News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Though maybe a different color. Maybe a fuscha color. Burgendy. Something.

Cypher

Yay for the knife thrower.

ArtDrake

@im2smart4u, I am simply surmising, based on my previous track record as far as submissions to takes, that it is quite unlikely that for any particular idea, there will be the general acceptance required for formulation. I don't actually think that it will be rejected; I am simply expressing angst and small amounts of frustration that however long I think an idea out, it is lacking somehow. Anyway, you don't have to consider the idea of the Webweaver Nymph instantly; as this is an informal thread, I figured that it would be a good place to dock an idea until consideration is at hand. Furthermore, I decided that the benefits of not having to save the idea somewhere in a text file so I could remember it would outweigh the small inconvenience of interrupting the flow of a discussion.

And I like the colours of the Knife-flinger/thrower as most recently semi-formally proposed, i.e. red with green bandanas.

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Zackirus

Yay:
Zackirus
Bugfartboy
Im2smart4u
Cypher
Namlesskitty
Duckling

Maybe:

Nay:

1-2 More Yays and it will be added to the formulated folks.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Hm... how about an enemy Seer? That would be fearsome... it could, mayhap, transport you back to a bossfight of which you had no choosing. This is probably more of a TRPG4 thing, as it would be a major plot piece... unless Cygnus sees...

bugfartboy

No. That fits in no way. Did you think? A battle within a battle. No sense at all. Try to think before posting.

ArtDrake

It's not as a battle enemy; it's as a boss that could thrust you into a battle during dialogue; preferably during a monologue.

Zackirus

Quote from: Duckling on November 30, 2010, 09:26:11 PM
Hm... how about an enemy Seer? That would be fearsome... it could, mayhap, transport you back to a bossfight of which you had no choosing. This is probably more of a TRPG4 thing, as it would be a major plot piece... unless Cygnus sees...

These are enemy suggestions, not boss/battle suggestions.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I don't think the program Craig has set up would allow conversation during a battle. And what would make this "Seer" stand out? What would define it as a boss? What abilities would it have to separate it from the rest? And by the way, if you want something similar to Magnilus the Spriggat, don't. Magnilus was and is special.

cyso

...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

MikeW781

Yay for the Shadolwing Knife thrower, without shadow resistance. It just seems like too many enemies will have shadow resistance, putting those with Shadow affinity at a disadvantage. Also, do you think Craig will be able to code the Trick Shot? It will most likely be fine, but I'd check with him because it could prove difficult.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

How would it prove difficult? He merely needs to give the range and the damage does he not? The animation shouldn't be too hard either.

Zackirus

With 8 Yays, and no Nays, the Shadowling Knife Thrower will be added to the formulated enemy ideas.

The four ideas that everyone can vote on.

Proctor: (Anon)

Health: 47
Speed: 2
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1 Damage: 17); Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 12); Prohibit (Range: 1, Damage: 0) [What is does is it prevents the unit attacked with this move from using any skills/attacks, making it only able move, hold, and end their turn for around 2 turns]
Resistance: None

Blurp: (im2smart4u)

Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: None

Frost Assassin: (im2smart4u)

Health: 48 (Flying)
Speed: 4
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Cold

Red Assassin: (im2smart4u)

Health: 42
Speed: 4 (Flying)
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Heat

Floating Bug (Zackirus)

Health: 32
Speed: 3 (Flying)
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 12), Fire Gush (Range: -1-3 across, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Fire
Immunity: None

- Lord Canada

cyso

Could you change red assassin's name to maybe fire or pyro? Red assassin just sounds weird when you compare it to Frost assassin. Also, is there any reason all of the Red assassin's stats are inferior to Frost assassins?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?