News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

You're banned

Started by Zhampir, April 07, 2010, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Yes, but Joe's drinking some joe averagely, right? BAN!

Deagonx

Duckling is banned because he didnt start his sentence with [insert name here] is banned because
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Shadoroq

Deagonx is banned for not enclosing the phrase "[insert name here] is banned because" with quatation marks.
You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

Deagonx

Shadoroq is banned because he misspelled "quotations" and is reprimanding ME for proper english.

ArtDrake

Deagonx is banned because the marks weren't quotation marks, but were, in fact, quatation marks; he is also banned because typos happen, and because nonpunctuation does not just "happen".

Why would I start a banning with "[Insert Name Here] is banned"?

I don't know of any users by that name; methinks only you would do something of the sort.

Deagonx

Duckling is banned because of word games.

Shadoroq

Deagonx is banned for being unappreciative of word games. Spell check is also banned for not catching that mistake.
You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

ArtDrake

Deagonx is banned for calling proper grammar and usage of language "word games"!

By designating them as such, you attach labels of inferiority, juvenility, intellectualism, and capriciousness to them. Now, I know you wouldn't want to do that to a guy that's just trying to help out, now would you?

Y'see, by labing correctness of written language as inferior, you end up showing yourself to be one that separate himself from, disagrees with, and refuses to abide by conventions such as spelling, grammar, and correct punctuation. And anyone who disagrees with that which is correct is by extension incorrect. You wouldn't want to be incorrect, would you?

However, I think you're just trying to sound superior, self-contained, mature, or simply above fun, but the truth is, you're simply degrading yourself.
So if you don't call my correction of your improper usage of the English language in the hopes of eventually teaching you how to consistently use them for yourself, and I won't say you're being silly! ;)

Deagonx

Its not that I dont acknowledge my mistakes, but you correcting them for me is arrogant.

Its not your place to correct me, and don't you dare try and say you misunderstood the message I was trying to get through.

Ertxiem

Deagonx is banned for not banning anyone in his previous post.
And  Deagonx is double banned for banning a few posts ago a currently non existent member. Nowadays I don't know anyone named Duckling. Perhaps you were thinking about the Demon Duck...

And, by the way, this is just a game. Don't take the banning justifications too seriously.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

Ert is banned for being a good mod, and smoothing that out.

Deagonx is banned because I did, in all sincerity, not mean to hurt you by my use of language, but rather to heal.

There was, in fact, no possible manner in which you could have been correct; I would have made the merriment or, as you say in your dialect of distinct un-fun, "correction", no matter how delicately you had phrased the banning. I hoped in vain that you would not take my jest as meant to wound, but only to be of jocular nature.

I do wish to take back any wound, hurt, sorrow, woe, distress, discomfort, or pain I caused in my quest to sharpen the tongue and mind with wit.

bugfartboy

Ert is banned because his singing makes my ears bleed.

Demon Duck is banned for putting too much in a post.

ArtDrake

Bug is banned for thinking that the amount I put in a post is too much.

bugfartboy

Ducks is banned for helping DeagonX hide the cheese.

Deagonx

Bug is banned because of the new Obama healthcare bill.