News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TSoG Cheat Determination

Started by KZ, February 09, 2010, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

As you might or might not know, TSoG will be the first projects in which there will be a number of cheats a player can use. However, Craig only gives hints at what the cheats do, but never gives them directly to us. So far our common efforts have yielded answers for all, but one of the cheats. And if any more will come, here is a place to share ideas, discuss any interpretation of the hints, show us succesful and failed tries!

Thus, as ender wrote, "in order to trigger cheats, enter them as the character name". They are all 11 characters long, can be several words, each words is written from a capital letter and there are no spaces between words. The cheat we haven't cracked yet is the one that gives Aptitude level 99.
What we know about it:
-the cheat is related to its effects
-it is 2 words
-the second word is a synonym for "scholar"
-it is two words, neither of which is an article
-one word involves knowledge or intelligence
-does not use the words: smartest, prodigal, brilliant, bright, pupil, or scholar
-does not contain any proper nouns
-no numbers

The last four points on the list were compiled together by Barzul.
So, what are your thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

should we post the ones we figured out at the old forum? and as for the 99 aptitude there's a cheat like that it gives you 99 everything.

KZ

Well, the list of the ones that were figures out is up already in the walkthroughs section, so there is no need. It would be nice to have that cheat for completness' sake, as well as for beta-testing purposes: to see which effects are personality controlled, and which are aptitude controlled. Also, some might wish to cheat, but not have psy attack and psy defense at their max levels, so that they can simply play through the game as usual, except for their Hero being very smart at connecting different things together.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

Yeah I noticed it after I posted, I thought there was a secret one that wasn't found not including the 99 aptitude one?

Frosty

Why would you even put cheats in the game? All they do is take the fun of an actual strategy game and bust it to pieces. The only people that use them are the new people, and then they feel accomplished until they try without the cheats, in which case they will never not use cheats in the game. So why?
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

That's your opinion, which isn't shared by the many who do use the cheats. Had people not felt the need to use them, there wouldn't be any. Some find the game too diffcult, but play it for the storyline, so it would be a shame to not be able to finish off the game and leave in frustration. Then you cheat even if you beat the game, just to have a bit of fun, see how you can beat the ridicilously difficult oppoistion with ease or try out some new funky tactical moves without the pressure of having to survive in battle. Then one can use cheats to playtest the game, something I personally find very useful (e.g. the gold cheat), especially when the engine gets tweaked and we have to start anew- this provides for a quick and easy way to see if all combinations work and aptitude/personality factors, training, etc, is working well. I'm sure others will find more reasons why would one want to cheat in a game and still have a good time without spoiling it for oneself.
Meanwhile, this is a thread for those who would like to help those in need of the aforementioned cheats, so any contributions in this direction are welcome. (You can start a thread about the need to cheat in games/life/whatnot in general in the "general" forums- I'm sure people will have a lot to say for and against ;) )
Welcome to the forums!

DarknessRuler

I have tried sooooo much to find it the aptitude cheat...no luck...*sigh* :(

Ertxiem

Please share with us your attempts. Thinking about the wrong ones may lead us to the right one!
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

DarknessRuler

Sorry now i don't remember...If I try any others I'll write them down

Ertxiem

OK. No problem.
Ah! And where are my manners? :)
Welcome to the forums! Read the rules, continue to use proper grammar, play the games, and enjoy your stay.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

DarknessRuler

Haha thanks. I had a different name on the old forums, so i'm not really new, but thanks anyway :)

cyso

Do you think it could have the word genius in it?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Quote from: yogc on March 13, 2010, 12:33:03 PM
Do you think it could have the word genius in it?

No I've tryed almost almost the genuis. I think it has to do something with Student.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

The word has something to do with "scholar"- it's a synonym, but so far- no luck!

Ahh, Ertxiem, you do know the drill, but allow me to repeat my usual greetings!
DarknessRuler: welcome back to the forums, keep playing the games, read the rules, keep using proper grammar and punctuation and enjoy your stay!
Welcome to the forums!

Presentiment

Its too late to try for me, but a search on a thesaurus yielded:

Academic
Researcher
Intellectual

for 'scholar'. Work with that in mind. :)