News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

I am quite for pirates. YArrr!

While we're on the track of civilian characters, might I suggest a protect-the-person

Bartender

HP: 18
Attacks: Melee (Damage: 8); Crossbow 2 (Damage: 12)
Speed: 3
Res. / Immun.: None

If ever there were a barfight with a particularly dangerous person in a side-quest, I would want to protect the bartender, simply to show that civilians' combat role in this game is understated when it comes to protecting their property.

bugfartboy

I don't think it's necessary. Nay.

MikeW781

Nay. Thats unecessary.
We need to realize that, short of inventing entirely new sets, there is nothing left to create characters for. And, any new sets we make will most likely not make it into the game, considering how far Craig is in the development.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Maybe the business owner of a particularly rowdy bar would own a crossbow, but not the bartender... a small dagger, maybe. Nay.

ArtDrake

Okay, that's it. I'm out of ideas. Except.... there's one more lurking in there.

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 21, 2010, 10:10:46 PM
Ravinale Citizen
Health: 20
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 4)

It makes sense, as you have to fight one (Radquies) in Al'al mission. So it would be possible to fight more of these. Also: the people in mission four nearly attacked you, so it is possible that they might try to attack you again. Obviously these enemies serve as swarm units.
I see what you are trying to do, but I don't see the need.  Craig has already created two citizen fighters (Radiques and Wadi).  If he wants more citizen fighters then he will just use those enemies' AI and avatar with different names.

I still like the Pirates and the Psy Assassin (Feedback).

I looked at Formulated Enemy Ideas and had a laugh.  I suggested the Ghost Healer like six times, but somehow yogc got credit for it.  I don't even think yogc voted for the idea, yet he got credit for it.

bugfartboy

Hmm... How did that happen? Are you back for good? We need a true old timer here. It's not the same without. And most ideas have died and new ideas have run dry. The Wishlist is beginning to become unneeded.

Zackirus

Shadowling Knife-Flinger (Normal) (They are Purple with small knives on their head)

Health: 37
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 14) or Knife Throw (Range: 1, Damage: 14), Trick Shot (Range: Backwards L, Damage: 17)
Resistance: Shadow or None
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 25, 2010, 01:36:47 PMShadowling Knife-Flinger(They are Purple with small knives on their head)
Health: 37
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 14) or Knife Throw (Range: 1, Damage: 14), Trick Shot (Range: Backwards L, Damage: 17)
Shadowling Knife-Thrower(They are Red with green bandanas)
Health: 36
Attacks: Knife Throw (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Fling (Range: 2, Damage: 14), Trick Shot (Range: Backwards L, Damage: 14)

I made some changes.
*Most shadowling soldiers are red instead of purple.
*The green bandana would be better, because it would be piraty and it would be a tribute to Niven.
*I don't see a knife thrower using mind blast.
*A knife thrower shouldn't have assassin level speed, so I lowered it to 3.

bugfartboy

Shadowlings are natural Psys. Therefore, I think it needs mindblat.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 25, 2010, 05:32:56 PM
Did Niven use mind blast?
Did Psys like Arman, Rahel, or Griffin use mind blast?
Just because a character is a psy, doesn't mean they use mind blast.

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 25, 2010, 05:32:56 PM
I don't think the Shadowling would choose to throw knives if one of his attacks was Mind Blast.

The Holy namelesskitty

Why use knife throw if fling works better over the same range? Maybe throw can have range 2 instead, And in that case I suggest switching names. (fling sounds like it would go farther).

The Holy namelesskitty

I noticed pirates sounded popular, so I thought it only fair to add a counterpart enemy. Thus the ninja. Ninjas are psys who are trained to be like assassins only even more about such things as tricks instead of speed.

The ninja is for later possibly in an arman sidequest?

Health: 35
Psp: 30
attacks:
shadowport: cost 5
Dagger: damage 12 range 1
Shuriken: damage 9 range 2
Poision shuriken: damage 10 range 2 cost 7 deals backstab on sides or back.

Thoughts, anything I should change or add? Simply approval or disapproval of the idea? All this will be helpful.