News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

I like the idea of the Proctor in general but I don't know how prohibit would work out and I'm not to sure how well it would mesh with the Telepath world. Vote: Maybe

On the Blurp, indont know how well the movement speed would be. Maybe instead of leaping as a single movement, maybe leap could be one of it's abilities but Craig could put a limit on how many times it could use Leap in a turn.  I would also like to know where it would apper. Vote: Maybe

As to the Frost/Red Spriggat Assassin I see no flaw with them. Vote: Yay

The flying bug, I don't really think it's necessary. Sorry Zack. Vote: Nay

Ps. You had five enemy ideas up there. Not just four.

Pps. Yogc, when compared to frost spriggats, red spriggats really are somewhat inferior. Look at TRPG2. The Red Spriggat had less health than the frost and if memory serves they did less damage.

cyso

What is the proctor supposed to be, anyways?
Blurp: If leap is only allowed to be used once a turn, yay.
Frost/Red Assassins: Red Assassin still sounds a little weird to me, but since they are red spriggats, I guess it would be even weirder to change the name. I vote yay.
Flying Bug- I'm not too sure about the fire gush attack; no bugs as of yet have demonstrated a heat affinity. Maybe you could change the attack to an acid spray and remove the heat resistance.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

MikeW781

Quote from: Zackirus on November 30, 2010, 10:22:07 PM
With 8 Yays, and no Nays, the Shadowling Knife Thrower will be added to the formulated enemy ideas.

The four ideas that everyone can vote on.

Proctor: (Anon)

Health: 47
Speed: 2
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1 Damage: 17); Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 12); Prohibit (Range: 1, Damage: 0) [What is does is it prevents the unit attacked with this move from using any skills/attacks, making it only able move, hold, and end their turn for around 2 turns]
Resistance: None

Blurp: (im2smart4u)

Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )

Frost Assassin: (im2smart4u)

Health: 48 (Flying)
Speed: 4
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Cold

Red Assassin: (im2smart4u)

Health: 42
Speed: 4 (Flying)
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Heat

Floating Bug (Zackirus)

Health: 32
Speed: 3 (Flying)
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 12), Fire Gush (Range: -1-3 across, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Fire
Immunity: None
Im for the Frost and Red assassins, but not the others.
The flying bug is not well explained as far as how they can fly, and even if it were, it doesn't seem necessary. Not all enemy sets need a flying type foe.
The Blurp is a fine idea, but adds nothing new and doesn't seem to fit into any existing sets of enemies. Maybe I missed this information somewhere, but it doesn't seem to have a place to fit.
The Protector would be hard to code, requiring a new attack that the enemy wouldn't know how to prioritize.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

It's a Proctor, and yes, I agree.

Duskling

I also agree, too complicated with the Proctor with that one attack.

The Holy namelesskitty

I concur, the complication is too much.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

cyso

QuoteThe flying bug is not well explained as far as how they can fly, and even if it were, it doesn't seem necessary. Not all enemy sets need a flying type foe.
I think the flying bug is just a beetle, and flies like a normal beetle would.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Red Assassin: Does everyone want to change their name to Heat Assassin. Also: We should change the skills so that (at normal) they are weaker then their normal counterparts.

Frost Assassin:

Health: 38 (Flying)
Speed: 4
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Cold

Heat Assassin:

Health: 32
Speed: 4 (Flying)
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Heat

The Blurp's speed can be explained lower.

Blurp:

Speed: 1; Leap (What This means it that it moves 1 and has a leap move or vise versa)

The Proctor and Floating Bug is is not well liked so, they will be dropped.

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Steel Ersatz Man

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 14, 2010, 11:57:57 PM
After forumlating an enemy without a sensible thought behind it, I thought this is good point to follow KZ and Ertxiem example and leave for awhile.  The forums use to be full of smart people who based ideas off of logic and would discuss aspects of the Telepath world.  Now it has become full of dumb kids who care more about having thier ideas posted, then actually wanting to improve or understand the game. I have wanted to stop going to this forum for long time because of the gradual increase in dim-wittedness, but continue coming back because of my love for the Telepath games and because going to this forum has become an annoying habit of mine.  

Goodbye and good luck
-Clay

Once again,  :'(
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on December 01, 2010, 06:01:34 PM
The Blurp is a fine idea, but adds nothing new and doesn't seem to fit into any existing sets of enemies. Maybe I missed this information somewhere, but it doesn't seem to have a place to fit.
If there was only some great forest in Cera Bella where animals enemies like Blurps would fit in.

I am not a big fan of the Frost/Red Assassin, Proctor, and Floating Bug.
Yes, I know I was the one who suggested the spriggat assassins.

Steelfist

Quote from: Zackirus on December 02, 2010, 08:26:27 PM
The Blurp's speed can be explained lower.

Blurp:

Speed: 1; Leap (What This means it that it moves 1 and has a leap move or vise versa)

For some reason, I am reminded of Fleeches. You know, from Oddworld?

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 03, 2010, 05:16:01 PM
If there was only some great forest in Cera Bella where animals enemies like Blurps would fit in.
a giant toad living in in the forest? i would think the Hero would have noticed that in TRPG2, and it also sounds kinda ridiculus. fighting things like giant toads is unoriginal, and not backed up by any sort of story.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on December 03, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
a giant toad living in in the forest? i would think the Hero would have noticed that in TRPG2, and it also sounds kinda ridiculus. fighting things like giant toads is unoriginal, and not backed up by any sort of story.
*You can go into the woods and not see a bear, so why can't you go into the woods and not see a blurp.
*Is it that strange that the TRPG2 Hero didn't see a blurp when he only saw one wood-folk?
*There isn't a need for a background story for wild animal attacks (like bug attacks in TRPG2 and TSoG), but if you need one then here it is: Wood-Folk send their pets to attack humans in their territory.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 03, 2010, 08:16:27 PM
*You can go into the woods and not see a bear, so why can't you go into the woods and not see a blurp.
*Is it that strange that the TRPG2 Hero didn't see a blurp when he only saw one wood-folk?
*There isn't a need for a background story for wild animal attacks (like bug attacks in TRPG2 and TSoG), but if you need one then here it is: Wood-Folk send their pets to attack humans in their territory.
Okay, I'll accept that.

Steel Ersatz Man

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 03, 2010, 08:16:27 PM

You're back, yay!
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!