News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ban list

Started by KZ, March 29, 2010, 09:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 05, 2010, 01:54:54 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on August 05, 2010, 01:14:32 PM
Based on the immature behavior, I am assuming that you guys are not older then 12.

Spammers that need to be temporary banned.
*CraigStern.
*Presentiment.
*KZ.
I am not completely in favor of temporarily banning these users, but I believe if KZ/Craig/Ert were here they would recive a warning, then be banned if they persisted the immature behavior
The key word was Temporarily. Like a day or so. Afterwards, if they don't learn their leason, then it should be longer.

MikeW781

I believe that, for a historic moment, we agreed on something. Arguing over exactly how they should have been treated was uneeded
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Tastidian

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 05, 2010, 04:30:19 PM
Quote from: MikeW781 on August 05, 2010, 01:54:54 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on August 05, 2010, 01:14:32 PM
Based on the immature behavior, I am assuming that you guys are not older then 12.

Spammers that need to be temporary banned.
*CraigStern.
*Presentiment.
*KZ.
I am not completely in favor of temporarily banning these users, but I believe if KZ/Craig/Ert were here they would recive a warning, then be banned if they persisted the immature behavior
The key word was Temporarily. Like a day or so. Afterwards, if they don't learn their leason, then it should be longer.

A day why not more a day is very short. Maybe 3.

Duskling

That sounds perfect, a if you are banned for one day, you'll get mad and one-up your spamming. Two, you've cooled down, but haven't learned your lesson. Three is when you're cool, and you've learned that you shouldn't spam, flame, and the like. Sometimes it takes less than three days, but that is rare, three days should be a minimum.

Cypher

I don't need to be banned! Yes, I may have changed may name temporarily, but I haven't been spamming and I have still been contributing!

EDIT: Yes, it may have been somewhat disrespectful, and I won't do it again, but come on:

1) This proves why none of you can be mods, you're too... inexperienced, and don't do what's best for the forums.
2) People get don't banned, even temporarily, for such a small, meaningless incident.
3) Unlike some of the others, I haven't been spamming, but contributing.
4) People get banned for spamming and such against the forums, not something against a user.
5) What's wrong with you people!?!?

MikeW781

That is corret. Namelesskitty and bugfartboy were spamming, but you only changed your name, so I made the error of lumping you in with the others. Apologies.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AM1) This proves why none of you can be mods, you're too... inexperienced, and don't do what's best for the forums.
The immature behaviours are annoying all the non-spamming members. If such behaviors ares not stoped, then banning the spammers is what's best for the forums.

Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AM2) People get don't banned, even temporarily, for such a small, meaningless incident.
They do, if they don't agree to stop.

Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AM
Your an enabler who has been encouraging disrespectful, immature behaviors.  If some cases you join in with the spammers' behaviors.

4) People get banned for spamming and such against the forums, not something against a user.
They do get banned for disrespectful behaviors towards other users.

What is wrong with you? At your age, you shouldn't be acting the way you are acting.

Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AMEDIT: Yes, it may have been somewhat disrespectful, and I won't do it again, but come on:
The point of banning would be for a user to learn that they can't continue to act inappropriatly.  If you mean what you say and will not continue your disrespectful behaviors, then I am willing to drop this topic at the end of this post.

Duskling

I don't need to be banned! Yes, I may have changed may name temporarily, but I haven't been spamming and I have still been contributing!

EDIT: Yes, it may have been somewhat disrespectful, and I won't do it again, but come on:

1) This proves why none of you can be mods, you're too... inexperienced, and don't do what's best for the forums.
2) People get don't banned, even temporarily, for such a small, meaningless incident.
Cypher, that is a bit of an overreaction, if I do say so myself. We weren't debating on whether to ban you or anyone or not, and then suddenly decide that we should, while it may or may not have seemed like it. From the little that I paid attention to, we were agreeing the terms of punishment if this keeps going or happens again. Though im2smart4u brings up valid points for most if not all of your... reasons?

Tastidian

Quote from: Duskling on August 06, 2010, 04:05:02 PM

Dusklings right we aren't saying who to ban but deciding a punishment for those who spam or cause what ever chaos they can do. But we all know who we are thinking of and im2smart4u has all the reasons to.
Cypher, that is a bit of an overreaction, if I do say so myself. We weren't debating on whether to ban you or anyone or not, and then suddenly decide that we should, while it may or may not have seemed like it. From the little that I paid attention to, we were agreeing the terms of punishment if this keeps going or happens again. Though im2smart4u brings up valid points for most if not all of your... reasons?

The Holy namelesskitty

sorry, about that, I banned myself yesterday to teach myself a lesson, I truly am ashamed for my sins, and I beg of the holy craig not to take vengeance on me.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

If you think about it, he's not taking vengeance, he's teaching you a lesson.

The Holy namelesskitty

Ireally doubt that.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Cypher

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 06, 2010, 09:56:33 AM
Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AM1) This proves why none of you can be mods, you're too... inexperienced, and don't do what's best for the forums.
The immature behaviours are annoying all the non-spamming members. If such behaviors ares not stoped, then banning the spammers is what's best for the forums.

Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AM2) People get don't banned, even temporarily, for such a small, meaningless incident.
They do, if they don't agree to stop.

Your an enabler who has been encouraging disrespectful, immature behaviors.  If some cases you join in with the spammers' behaviors.

They do get banned for disrespectful behaviors towards other users.

What is wrong with you? At your age, you shouldn't be acting the way you are acting.

Quote from: Cypher on August 06, 2010, 01:19:50 AMEDIT: Yes, it may have been somewhat disrespectful, and I won't do it again, but come on:
The point of banning would be for a user to learn that they can't continue to act inappropriatly.  If you mean what you say and will not continue your disrespectful behaviors, then I am willing to drop this topic at the end of this post.

Sorry to be so straightforward, in2smart4u, but I'm just about fed up of you. All the points you listed are valid, and obviously I knew them, but I didn't include them because I was trying to make a different point and I didn't want your minds to digress off-point. So grow up, and instead of provoking other members like me, just be like MikeW, and admit your mistake.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 06, 2010, 09:56:33 AMThe point of banning would be for a user to learn that they can't continue to act inappropriatly.  If you mean what you say and will not continue your disrespectful behaviors, then I am willing to drop this topic at the end of this post.
I was willing to end this conversation, but you don't seem as willing.

Quote from: Cypher on August 08, 2010, 09:56:57 AM
Sorry to be so straightforward, im2smart4u, but I'm just about fed up of you. All the points you listed are valid, and obviously I knew them, but I didn't include them because I was trying to make a different point and I didn't want your minds to digress off-point. So grow up, and instead of provoking other members like me, just be like MikeW, and admit your mistake.
I had to list "valid" points, because you were unwilling to "admit your mistake". Instead of simply apologizing and moving on, you decided to insult and criticize the civil, non-spamming forumers.  You continue to "digress off-point" to draw attention from your disrespectful actions and towards the people who criticize your immature actions.

Cypher

Stop being immature, im2smart4u. I don't want to begin a full-scale war against you, so just stop.