News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Playstation 3 or XBOX 360?

Started by Cypher, June 30, 2010, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you think is overall better?

Playstation 3
XBOX 360
Nintendo Wii
No preference

Cypher

Tell me for what what reason you voted a certain one.

Steelfist

I have had both, although, not at the same time, and I would say that Xbox has a better online system, but for offline play I would have to go with PS3. They balance out fairly equally, however, so I will say no preference.

Cypher

Personally, I prefer the PS3, however it's true the XBOX has some obvious advantages. What do you have now?

Bromtaghon

Nintendo Wii.  ;D

But seriously, if you're comparing the PS3 and the XBOX 360 you might as well throw in the Wii.
Quote from: WikipediaThe Xbox 360 competes with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game consoles.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Cypher

No, sorry, it's a bit too bad (graphics, you can't have friends,etc.)to be put in here.

Steelfist

That's a little bias. That is only your opinion, after all.

Cypher

Steelfist

The Wii now has the votes from no preference, I think.

Cypher

...That's because, although I believe the Wii is the worst, it sold more than the PS3 and XBOX.

Steelfist

What does that have to do with anything? My vote now is for Wii! I've never even owned a Wii!

Cypher

Steelfist

The wit I am certain you possess is wasted on me.

MikeW781

360 is vastly superior to the wii. I personally have both, so i think i have a valid opinion. The wii is a cool idea, and is very appealing to a more casual gamer (noobs!), but it fails to compare to the 360 due a lesser online system, friends only within each game, worse graphics, smaller memory, and less processing power. Consider, for example, CoD5 for both consoles. The wii version has worse controlles, worse graphics, a worse friend system, less content (no Nazi zombies!), and no vehicles. Or Star Wars: The Force unleased. The wii version has worse graphics, less content, worse controlles, no friend system (i like to chat with my friends while playing), and you cant even play missions out of order.

As for Ps3 versus Xbox, id say they are about the same, but the Xbox is cheaper, has better games (Halo), and more of my friends have an xbox.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

While I say that the Xbox 360 is my preferred console, don't forget it has the Red Ring of Death... which I got. >:(

Cypher

The XBOX 360 IS cheaper, but it doesn't have better games (except for halo, of course).