News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

The Toad idea I like, but I`m confused about one thing do you actually want it to be able to hope over your teammates or is it going to have the attack Leap, As for damage I think is should be around 12 attack thus having a greater effect on your team.

I have also created A new idea, hat about an enemy that was mounted. No I do not mean they are on horses, but a simple creature that have domesticated and they could Ride On. It would have to move quite quickly a creature because of this units speed.

Mounted Guardsmen
The Guardsmen of Rubat (or any or place) have been training *blank* so that they could ride on. After many generation of breeding and interaction between Humans, these *blank* are now let's humans mount and ride them.

Health: 30
Speed: 4
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack 14) Counter Attack (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack 14)
Immunity: None
Resistance: None

I think that for the Mount it would have to be some sort of four-legged creature that would have hooves. I was thinking a creature that would be a crossbreed between a camel and horse, having that body of a horse, with a thin coat like the camels and would show behaviours like a camel, but being slightly more aggressive when found in the wild. I also think that this animal should be both wild (found in the desert) and be found in Rubat. A name I was thinking of for this animal would be a Glare.

Glare
Health: 20
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack: 10)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Blurp, you say? Ha, I think that unit could be introduced just for the sake of comic relief! Or why not have it as a pet?
Leap: methinks it's similar to the idea of the Assassin and Shadowling Assassin, where a unit can jump over a teammate and backstab. I think that having at least one such an enemy with good AI will noticeably enhance the battle experience.

For the mounted enemy unit: just make sure that the animal design fits in reasonably well into a square tile (that's the general trouble with horses and camels).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on March 18, 2010, 01:43:01 PM
Blurp, you say? Ha, I think that unit could be introduced just for the sake of comic relief! Or why not have it as a pet?

You know, the Gelves could have them as pets........

For the mounted enemy unit: just make sure that the animal design fits in reasonably well into a square tile (that's the general trouble with horses and camels).

If Nelis(who I assume is quite big), Bronze Golems, and Dark Spriggats can all fit into one square each, then I don't see the problem with the Glares. They also could be relatively small (there are some small horses breeds can be rode)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

That thought also crossed my mind. But the pets for that particular Gelf have already been dtermined. Still, the creature might inhabit some swamp in the Great Forest, perhaps?

I misundestand: I meant that a creature like a horse is very long and narrow, so the proportions don't really fit well into a square tile, it will have to take up two tiles. Hence, it's best to think through of what the animal would look like, so it's proportions would be roughly srquare overall (look at the Shadow Bug, for instance).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Leap: methinks it's similar to the idea of the Assassin and Shadowling Assassin, where a unit can jump over a teammate and backstab. I think that having at least one such an enemy with good AI will noticeably enhance the battle experience.
Like the "Tig", I thought the "Blurp" could be named by the Folk-of-the-Woods.

Quote from: Zackirus on March 18, 2010, 01:50:01 PMGelves
I think it is "Gelfs" as many people with the name Gelf or it is "Wood-Folk" as members of the green-skinned race.

KZ

Good thought, im2msart4u. Maybe there will be a Blurp out there, but not for the particalar Gelf who might join as teammate. But how about enciuntering wild Blurps?

Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

I would go or the Wild blurps, but I would also like to see a Gelf wth one too!

Then How about for the Glare, it is a sort of Sand Spider. It is as highly smooth and polished hooves (like that of a horse) but it is more square based, sort of like the shadow bug but these bugs are different in nature. They do not work together or have a queen; they simply act as lone predators, sort of like The great white shark. They only way you could get these animals to attack you would be to find one in the desert and you provoke it or it has been order to attack you by its owner.

The Bug can move so quickly over terrain is its weight is distributed evenly throughout its body, and it is very light, only 80 pounds. However a lot of that weight is muscle in its legs and back, so it can carry people and still move fast.

- Lord Canada

hellboy222

seems a reasonable solution to the mounted unit problem.

Ertxiem

I liked both the blurp and the wraith idea. (Although I have the feeling that the wraith might cause a couple of bugs.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

I agree that the Wraith might cause a few bugs, but I think it will be well worth it: another challenge to the player, in order to slay the unit and keep all teammates alive, watch over teammate health and not let it drop too low!
Just a reminder of what the unit is:

"Wraith"
Health: 90
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 16), Cryo Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 19), Cryo Cross (Range: 1-2 Omnidirectional (Diamond shape), Damage: 13), Inhabit (Range: 1; Damage: none*)
Immunity: Physical
Resistance: Cold
*Inhabit can only work if the target's hp is equal to, or less than 5, works by the Wraith taking the host body, extracting the host soul, then restoring the new body to full hp.

Anyone got any more suggestions, please do voice, as, methinks, it is tempting to soon make this idea formulated.

Same goes for Blurp:
"Blurp- A large toad.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )"

Thoughts, ideas, like/dislike?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 21, 2010, 11:53:35 AM
"Wraith"
Health: 90
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 16), Cryo Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 19), Cryo Cross (Range: 1-2 Omnidirectional (Diamond shape), Damage: 13), Inhabit (Range: 1; Damage: none*)
Immunity: Physical
Resistance: Cold
*Inhabit can only work if the target's hp is equal to, or less than 5, works by the Wraith taking the host body, extracting the host soul, then restoring the new body to full hp.
I like the Wraith, but it just seems too close to the Greater Ghost.

Quote from: KZ on March 21, 2010, 11:53:35 AM
Same goes for Blurp:
"Blurp- A large toad.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )"
"A large toad"? What happened to my description?

KZ

I was just quoting the crucial statistics, exclduing description. (For full description of both the units see the previous page, folks!)

What would you suggest changing for the "Wraith" to make it more different? I mean, the 4th attack seems to make all the difference, and it is, really, just an exceptionally powerful Greater Ghost.
Welcome to the forums!

Presentiment

KZ

Indeed, I was also thinking that this might not occur too infrequently in the game, but then having the condition be <11hp, for instance, would that not be too difficult for the player in-battle? Though, to be fair, if this is a big boss, even for a side mission, then it will probably occur much later on in the game, when teammates have much higher hp. In fact, I'll start a poll right here for suggestions on what the limit hp is best.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Back on Topic ( I have explained what these are and how they work, and even made a forum):

Mounted Guardsmen
The Guardsmen of Rubat (or any or place) have been training Glares so that they could ride on. After many generation of breeding and interaction between Humans, these Glares are now let's humans mount and ride them.

Health: 30
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack 14) Counter Attack (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack 14)

Glare
Health: 20
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Cost 0, Attack: 10)

Thoughts Folks?

- Lord Canada