News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frosty

That's a start, but now we need stats. I think it should be close to this:
Zeitgest
Health: 75
Speed: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage:15), Cyro Blast (Damage:23), Cyro Cross (Damage:21), Some Third Cold Attack (Damage:?)
Resistance: Cold
Immunity: Physical
Counter: Mind Blast
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

torugo

health: 75
speed: 4
atacks: pyro blast pyro hail pyro protect cryo blast cryo cross
counter: burn if pyro protect is used
resistance:cold
cutlists that have pyrokinetic abilities like fernatis but not as powerful
common version of fernatis.
mock the pheonix you will burn

Frosty

Now it is in the right spot, and that is an ok idea, only there are already acolytes, which this could just be an improv off of.

cyso

Since I my proposed golem has been the center of attention these past few pages, I decided to post it again.  ;)
Cannon Golem: Health: 33
Speed: 1
Attack: Cannon Blast: Range: 2 Damage: 10
Cannon Blast 2: Range: 3 Damage: 10
I chose for the health to be between that of an energy golem and a stone golem.
As a side note, even though I got the idea from Barzul's "The Reign of Nelis the Merciless", it doesn't mean the golem would have to be a carbon copy of the golem in the story (basically, it shouldn't be invincible from all sides except for one of its arms). I just got the idea from the story.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Interesting idea, yogc, but I'd like to direct your attention to the formulated enemy ideas thread- during autumn there has been a lot of activity withe respect to new golem units, especially for Helenites, and several were proposed, with a few (two, I think), making it into the selected list- I think that there might be a bit of overlap with those suggestions, what do you think? (That isn't to say that I don't like the idea, just that there might be some overlap with things discussed and already suggested. Though a ranged golem is a nice addition.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

KZ, good point as usual. I just wanted to make sure that with all the excitement around the void bugs my topic wouldn't be forgotten.
There are a lot of golems, but there really isn't a mid-range golem. All the others are either close up or attack from across the screen (and can't even move).

Zhampir

I'm behind the Cannon Golem idea all the way. A healthy Goliath of an archer is a great idea.^^

KZ

I have to admit that a mid-ranged golem is an appealing idea: I have thought that this aspect is a big plus when I was writing my previous post. The one thing I am not too keen on is the choice of projectile, for some reason (I cannot give a logical explanation for that, as it desont' even clash a bit with technological tree). I definitely like the range/health/damage stats. Just as a tentative alternative, how about using arrows? Or rough boulders (seems like at that stage, it would be more appropriate for folks to use them, but that's just a style preference)?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

So instead of Cannon Blast, you'd rather it be named, Boulder Toss

Ertxiem

The suggestion about the wooden golem has similarities with the canon golem... either one is a good idea IMO.

Before I read this thread, I replied to the post by im2smart4u about his Bug Theory. At that time I was thinking about a bug similar to the proposed Void Bugs (I called it Soldier Bug). So, I must say I'm in favour of it's existence. About the name, a few more came to mind: Murk Bug, Darkness Bug, Crypt Bug, Obscurity Bug, or just Soldier Bug.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 14, 2010, 07:17:47 PM
You don't need a knife to be an Assassin.  Some humans use their speed and stealth alongside their psy powers to dispatch enemy units. (you can play human psy assassin in the Dual mode of TPRG2)
Psy Assassin
Health: 50
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 15)
Does anyone think that the human Psy Assassin shouldn't be Formulated?

After being recruited by the Assassin's Cult, the Spriggat Assassins are trained to move faster then they ever could.  This new boost in speed will allow them to sneak behind enemy lines and simultaneously hit two targets from behind.

Frost Assassin:
Health: 48
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Cold

Red Assassin:
Health: 42
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Heat

KZ

Given that there were Spriggat Assassins in TRPG2, I don't see why not, especially as the speed 4 boost is there as well. But then there will be 3 units that look exactly the same- I think that the players might find that a bit annoying.
Welcome to the forums!

Frosty

Give the Spriggats something to stand out with, like a little noticable difference from spriggats to spriggat healers.

cyso

I like the new assassin ideas. I think they should be formulated
About the golem: I just can't picture a golem firing arrows. A bow, even a crossbow, seems to delicate for a huge golem to use. Maybe boulders would work.

cyso

By elves, do you mean gelf? Introducing a new race would be very hard to pull off. They would need history, characters, and maybe (almost certainly) a few more stuff.