News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

How many teammates survived after the Nelis/Dean battle?

Started by Duskling, April 03, 2010, 07:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many teammates survived after the Nelis/Dean battle? (Only the teammates in battle)

All ;D
Most
Some
Very Few
None :'(
N/A (Includes not beating the game)

Duskling

When I finished Telepath RPG Chapter 2, I only had few living teammates after the Nelis battle, and I could never survive the Dean battle, so all you TRPG2 players, did your party make it out of the battle alive, or did some/all of them not live to tell the tale?

Zhampir

All can't be an option because you technically haven't beat the game. For those of us that went against humanity "NA" would be the appropriate choice.

Duskling

Quote from: Zhampir on April 04, 2010, 03:36:05 AM
For those of us that went against humanity "NA" would be the appropriate choice.
It's been added, anything else that I should add? (Not meant as an insult, rather, as a simple question)

Ertxiem

The first time I beat Nelis just 2 or 3 team mates survived. And the first time I beat the Academy, just the Main survided!
However, I started a new game (not a New Game +) on brutal and (after some grinding and strategic knowledge) I was able to beat both battles with all team mates alive.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

i never lost teammates, whenever I did i would just reset the game and run through the battle again
and after beating the game the first time, i just did a new game+ which makes loosing a thing of the past
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Ertxiem

Oh. I forgot to say that I also played solo for the entire game on brutal and I was able to beat both missions (after some serious grinding). The hardest part was beating solo the first battles before being able to train. There was someone in the old forums that claimed that he was able to beat the entire game without grinding (i.e., no random battles, no security station battles and no gambling). I never managed to do it, but I might try again some day...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Duskling

Quote from: Ertxiem on April 04, 2010, 05:24:25 PM
However, I started a new game (not a New Game +) on brutal and (after some grinding and strategic knowledge) I was able to beat both battles with all team mates alive.
Wow, I would like to congradulate you, I never made it through the Dean battle, and only myself, Darkling, and Shadowboxer survived the Nelis battle. (And that was only on easy!)

SmartyPants

The people who answer "All" spent too much time gold farming.  The great fault of TRPG2 is that the game requires people to waist a ton of time gold farming to fight the Shadowling Queen.

cx

At 1st playthru:

Academy-battles all survived on hard but not on brutal.

Somnius-battles all survived on brutal.

At 2nd playthru:

All survived at Academy-battles on brutal.

Somnius-battles I have only battled via chest so far (haven't had time to finish TRPG 2 second time yet).

Tombomb25

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 04, 2010, 09:47:13 PM
The people who answer "All" spent too much time gold farming.  The great fault of TRPG2 is that the game requires people to waist a ton of time gold farming to fight the Shadowling Queen.

I don't think so; I may have fought on normal, but I never bothered farming and managed to do it at lvl 15 without spending money on anyone except the main, Festus, and Grotius more than 4 times.

torugo

everyone on my team can survive on any difficulty except for brutal
mock the pheonix you will burn

frodo2040

I have perhaps had one of the most epic endings.  I went against Tastidian, and all of my teammates survived up to the last battle.  Nelis slaughtered all of my teammates, and I was left with my Hero who had 2 HP and no PsP left.  Thankfully, I had the green orb, and kept running around to gain PsP.  Eventually, when I had 5 PsP, I confronted Nelis with a powerful Vengeance, and killed her.

KZ

Nice one, frodo2040.
Of the big ones I remember fighting Nelis with the GUI minimized and one or two teammates dead. Won in the end, but it was hard as I didn't remember who had how much health and how much PsP!
Still, first time around when I tried the academy, I lost quickly, and on the first win I think I had one or two teammates left. With Nelis it was easier on the first try, losing only two, i think (but that was a long time ago during TRPG2 beta testing stage!). After that, I never lost a teammate on the Nelis battle on any of the difficulties thanks to exploting her attacking preferences (ie with yellow orb and vengeance, go after Nelis with the Main, whilst keeping everyone else at a safer distance and ensuring that she only uses Fire Gate).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!