News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Thoughts on current administration (of the country(s))

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, June 25, 2010, 06:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deagonx

I love how Obama claims to be a christian yet doubtlessly supports abortion.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

bugfartboy

It's called being a politician. Do whatever it takes to get into office, then do whatever. Then, when election time comes back around, do whatever it takes to be reelected. Then, if you are reelected, do whatever you want to botch stuff for the next person to take your office.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Deagonx on April 11, 2011, 08:23:10 PMI love how Obama claims to be a christian yet doubtlessly supports abortion.
Different Christians have different definitions of when cells become a person.  Some believe life begins at conception, while other believe life begins much later.  But thats a whole different topic.  Plus, Obama's church was always less about Christianity, then it was about "black theology". (It is has become outdated and racist in the 21st century.)

Quote from: Bugfartboy on April 11, 2011, 08:49:59 PMIt's called being a politician. Do whatever it takes to get into office, then do whatever. Then, when election time comes back around, do whatever it takes to be reelected. Then, if you are reelected, do whatever you want to botch stuff for the next person to take your office.
Obama didn't promise anything when discussing the president authorizing military attacks, so it wasn't a campain promise.  He was just discussing his moral views.  Apparently, he will willing to throw away his moral beliefs to make sure he doesn't lose political points.

Zackirus

The leader's debate just happened in Canada. Here ( in my opinion) is what happened.

The Conservative Leader, Stephen Harper, remained cool and collected throughout the debate, making rational arguments and responded quite well.

The Liberal Leader, Michael Ignatituf, complained a lot, and seemed to be more focused on what other parties will/have do/done that he spent little time selling his party.

The NDP Leader, Jack Layton, made excellent points and stirred up the pot in the debate. He poked fun at both the Liberals and Tories (conservatives) and was very compelling.

The Bloc Leader, Gilles, couldn't say one sentence without mentioning Quebec's needs and wants...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Dean_Lukas

Quote from: Zackirus on April 12, 2011, 10:53:05 PM

The Bloc Leader, Gilles, couldn't say one sentence without mentioning Quebec's needs and wants...

Isn't that their entire platform?
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on April 08, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 08, 2011, 09:10:17 PMI still think think representatives of Americans (Congress) would make better decsions about where to send American forces, then the foreign countries who can't do anything militarily without us.
That is what I am talking about. American's can be too arrogant and you guys think you are the most important thing ever. Things can get done without you guys you know.
France and Britain admit that they can't halt Gadhafi's assault against civilians in places like Misrata without American firepower.  Its not arrogance; It is history that says America has lead the free world militarily and politically since WWII.

"Let's be realistic. The fact that the U.S. has left the sort of the kinetic part of the air operation has had a sizable impact. That is fairly obvious," said Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 13, 2011, 05:02:30 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on April 08, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 08, 2011, 09:10:17 PMI still think think representatives of Americans (Congress) would make better decsions about where to send American forces, then the foreign countries who can't do anything militarily without us.
That is what I am talking about. American's can be too arrogant and you guys think you are the most important thing ever. Things can get done without you guys you know.
France and Britain admit that they can't halt Gadhafi's assault against civilians in places like Misrata without American firepower.  Its not arrogance; It is history that says America has lead the free world militarily and politically since WWII.

"Let's be realistic. The fact that the U.S. has left the sort of the kinetic part of the air operation has had a sizable impact. That is fairly obvious," said Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt.
Furthermore, the current NATO general has totally botched the operation. He even bombed rebel tanks, saying that he didn't know that they had tanks when he almost certainly had heard it, and then refused to apologize. Three articles:
Killing 13 Rebels
Article Proving How Vital the US is
Link About Destruction of Tanks by NATO
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on April 13, 2011, 07:51:13 PMFurthermore, the current NATO general has totally botched the operation. He even bombed rebel tanks, saying that he didn't know that they had tanks when he almost certainly had heard it, and then refused to apologize. Three articles:
Killing 13 Rebels
Link About Destruction of Tanks by NATO
I haven't heard of any evidence that anyone knew that the rebels had tanks.

This is merely a collation partnership imposing a no-fly zone through a military operation

MikeW781

I saw another article saying that footage of the rebel tanks had been one Youtube almost a week before, and unfortunately was unable to find this article, despite searching.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

Dean Lukas: While it is their platform, they could at least try to expand into other areas. It is very annoying when you are listening to what the different Parties are saying about our Healthcare, mind you is one of the best in the world, when Gilles rants on about the needs of Quebec, and how they are "special"

im2smart4u: I love how you jump from the Canadian political debate to what is happening in Libya. I don't doubt that America is one of the leading countries in the world, but, there is something called Modesty which everyone needs to learn, no matter how powerful... Furthermore, I didn't see you defuse the Suez Crisis or Peace Keep in Afganistan, and those went pretty smoothly.

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on April 13, 2011, 10:23:59 PMim2smart4u: I love how you jump from the Canadian political debate to what is happening in Libya. I don't doubt that America is one of the leading countries in the world, but, there is something called Modesty which everyone needs to learn, no matter how powerful... Furthermore, I didn't see you defuse the Suez Crisis or Peace Keep in Afganistan, and those went pretty smoothly.
Unlike some people(not implying you), I don't talk about subjects that I don't know about, so I am not talking about Canadian politics.
In fact, American President Eisenhower was the one who lead the UN against the British and French actions.  America also put economic pressure on Britain which forced them to call for a cease fire.  In Afganistan, it is an US lead NATO operation.  America is usually put in the dangerous parts of the country, while other NATO members are given the less hostile provinces to secure.  The problem is that no one is willing to admit that Afganistan is a lost cause.  Most of the population of Afganistan hasn't ever heard of 9/11, but everyone has heard of redneck evangelical who was burning the Quran in Florida.

This is merely a collation partnership imposing a no-fly zone through a military operation

Zackirus

About Afaganistan: I was referring to the on-going peace operations, not the incident that happened in the 80's. Your still missing my point, it is very good to be a powerful country, but with great power comes great responsibility, not only in how you use that power, but in how you show that power to other people. We know you are the "strongest" but you don't need to keep telling us...

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

You're still missing my point.  I am saying that you don't care about undermining the US Constitution, because UN countries like Canada don't have the power to do anything themselves.

ArtDrake

And he's rebutted that point multiple times.

In terms of military power, he's pointed out that Canada is participating in the military strike against Libya.
In terms of political power, he's pointed out that
a) Canada can be quite influential when it needs to be
b) "With great power comes great responsibility" -- (Uncle Ben)

About undermining the Constitution, we've pointed out multiple times that it's not, and los Padres Fundandos probably shouldn't have put in that bit about treaties in the sixth article of the Consitution if they didn't bloody want to use it!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on April 17, 2011, 10:50:22 AMAbout undermining the Constitution, we've pointed out multiple times that it's not, and los Padres Fundandos probably shouldn't have put in that bit about treaties in the sixth article of the Consitution if they didn't bloody want to use it!
Reid v. Covert says that the Supreme Court has "regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty".