembered a wrong done to it while it was alive. It uses Vengeance on those who do it further harm.
Health: 35
Immunity: None
Resistance: Physical
Attacks: Mind Blast(Range 1, Damage 12) Cryo Blast(Range 2, Damage 13) Vengeance (Range 1-3, Max Damage 15)