News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrono

Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 04:00:40 PM
Ravinale Sentinel:

Health: 95
Psp: N/A
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 20), Hammer Stike (Range: 1-2 1-3 Across; Damage: 18)
Resistance: None
Immunity: None

Hammer Stirke:

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOROO
OOOOO

This enemy would appear much later in the game (Almost at the end) I assume it would be the "Shadowling Guardian" of Ravinale. They would use their Cult Powers (A.KA: Psy Powers) to Accelerate their Hammers an drive them into the ground, sendings a shockwave of energy. The hammer extists because you need a hammer of some sort to make weapons in the first place.

Vote: Yay
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 04:00:40 PMHammer Stirke:
OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOROO
OOOOO
If you look back at the fight against the Shadowling Guardians and Shadowling Soldiers, then you will remember how the Guardian's Dark Vortex would constantly become friendly fire.  This will happen again with the new suggestion, but this time the enemies will not have resistance to thier allies' attacks.

ArtDrake

Ditto. When playing the battle, the Shadowling guardians didn't attack a single time, possible because they didn't want to friendly-fire their teammate.

cyso

That's what the melee attack is for. If they can't hit a lot of units without friendly fire, they can just hit one. Or, they could be placed on the front lines with healers behind them, so they would get in a few attacks without friendly fire.
Quote from: Duckling on November 13, 2010, 03:15:50 PM
Ditto. When playing the battle, the Shadowling guardians didn't attack a single time, possible because they didn't want to friendly-fire their teammate.
Maybe they didn't want to with you, but I know they attacked plenty with me. Just because they don't attack one or two players doesn't mean they won't attack anyone.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

ArtDrake

The thing is, I played solo on all the battles, and when I didn't, I never grouped my units, so I was just Vengeancing the crud out of the Shadowling soldiers. I don't know exactly how the engine works, but I think they still would have done that even if they had had a single square attack, being in range to use their area.

cyso

Quote from: Duckling on November 14, 2010, 10:19:28 AM
The thing is, I played solo on all the battles, and when I didn't, I never grouped my units, so I was just Vengeancing the crud out of the Shadowling soldiers. I don't know exactly how the engine works, but I think they still would have done that even if they had had a single square attack, being in range to use their area.
Can you clarify what you mean by that?

MikeW781

Quote from: Duckling on November 14, 2010, 10:19:28 AM
That was TRPG2. The engine is smarter now; they would use their area attacks, and do so wisely. Consider the Fernantus AI- he used Pyro Hail without damaging his units extensively. Obviously, they still do hurt each other, but I think area attacks shouldnt be cut from the game because of this.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

Sorry. I was unaware; his units are usually killed off quite a bit before he starts attacking me, so I generally don't deal with the friendly-fire programming. Still, it seems like an overly unwieldly attack for the AI programming to deal with.

The Holy namelesskitty

This just sounds... unnecessary... unwieldy etc.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

It seems the enemy would do as much harm to your enemies as it would do to your teammates unless. The AI could be programmed to where it won't allow that attack to be used if it hits a friendly, but then the attack would almost never be used.  In another words, it is a swordsmen with a hammer.

Zackirus

Maybe you could have it with some spirits at the end of the game (I assume that their are angels/spirits of Yawah) as well as Ravinale Guard members; thus it could do some damage to its own teammates, but not as much compared to your teammates.

Yay:
Zackirus
Yogc
Buggy
Mike
Chrono
Cyhper

Maybe:
Dusk

Nay:
Im2smart2u
Duck (Changed his vote to Abstention via Email)

Unless anyone else wants to vote, The Ravinale Sentinel looks to be forumulated

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

The shadowling guardians had an area of affect attack similar to this one, they used it plenty against me, with minimal friendly fire. And besides, what was the phantom armor aside from a really fancy looking, slow moving, hard hitting swords man in terms of battlefield functionality.

bugfartboy

It might have well been a stone golem with higher health/damage

Zackirus

Dusk just emailed me saying he wanted to switch from Maybe to Yay. 7 Yays compared to 1 Nay. Idea being added to formulated

Yay:
Zackirus
Yogc
Buggy
Mike
Chrono
Cyhper
Dusk

Nay:
Im2smart2u
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on November 14, 2010, 10:10:33 PM
This just sounds... unnecessary... unwieldy etc.
sounds like an endorsement?

Quote from: Zackirus on November 14, 2010, 10:35:13 PMNay:
Im2smart2u
Duck (Changed his vote to Abstention via Email)
I think Duck would rather see a bad idea formulated, then agree with me.