News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Easy money (Updated to Full Release)

Started by Zhampir, February 06, 2010, 02:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was this guide helpful?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Zhampir

[spoiler=The following is considered by many to be cheating (including myself) and is only accessible through a glitch in the game.]
This glitch can now be accessed in the full release. At any time go to the mechanics base in the great forest and do the battles there. After you defeat each wave it will place you outside. Quit the game and go to map editor. By going to save/load and pressing the test map button you can play with your characters. You gain the experiance and money from the battle and it loads (if done properly) the text box just after the Mechanics base.[/spoiler]

KZ

Well, this is really exploiting a bug, rather than a sound in-game strategy. It will be removed as the demo gets developed further. I guess this can go under the category of cheating. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

I thought it wouldn't be, as when you normally win one of those battles it asks you to load a game, but unfortunately doesn't allow you to gain the gold you received by the battle, thereby diminishing the value of creating a map. It's like going to your own deeper downs map, in which you can add more challenging aspects.

For instance, taking on a horde of assassins whilst attempting to take down their leader, the terrible black spriggan. Or, saving a trapped Set from incredible peril as your team is cut off from you and him by an immense ravine teaming with the souls of the dead.

Besides it's as much as cheating as redoing the deeper downs or killing guards for helping beggars, but simply quicker and possibly less redundant.

edit: also this can be seen as a reward for completing absolutely everything the demo allows.

Presentiment

Did this just get fixed? I can't do it anymore.

EDIT: Nvm

Xemadus Echina

aahh yes the out of game bonus maps. *thinks back to TRPG2* yup they sure are fun :)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

i admit, after getting bored of the Deeper Downs, (i am at an honest level 16 with all moves unlocked) i tried this
its pretty cool, but i have no idea how anybody could get 2100 gold per battle with the 10-enemy limit
the closest i've gotten is 1300-ish
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

assuming money gained is purely based on what enemies you're fighting, i'd say it's just a battle of all heros. though perhaps if you make it just your hero and "defend a space" you get more. perhaps some testing on the matter would help? *rings a bell calling the TSoG testing crew* (hey thats a good idea!)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Presentiment

For some reason black spriggats give more than Shadowling Guardians.

Ten Black Spriggats gets 2100. Just set one as the boss and kill it.

Zhampir

That's pretty much my map of choice, Presentiment.
I have the hero surrounded with black spriggats, use Cryo Cross, and kill them all in one turn.

Steelfist

I think that perhaps make it so you can do this after going through the game once (I assume you can repeat the game), but make it impossible the first time round. Just an idea, though.

bugfartboy

If you really want easy money: [spoiler]Seperate the Black Spriggats by something they cant fly around/over and put either a Survive 1 Turn counter in or a Capture the Space marker in right where the hero spawns.[/spoiler]