News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hell quest

Started by Xemadus Echina, May 23, 2010, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

damnit dusk Why'd you have to jump the gun i was saving his death for a key moment in the story >.< ah well I'll just make a character up for that portion then.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on June 20, 2010, 03:21:50 PM
damnit dusk Why'd you have to jump the gun i was saving his death for a key moment in the story >.< ah well I'll just make a character up for that portion then.
Why don't you use Fac, or will he be a lot more valuable later on? I mean, I brought him in the story, yes, but you or others could decide exactly what happens to him after the rendezvous.

Xemadus Echina

i have plans for fac as well.  And of course at the end of the game/story i'll have plans for every remaining member of the group.  But that wont be coming any time soon.  Any way here's the next portion.

Rainen has been walking for hours.  Jeez where the hell is that rendezvous point  He sat down on the ground and said to himself "What the hell just happened there...  I just totally lost it and then darkness..."  He sat there and silence for awhile and then suddenly jumped to his feet and started walking again I need to find my bearings and fast    Rainen started running and after awhile he came to an area that looked like a marsh.  oh crap this can't be what i think it is.  it just CAN'T be  Rainen took out his map of hell and traced a path.  He stopped on a ring with a label reading "dead marsh,  ring surrounding hell that is impassible and inescapable"  
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Dammit, Dusk thought, with no-one at the rendezvous point yet, What's taking them so long?

Having thought that he waited long enough, Dusk went on looking for Rainen, thinking him being the most valueble person of the group, and hoping that he can lead him to the others.

"Rainen!" Dusk yelled in a place where he was sure there were no demons, "Are you there?!?!!"

Shouting in any area of hell was a bad idea, especially when it was on high alert. A demon spotted Dusk, but instead of being idiotic and attacking him after recieving intel about the group, he disappeared to report to the Demon King.

Dusk, seeing something move from the corner of his eye, thought, Shit, Rainen will have to wait, as he set off after the demon.

Xemadus Echina

since we've all pretty much split our stories, lets give a little back story to our characters for the next few posts until linking them back up again.  Of course I'll be bringing MY story into this so if you want to play along with it be my guest.  Though of course if you have your own story with your own driving forces and explanations then it'll turn into a sort of comic book crossover type of story.

Rainen stood up from where he was sitting and turned around This'll be a long walk back He was walked for a few minutes past the point where the marshes behind him were out of sight and then in front of him he saw more of the marsh.  He kneeled down and look at the marshes and screamed out "WHY!"  how could i have possibly gone into the dead marshes without setting foot in them  He got up and walked parallel to the marshes so that they were out of sight.  Some time passed and again he came upon the marshlands.  He began to recite some notes on the marshes from memory "the marshes are one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.  Nobody knows why but for some reason once you set foot in the marshes, you can never walk away from them.  No matter how many times you turn around or walk in another direction with the marshes leaving your sight you always end up walking towards them again.  Once you finally do walk into them and normal land is out of sight, you can never again leave them.  It seems as if you are constantly returned to a single point deep in the center of the marshes.  Ages ago there was a story of a man escaping the dark clutches of hell's dead marshes but alas it is only a story."  Rainen sighed and closed his eyes.  He began to reach out with his mind to try and find a source of essence, the driving force of his powers.  If i could just gather enough energy i could get out of the usual way but for some reason the only source of essence in this dimension seemed to be the alter of the damned...  I wonder if the demon king even knows how it truly works... most inhabitants don't know how their powers truly work. Rainen kept walking next to the marsh, never going into it but never leaving sight of it.  Again,  Rainen kept attempting to sense the essence that fueled his powers but again, he found no usable source. im gonna be here a looonngg time
im writing a book!
You never know

Mad

When Mad saw the demons walking towards his position he was horrified,

Oh goddamnit! NOW how am I goning to escape?! Then he remembered that the platoon he killed had wepons...the very thing he didn't.

Okay let's see, sword, dagger, axe. I'll take the sword and dagger

"Hey boss I think I heard footsteps!"

"No! you think?!"

Those were the last words he spoken as the axe met with his head.

"There he is!"

50 demons vs. me? I think my only chance is to RUUUUUUUN!!!

"Don't let him get away!!!"

Because Mad thought he would need them later he placed extra claymores and nitro gallons all around the canyon and now that he's running from 50 demons he thought scrath that KNEW that he needed to detonate those bombs!

