News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Psy academy wish list.

Started by Dayn, March 28, 2010, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayn

Since I can't seem to find one, here's the Psy academy wish list! To start it off, I wish that yo could buy focus pills to increase your Psy points, and vision pills to see Ali's card hand.

Xemadus Echina

extra psy points would be nice. perhaps make it so that you have 2 pills. one that gives you X psy points for X health points and one that is the opposite.  (who needs 98 psy points in a single fight anyway?)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

KZ

That is doubtful- the battle system employed in TRPG1 has been scrapped, and the new engine doesn't exactly give much place for things like focus pills to be used in-battle. However, it would be interesting to see them included in the Psy Academy- I guess the pretext for not buying them is that they cannot sell pills to non-members of the Psy Academy, or/and the Hero isn't much keen on pills.
Certainly would be interesting to have a few books in the Psy Academy. And maybe have an easter-egg style learnable attack, if you're of the Light element- say with very high personality you can persudade the shop owner to sell you a very difficult-to-understand book that gives you tips on how to master Shockwave?

It would be nice to get a cameo appearance from Grotius- it is clear from info fonud in TRPG2 that Spriggats live a  very long time, like Shadowlings (ie several hundred years, by old forumers' estimation), so he probably is still teaching at the Psy Academy. An illustrative battle would be pretty cool to have: like during open days, when folks show off, say, chemistry experiments, or advanced softaware/robotic research, it can be the same, with Grotius showing the power and use of Cold element, as applied to a battle situation.

The bar, methinks, can surely be a place for many-a-fun NPC dialogue with semi-drunk guards!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

my comment referring to the pills was an out of battle use that had a permanent effect. say late game you find you need some more hp and you have tons of mp but upps cost to much.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zhampir

I don't see how the pills couldn't be implemented... It's just a variable. Press a button, the number decreases and your psy points increase. It'd be easier that Luca's ability.

Fireblasto

Quote from: KZ on March 28, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
Certainly would be interesting to have a few books in the Psy Academy. And maybe have an easter-egg style learnable attack, if you're of the Light element- say with very high personality you can persudade the shop owner to sell you a very difficult-to-understand book that gives you tips on how to master Shockwave?

I'm Loving that idea! Maybe 1 book for each of the elements?

Zackirus

Light: Shockwave

Fire: (Fire Gate)?

Ice: ...

Shadow: ...

We need at least 2 - 3 new attacks that can fill their places. I personally think light bomb is better than shockwave. But then again, we want to create new semi-attacks (Between Blasts and Final Stages)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Fireblasto

Ice: Freeze - where the enemy totally freezes and one other attack will shatter him into pieces. Literally. Cannot be used on bosses.

KZ

I am not sure, to be honest- that was just a thought. I think it's best to think of an attack which is not element related, so that nomatter what the Hero's affinity is, he can learn it. Maybe the hero can learn to create Solis State Shield? It's expensive and fancy enough to be useful twice on the map (but that might cause issues with coding- better check with Craig on that). What other "neutral" and interesting attacks there are?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

how about an advanced mind blast? kinda like a feedback/vengeance thing.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on March 31, 2010, 07:10:49 AM
I am not sure, to be honest- that was just a thought. I think it's best to think of an attack which is not element related, so that no matter what the Hero's affinity is, he can learn it. Maybe the hero can learn to create Solis State Shield? It's expensive and fancy enough to be useful twice on the map (but that might cause issues with coding- better check with Craig on that). What other "neutral" and interesting attacks there are?

How about we create 2 books, one gives you the special affinity attack and one that gives you a netural attack. I was thinking for a neutral attack that you could have an attack called mind pulse

Mind Pulse

XXXXX
XXOXX
XOOOX
XXHXX
XXXXX
X= Unaffected O= Affected H= Hero Facing North

Ideas/Improvements people?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

i was thinking of mind crush. it's like mind blast on steroids! (with 2 spaces in front of user being hit) kinda like the vengeance of mind blast actually.

im writing a book!
You never know

KZ

I think we're going slightly off-topic here, to be honest (this more belongs to new teammate attack ideas)- but I don't think this can be easily implemented in straight away.

Any other things we would like to see in the Psy Academy?
A cameo appearance by Anya, perhaps?

There is certainly not much in way of expanding the grounds of Psy Academy, unlike for Somnus, but I would like to see the room which was closed off before in TRPG2 (Administrative Offices), re-open again!
Welcome to the forums!

Dorgon 5000

I think there should be an academy garden, with flowers, animals (no dangerous ones) and a big pond in the middle. It could be a good resting place from all running and fighting, and all plants whould be perfect for hiding orbs and such.

What about blood blast? It takes 12 PsP to use and it´s only one square from the attacker, but it´s very strong.

Xemadus Echina

I would like to have a side mission given out by the nameless one to do something at the academy and then have it be revealed that he was the hero in trpg1+2! like maby something in his old room that he hid
im writing a book!
You never know