News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Helena + Flint vs. 500 Gold

Started by Bromtaghon, July 02, 2010, 06:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you pay Helena and Flint the gold or do you keep the money?

I hired them.
I kept the money.

Dorgon 5000

I think Flint and Helena are good. Flint is good at the start, but Helena gets stronger after very many upgrades (with one of my characters, I gave her atk. level 59, and she suddenly was more effective even than Jack.

cx

Quote from: Dorgon 5000 on July 13, 2010, 04:36:21 AM
she suddenly was more effective even than Jack.

Jack's Snake Eyes tend to vary too much, sometimes its 40+ and sometimes 20+.

Duskling

I always choose Flint and Helena, as the gold is easily wasted on training, and just as easily gained back in fights, with them you only get one chance. Plus Whirlwind is pretty cool, and hunting for repair parts makes you a bit more alert.

Tastidian

There is a lot of gold in TRPG2 but only one Helena and Flint

MikeW781

A good summary of the reasons for choosing Helena and Flint
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

Helena+Flint

And:
[spoiler] If you have Magnilus at your disposal, 500 gold can easily be regained by replacing the Spriggat Assasins Boss Battle. [/spoiler]

lordnova

i will hired them  you could use them for samething else like helena with her sword skill flint for me would do nothing

KZ

What would be interesting to hear is for those who do not hire Flint and Helena, what are their reasons for doing so (after all, reasons for hiring them have been stated aplenty in these two pages)?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

in one game that i played I went through the game to see how few team mates i could gather.  I never did finish that one...
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Ertxiem

In the old forums, somebody claimed that he could finish TRPG2 without grinding for money (no random battles, no bronze golem battles and no Malignus battles). For that to happen, he wouldn't hire Helena and Flint and saved the money for training his team (I believe that he didn't buy Gamblin' Jack either). That's the only case where it makes sense to me to not get Helena and Flint.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Indeed, I was thinking of that time too. In fact, that person only used the 3 Shadowlings and the Main to complete the whole game. But he noted that it became very-very hard towards the end. Apart from this minimalist approach, I also cannot think of any other reason not to get Helena and Flint, hence me wondering why people don't take them onboard.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

well going with the minimalist approach, which units must you recruit to continue the game and which ones are purely optional? and which ones is it possible to "scare away"?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Barzul

Shadowling, Darkling, Festus, Anya, and Guy are the only ones required that you get, and Anya and Guy can be scared off if you side with the shadowlings. All the others can be ignored or rejected.

Ertxiem

And you don't even need to use (or train) all team mates that you get.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

I played on addicting games first, and in that one you can only save your main's progress as far as New Game +'s go, so I had a really high level main (like, no sweat with solo brutal) and spent everything on him. On the special version, I train everybody.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!