News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Grotuis

Started by lentro, June 21, 2010, 10:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you kill Grotius after defeating Cerzak?

yes
no

Bromtaghon

Ah yes, the infamous Long Post of KZ.
Basically, the Main can either choose certain replies and be affected by the Shadowling's customs, or s(he) can not.
The humans and Grotius may influence his perspective, especially his best friends.
KZ thinks the Main should be a bit wary about what the Shadowlings say and what Nelis stands for.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Well i prefer shadowlings over spriggats anywasy, and besides, it pleases Darkeye to kill him also. Nelis reminds me of Queen Elizabeth, I don't know how, but she does, so I don't se anything wrong with the Queen. Sure, she has a lot of wars going on but she is quite certain of winning them before she starts them, not including human interfearance (which includes the main and the psy academy).
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

You're taking the side of the Shadowlings, which, quite frankly, I probably wouldn't have done if I was the Main.  Slaves generally dislike their captors, so I'd be a bit biased against them and would be more willing to believe that Cerzak shouldn't be killed.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

It's hardly something you enjoy, slavery, is it?

Anyway. I don't think there are any negative side effects if you don't kill Cerzak, but there are if you do (Unless you don't have Grotius on the team, at which point this becomes largely immaterial). Logic would suggest sparing his life, even if you don't use Grotius.

Dorgon 5000

I like spriggats, so I always let Cerzak live. Also, Grotius is one of my favorite characters, so I always want to keep him.

KZ

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 25, 2010, 01:28:28 AM
Ah yes, the infamous Long Post of KZ.
Basically, the Main can either choose certain replies and be affected by the Shadowling's customs, or s(he) can not.
The humans and Grotius may influence his perspective, especially his best friends.
KZ thinks the Main should be a bit wary about what the Shadowlings say and what Nelis stands for.

Aye, Bromtaghon got that right.
Not sure lentro why would the Queen association eclipse what Nelis does and stands for, and where that association comes from in the first place? Surely it's not the voice..? :P
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

lentro

This entire topic narrows down to which side you would choose. If you like the shadowlings, then you would probably kill grotius and the academy, if you liked the spriggats, you would spare their lives and kill nelis. I dislike the spriggats, so its natural I would prefer them dead.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

FlyingFinn

But only propably. I like about shadowlings(they have strong personalities ;D ) more than spriggats(i would like to know more about them) , but i still always choose the ending where i turn against Nelis, because she is causing problems to humans and spriggats and sometimes for shadowlings too for her own good.

And about choices that Main makes: though (s)he has forgot his/her past life, her/his personality and morale might remain same: they aren´t contacted to human memory straightly. And Main remembered things from her/his past by himself/herself, so maybe shadowlings haven´t took Mains memory, maybe they just hid it from his/her conscious mind?

Sorry about bad language. :P
Grammar! >_<

KZ

Methinks from an in-game point of view FlyingFinn has it right- it really boils down to how much the Main is affected by the Shadowling prejudices over the Main's own upbringing. And I'd also suspect that not all will choose the sides on the basis of who they like more (that is to say, using some completely irrelevant, like Shadowlings look cooler, criteria) - Shadowlings or Spriggats, but along the lines of what each of the 3 main races stands for and which choices prior to that the player followed - thus more from a participant, than observer standpoint.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!