News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TSoG testing crew(first post updated)

Started by Xemadus Echina, March 28, 2010, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

I don't mind- see the list that I flashed out above, if you're interested in joining up, can you kindly post here and, referring to the list, or suggesting your own idea, indicate the areas that are most interesting to you. As soon as we have several people on this, I'll go on to organise the sections and anything else to get this going in a systematic manner. What say you folks, let's analyse TSoG to bits! ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

Alright!  So how long until you think we'll have our own official forum/subforum?  
Also I'm planning on making a banner for the thing which will consist of the name of the group (Which I'm assuming is still the TSoG Testing Crew though now that I think about it perhaps just leave it a little more generic and call it the Telepath Testing Crew)  the names (everybody who has posted here and contacts me that they are still interested) and a title that they would like.  As of now the only titles that I have are Rainen: Founder (lets be honest I have to give myself credit for bringing the idea up don't I?;) ; KZ: Leader (Methinks this has already been decided) ; CraigStern: Game Master (Does this one require any more of a side note?)  I'll get to work on creating a suitable background as well as finding suitable fonts.  If any of you have other ideas for the banner then just send a PM my way.

As of now the following people are on the banner: Me, KZ, Craig, Tas, smart.  I just went back and looked for people who made multiple posts to decide who to put on.

I finished the banner for now.  Here it is for your viewing (and judging) pleasure.
[spoiler]
here is V2 of the banner. 

Not sure what date to put as the founding date. Any ideas?[/spoiler]

The empty space is just in case some of the people who had an interest earlier still have the option to join.  When The TTC becomes official I will put the finishing touches on and post the final version.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

i'm in this too
check out my forum about damage formula's that i'm finding
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steel Ersatz Man

I'm in too. For example, I killed Wadi then went to Mahboob and she skipped straight to 'do you like the gift I got you?' Skipping the part where she gives you it. I'm not sure whether you actually get it or not but it skips dialogue. Also, I made Wadi leave and he said 'Let me just say goodbye to my friends and family' and no progress was made in the side quest.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

KZ

Ok folks, some of the areas suggested are not actually for bugs per se, but rather in-game info for walkthroughs or the wiki. Thus, in order to keep everything easy to see and manage, I suggest we write the threads with the task at hand in their respective forums, with the following thread format to make them easy to recognise: e.g. "TSoGC: formula damage elucidation" or "TSoGC: gaps and bugs in enemy AI". Thus, if, of the abovementioned areas, you'd like to start on one, why don't you go ahead and set out the standard format for the easiest and best delivery of information which others acn copy (have a look at the formulated enemy ideas thread, for instance, see how the info is preseneted there).

Meanwhile, do write here and let us know if you wish to help and what area you'd like to help in.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

rainen:
for founding date, i'd put the date of the final members joining
KZ:
I started a thread for damage formulas, but am currently stuck
check out the thread and help if you can

Xemadus Echina

that date wouldn't make much sense... My thoughts are the following:
1)When I started the thread
2)When it first gained support
3)When KZ became the leader
4)When it gets an official forum/sub-forum/chatroom

Now that I think about it though the ones that would make the most sense are when I started the thread or when it gets an official forum/sub-forum/chatroom.
im writing a book!
You never know

MikeW781

i agree, lets use the date of the forum being started

Xemadus Echina

Ok so i've decided I'll put 2 dates on the banner.  A "founded" date which is the date I started this forum and an "officiation" date which is when we get an official meeting place (not here).  The bottom of the banner will be a link to the main page of the meeting place and I'm planning on having a private portion of it for those of us in the actual group as well as a place for anybody to just go and apply to join.  I'm thinking a requirement(s) would be necessary so that we don't just have any random person joining.

I'll start working on the place savers now.  Also for those of you on the banner that have no title, please notify me what sort of title you would like.  It has to be reasonable and it can't be a title that is already taken.
im writing a book!
You never know

WeBing

I'm trying to imagine this, and I can't quite get what kind of posts are going to be in it. You might as well utilize the handy buglist and stop trying to get some fake recognition and forum clutter.

fractals mmmm

Dorgon 5000

How do you join the group? I´m intrested, but I don´t know how I do.

Dayn

Xemadus Echina

currently we have no official meeting place and roster aside from the names on the banner.  I guess I'll start collecting names of people who would like to join.  I would imagine that eventually to join you would need to uncover/do something meaningful in a beta version of one of Craig's games (right now just TSoG) and publish what you find (I got that idea from the Foundation series by Issac Asimov :)) But I don't know how exclusive the group will be yet.
im writing a book!
You never know

Stephen Colbert

I don't think just by saying you want to join you should get special privileges.