News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

demo observed bug list

Started by carlosfriendlys, May 02, 2022, 07:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlosfriendlys

Thank you for sharing a demo on steam.  It looks nice and has played mostly smoothly, however I have thusfar encountered one minor bug and one game-breaking bug.

1) if a flying character uses levitate with the steamhopter and ends in water, the next turn they will be drowning even though they are flying type

2) a random scripted event after an arena battle finished had a child shadowling asking for help due to people harassing them.  I agreed which lead to a battle-map, but after deploying my team the scripted battle did not run.

3) the hardest difficulty salaries are ridiculous - have these been playtested?  I find it hard to believe that it would be possible to meet the first two week salary while maintaining food and not buying a single thing.

lastly a suggestion:
Some classes are absolutely necessary in teambuilding - namely healers.  It may be worthwhile to guarantee that a character with a healing skill is possible to recruit in the first set of 12 characters, at least on the most challenging difficulty, though following comment 3) above, they range from salaries of 600-1000+ from what I have seen (hardest difficulty).  Not possible to recruit them while making a 6 person team with the limited salary.  Easier difficulties benefit from plenty of money for bandages.

I will give the game another playthrough and add any other observed issues to this post.

Thank you for your consideration.

CraigStern

Thanks for the report!

By default, the game tries to always generate at least one Psy Healer or Gasul among the starting group of recruits. And to answer your question: yes, I have played through on Brutal difficulty. It is definitely possible to hit the salary payout on payday, though you may end up needing to hit the recruitment office more than once to fill out a team if you get too many characters with exceptionally high salary requirements. (The base game does not offer shadowlings or spriggats from day one, which may affect this.)

CraigStern

Well, I've fixed the issue with that side mission, but Steam's servers seem to be having a problem. I'll upload it when I can get in.

carlosfriendlys

Thank you for your response, and very rapid troubleshooting!  I look forward to playing this in full when it is released.  I attempted another brutal playthrough and have the following two comments/questions:

(1) the tooltip on recruitment day indicates that a team of six is mandatory, when in fact it is not.  I would recommend adjusting this phrasing to suggested
(2) A question regarding salary - It appears that the payday is set in stone at 14 day intervals as opposed to rolling based on when a recruit is recruited.  If for example, I purchased a new character on day 13, paying 1x their salary, would I have to pay that salary again on day 14 for payday?  How does the game track recruits on days between 1-14?  I would recommend definitely adding a tooltip regarding this since it appears at present it is only cost efficient to recruit on n+14 days, and potentially considering adding two costs to a unit - one cost for the unit up until the first payday that tracks how many days they will be with your team (e.g. recruit on day 7 has a 500 base 14-day cost, but costs 250 for the 7 days from day 7 to day 14), or some other alternative to this.  Part of the fun of these team-building games in the TPA series is building a good team, so disincentivizing team-building on days other than efficient days seems counterintuitive.

CraigStern

Thanks for the suggestions!