Such a sight, he thought  I mean it's not everyday you get to see guts flying in all directions now I gotta get outta here before the place is overun by demons! so he used a rock as a surfboard and before he knew it the place was indeed, overun with demons.

Wow it looks like all of hell is going to see that canyon! Well at least I'm not in there, now I better go to the rendezvous point they're probably waiting for me he thought all this while running to the rendezvous point.
When you're in love you eat pie, when you're in stress you eat pie, and if you're about to be eaten by a 5-headed she/he-demon...YOU EAT PIE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMMOROW!!!

Steelfist

Walking past a canyon filled with demons, still disguised as a demon lord, Steelfist smiled, a chilling sight, given his form. He continued on to the rendezvous point, and when he arrived he changed his form back to human. Only Mad was there, though. "Nice handiwork, back at the canyon." Steelfist complemented him, "I found out why they're massing their armies. Anyone seen the others?"

Xemadus Echina

Rainen had been walking for hours. I REALLY hope Mystic bails me out of here... After awhile he sat down next to the bog and just listened I should have brought some equipment with me... Maybe one of those canisters...  Rainen sat down and closed his eyes to take a nap.  While he was sleeping he felt faint emanations coming from all around him. He jolted awake yelling out "THATS IT!" He jumped up and focused, drawing out what power he could from himself. This guy has been thinking with portals Rainen walked away from the bog until it was just barely visible. Alright it's time to get out of here. Rainen closed his eyes and focused. He looked with his mind's eye and saw the portal just a few yards in front of him.  He walked up closer until he was just a few inches away from the portal and then unleashed a portion of his gathered energy.  The portal right in front of him seemed to dissipate and he ran though.  A few seconds passed and it quickly returned the same way it disappeared.  Alright I need to hurry up and get back to the other guys. Rainen used his power and ran at super human speeds in what he hoped was the right way.  Some time passed and he managed to find his way.  Luckily for him he was still nearby the gates to the Alter of the Damned For once in my life i really did just get generally lucky He kept running and saw spots of  black blood everywhere Well looks like i missed some of the fun To his amazement he reached the rendezvous point to see Mad and Steelfist "Boy am I glad to see you guys." He stopped running and walked up to them right before passing off into a coma.

OOC: He's not dead. Its just his power is like his life force, it slowly regenerates naturally but if he uses to much he ceases to function if it is all used up he dies permanently.  After regaining enough he'll regenerate and be fine. try not to let this information effect your posts.
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

"You won't be, once I tell you why the army's massing" said Steelfist, smiling, but attempting to conceal the warmth in it, "Armageddon. If we get out, it'll be out of the frying pan and into the fire. We're screwed." He laughed, and said to Mad "Do you think he heard me?"

Xemadus Echina

Rainen jolted awake.  His first image was of the remaining members of his group.  He had troubles placing their names due to being out for a longer then usual time. "sorry about that guys I guess I just exerted to much effort"  Rainen and his group started talking amongst themselves, bragging about their accomplishments and regaining the will to fight after their leader had been out for so long.  After awhile Rainen spoke in a calm voice "it's time to get out of hell guys."  Rainen focused his energies into a small blast and then proceeded to fire it towards a crack in the ceiling.  the entire cavern filled with explosions as the roof of the cave tumbled and broke into millions of pieces, smashing everything under them.  I hope that gives us enough time to get to the alter  Rainen rose his right hand and signaled the group to make a beeline to the gates of the alter.
im writing a book!
You never know

Xemadus Echina

I think you're in a different timeline from the main story.  The entire cavern sort of just collapsed so if you would either edit that or just make a new post bringing you back into the main timeline that would be nice.  Also the randevous point is right under a giant support column which is in an area that was untouched by the explosives that Rainen placed so that's how we managed to survive. currently everyone left in the party is running at a bee line to the alter of the damned.
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

I have an idea! Why not make heaven quest a continuation of this? After we escape, obviously.

Xemadus Echina

that's a good idea actually.  but what would the quest be?
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

Fight against the forces of hell during Armageddon (which, in case anyone doesn't know, is the war between heaven and hell. It's supposed to signal the end of the world). Maybe we could even try to save the world and prevent it being destroyed.

Xemadus Echina

good idea.  Now all we gotta do is get out of this hell hole (pun intended)
im writing a book!
You never know