News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Easter Egg- Forum Battles

Started by Bromtaghon, June 21, 2010, 04:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torugo

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 24, 2010, 01:12:57 AM
@Zackirus: This is more for our amusement than something that will ever make it into the games.
@Torugo: What's burn? Also, 4 and 2 are not odd numbers so there is no middle space- thus, how would you decide from which square its attacks would originate from? Maybe 1x3 instead?
@Duskling: I believe Barzul is a she, but I could be wrong.
@no one in particular: Actually, we could make an entire game called Telepath: The Forum Adventures.  You could have a general plot around killing Pres.

I'll design a bunch of random stats now.
the 4 squares in the middle are where you can attack it the 2 on the sides are its wings that provide protection. and burn is a counter against physical attacks that you get burn damage from touching it
mock the pheonix you will burn

Bromtaghon

So you're saying it looks like this?
OOOOOO
XXXXXX
OOOOOO

I restate my question, where do the attacks originate from? Also, Burn is just Mind Blast except Heat Affinity?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 24, 2010, 01:12:57 AM
@Zackirus: This is more for our amusement than something that will ever make it into the games.

I know that! I still would want to be part of it though
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

torugo

pyro blast and pyro hail are moves you use if you choose fire affinity. the flame is the attack that red spiggurats use.and burn is just a counter attack to physical attacks. seriously did you have to ask where where pyro blast and pyro hail come from
besides its like this.
and mind blast does not counter
0xxx0
0xxx0

Bromtaghon

Quote from: torugo on June 24, 2010, 08:17:33 PM
pyro blast and pyro hail are moves you use if you choose fire affinity. the flame is the attack that red spiggurats use.and burn is just a counter attack to physical attacks. seriously did you have to ask where where pyro blast and pyro hail come from
besides its like this.
and mind blast does not counter
0xxx0
0xxx0
1. I never use the Fire Affinity but I know that.
2. It's called Fire Breath.
3. There are no counters to specific elements only.
4. No, in fact, I never asked where Pyro Blast and Pyro Hail came from.  I asked where they (the attacks themselves) would originate from, which you took to meant where they (the concept of the attacks) originated from, which made you think I was completely stupid.
5. What's 'like this?'
6. No attack counters.  For example, Griffin and Jabbar counter with Melee.  If you attack a Mechanic Swordsman, he has melee, but does he counter? No.  Counter-attacks are part of specific units.
7. Are the 0s part of the same thing that the Xs are part of?
To rephrase my question that was slightly misworded, I meant to say that if the pheonix looks like this

XXXX
XXXX

with all Xs being parts of the pheonix, it proves a bit of a problem.  How does Pyro Blast work?

XXXX     or     XXXX      or     XXXX    or  XXXX
XXXX             XXXX             XXXX         XXXX
OOOO            OOOO            OOOO        OOOO
TOOO            OTOO             OOTO        OOOT

with X being the pheonix, O being something unimportant, and T being the target.

Similar problems occur with Pyro Hail.  Now, if the Pheonix was a more reasonable 1x3, it could work using the middle tile of the pheonix.

XXX
OOO
OTO

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Barzul on June 24, 2010, 03:34:31 AM
On a side note: Bromtaghon, why do you believe I'm a she?

I think there was some topic about love lives in the old forums and something about you, or some other person with a Shadowling as an avatar, said something.  I'm too old to remember :D but I could be way off.

torugo

1.ok so i made the mistake with fire breath.
2.pyro blast and hail work like this
pyro blast  fire breath       pyro hail 0=wing which cant be attacked
0xxx0        0xxx0                   0xxx0     x=part of the pheonix which can be attacked
0xxx0        0xxx0                   0xxx0     p= attack of pyro blast and hail and fire breath
                  p                        p  
  p              p                       ppp
                  p                        p
3.if you touch lava or fire does it burn. so a physical attack against it would burn who touches it
4.you need to chill out its not like any of these bosses are going to get in the game anyway. so just let people post what they want and stop complaining about every little detail

Bromtaghon

1. Okay.  Enough said.
2. So the pheonix is actually 3X5? Also, why is Pyro Hail off to the side?
3. Your argument makes sense, but it hasn't been coded yet so that only attacks of the Physical element will trigger a counterattack.
4. Chill out? I just didn't understand your idea on attacks from enemies that have no 'middle' square.  Also, you made up a new attack (Burn) and I wanted to know what it was.

Duskling

Why not just make it a mini phoenix and call it torugo?

Attacks: Pyro Hail, Pyro Blast.

Speed: 3

Health: 190

Size: Normal (1 space)

Bromtaghon

Or in regard to his sig, three pheonixes, one bigger one (Torugo, 1X3) and two mini-Pheonixes (1X1, weaker.)

Duskling

That works too, but the point is that the huge phoenix is probably too complicated.

Dorgon 5000

I think the phoenix should be as large as Craig can make it. I think that the bosses in TRPG should be as big as possible, it´s much cooler than.

Bromtaghon

I don't think coding it multi-tile enemies is very hard, I think his problem was more than one attackable tile.  In the battle with Iblis, one can attack from both sides, the back, and the front, whereas if it was big enough you might only be able to attack it from the front which would be harder.
How are big bosses cooler? They just take up more room, it's pretty much a wall space with cool graphics.

Dorgon 5000

If they are bigger, the battles feel more epic.

Xemadus Echina

I like how you guys just totally forgot about me in this entire forum :P also I'd like to point out a little message from an earlier date. 
Re: Ask the developer a question!
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
Page 12

im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.