News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New RTD!

Started by Steelfist, February 07, 2010, 01:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

thank you for the tips. i'll just edit your outline.

Rainen

Demigod:
Psy Fighter (Pyro)

Psy Power: 15
Power: 1
Defence: 5
Aptitude: 10
Personality: 5

Mind Blast: 2
Pyro Blast: 1
(perhaps the pyro assault could be a feedback/vengeance thing then)
pyro crush: 1
(the damage for this is alright?)

S. Skill:
+4 to Pyro Attacks

will i be able to learn or discover the health regain eventually or is it to cheap?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zackirus

The health Thing I would imagine you would need around 16 Def in your case (which is a long way away) but it still could be done. I would use a different formula to assign damage but this is probably how it would go. 15 ( Psy Power) + 2 (P. Power Modifier) + 1 (Weapon Modifiers) + 4 (extra Mod) = 22!

Anyway, Enjoy the RTD story!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

thanks i will! also is there an action limit per post? because i will be doing pretty much the same thing for awhile.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zackirus

Usually the more actions you give me the more I write but keep i down to at least 2-4 okay!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Frosty

Name: Garling
Race: Shadowling, Guardian

Psy Power: 7
Power: 1
Defence: 6
Personality: 11
Aptitude: 11

Mind Blast: 1
Mental Takeover: 1 (same as Mind Blast, only controls the targets next move)
Shadow Blast: 1
Dark Vortex: 1

Skills: Can take over someones mind, making them a little puppet for a brief time.

Bio: Was in the Queens service long enough to get his bone mask, but was expulsed right away for sending the other guardians on suicide charges during the mission for his own survival. Lives in the Great Fores, living off what he can and surviving against any odds in battle.

Personality: Heartless, doesn't trust anyone except his trainer. Even his trainer is catious of him sometimes. If he sees someone unusual nearby, he will immediatly reroute them.

PS Sorry about the lateness of this post.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zackirus

Good job frosty, although for the sake of the game, can your character start with:

Mind Blast: 2
Mental Takeover: 1
Shadow Blast: 1

its leads so that more training has to be done to unlock your character's greater potential through training. Once, you have done that, post your first action in the RTD story and we have another adventure. Please, look at either Rainen's or Ertsa Man posts to see how to post what you do! Have fun!

- Lord Canada

Frosty

Oh by the way, Garling can't cause people to commit suicide or extreme actions like that. He only has control over them for about 2 minutes.

Xemadus Echina

while i wait for you to continue the story, i figured i'd post some skill names/effects that Rainen once knew.  after the full attack list i'll post a more in depth bio so you fine folks can know where i get my inspiration from for him.  and so you know why some of his abilities seem... not so telepathy (its hard for me to pull a character out of thin air. took me 5 years to think this one up and i was asleep and dreaming half the time i thought of him.)

name(range):effect
pyro assault(3): hits in a line of three getting progressively weaker. full damage, half damage, 1/3 damage.
pyrolysis(1): the ultimate close range fire attack, deals immense damage to a unit directly in front of the user.
flames of gaia(3r): deals damage in all directions up to 3 spaces away from the user. advanced form of pyrocrush.
mind crush(1-2):hits the two spaces in front of user, advanced form of mind blast.
mystic heal(p): heals a small percent of health every turn.
ethereal shield(p): raises all the elemental resistances of the caster by a small amount.
he can also learn static shield for personal use, feedback, vengeance and pyro hail.

The idea came from the main character of my book (check siggy) Rainen is a hero from a different dimension. due to a temporal anomaly, an exact copy of himself was created and he was sent into the telepath dimension with most of his powers unusable due to lacking control over his elemental affinity.  he draws his power from a source called mystic essence which does not exist in this dimension.  that weakened and eliminated the use of the majority of his special abilities and exotic attacks.  He has resigned to the fact that he will never return to his home dimension so he has made the decision to remove all the memories he has from outside the telepath universe from his mind.  To cover up the lack of memory, he claims to have amnesia.
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

Hehe, thanks for taking over.

I've never actually started or run a forum game before, do your welcome to take control.

I'll help where I can, and roll now and then though.

Frosty

I realized Garling started in the wrong spot, but here are reasons
A) Why would the Psy academy let a shadowling in?
B) Imagine a Shadowling in a pub.

Xemadus Echina

to bad there aren't anymore new players...
im writing a book!
You never know

FlyingFinn

Well, i could join the game... Just two questions:
-How many points can i put to stats of my character altogether (i guess it´s 24, but i still ask. Just to make it sure.)?
-Could a Gelf be Psy? ;D
Grammar! >_<

Steel Ersatz Man

I wanna join too. Here's my character:

Name: Moohab

Weapon: Spear+Sheild

Skills:
Strength: 10
Physical Defense: 8
Psy Power: N/A
Psy Defense: N/A
Aptitude: 8
Personality: 10 (more intimidating than friendly)

Special Abilities: Superior physical prowess to most people and his skill with a spear+sheild.

E.T.C.: When he was going to train to be a guard, his father gave him the family heirloom. A green orb. It is his most prized possesion and, unknowingly to him, it has given him the energy and speed that has made him become a very succesful guard

Bio: A guard who is more than a peon but less than a higher up in the guard's corporate ladder. His family was killed by rogue psy's during his training as a guard and his dream is to track down the people who killed his parents and get revenge. He hates all people with any psy powers.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Steel Ersatz Man

Anyway, lets start!  :)

Moohab is putting in a formal request for work leave to go on his quest to find the rogue psy's.

Steel Ersatz Man