News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Soul Capacitor from Gelf?

Started by algebra15, July 09, 2010, 04:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

algebra15

What if there was a "Soul Capacitor" Item you could  buy from Gelf? You could store unused Soul Charges in there, and sell a full capacitor load for money. This would be a bit like the Spin Saws in TRPG2, but you could sell, methinks 10 Soul Charges for somewhere between 500 and 1000 gold? This could become an option later in the game, when everyone has higher-level characters that need to be trained, and you have WAY too many souls. The number of souls to go in the capactor maybe could be upgraded, instead of redeeming for money, but as the capacity was upgraded, you would get less and less extra money for each additional soul. This, if your characters rarely die, is a good way to get rid of those extra soul charges you have and will never use.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

SmartyPants

Since Luca is the only character seen able to use Soul Charges, no one else would want them.  It would be like buying bullets without owning a gun.

If you have too many soul charges, then you should play at a higher difficulty.

algebra15

I mean no offense by it when I say you're being a bit closed-minded here. Gelf could have their own uses for them.

I play at Brutal, and I end up with more than 50 Soul Charges by about half-way through, because Soul Suck is a convenient attack -- no PsP cost. I was just wondering about possibilities concerning getting rid of them without having to have your teammates die. At the same time, this would help promote Soul Suck as a viable skill, as currently, it tends to be left behind compared to Mind Blast, as it does only .65 * Power + Something at the moment. Is there a cheat I don't know of that lets you play at "Difficulty for the Clinically Insane"? I think Brutal is  the top.

SmartyPants

Quote from: algebra15 on July 09, 2010, 08:58:45 PM
I mean no offense by it when I say you're being a bit closed-minded here. Gelf could have their own uses for them.
I mean no offense but what could Wood-Folk possibly use sould charges for?  Decorations for their tents?  ::)

Duskling

They might know a spirit or two, c'mon give algebra a break!

P.S. They actually may use it as decorations, you never know. ::)

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on July 09, 2010, 09:27:42 PM
They might know a spirit or two, c'mon give algebra a break!
Even though many spirits in TPA2 could collect Soul Charges; none could use the Soul Charges to revive anyone.  Even if the Wood-Folk knew some spirits, it is unlikely that can use the Soul Charges.

Duskling

Remember, we're talking about TSoG here, there could be some sort of gifted (not Gifted) spirit that could collect soul charges and use them. Also, why do they collect the soul charges if they can't use them?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on July 09, 2010, 09:51:30 PM
Remember, we're talking about TSoG here, there could be some sort of gifted (not Gifted) spirit that could collect soul charges and use them. Also, why do they collect the soul charges if they can't use them?
Instead of concluding that Luca is a specially gift spirit with her ability to use soul charges to revive fallen teammates, you concluded that the entire spirit population has evloved to do this skill between TPA2 and TSoG and that the Wood-Folk control some of these spirits?

Zackirus

Well I think only some spirts would have that ability (as only some shadowlings have horns etc.). Although, if you (the hero) can get a spirit that can revive the dead;  What is stopping a Gelf from befriending one and making a machiene to contain the soul charges.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on July 10, 2010, 11:13:42 AM
Well I think only some spirts would have that ability (as only some shadowlings have horns etc.).
Craig has emphasised before the rareity for spirits to gather soul charges.  This means a spirit's ability to use soul charges is so rare that is it almost unheard of.

Quote from: Zackirus on July 10, 2010, 11:13:42 AMWhat is stopping a Gelf from befriending one and making a machiene to contain the soul charges.
The lack of a human population at the Great Forest would mean a lack of spirits. Also, the Wood-Folk are scavengers; not engineers, so they would not be able to create any machines.

Zackirus

If one spirit can does it, than another does it too. Although it is quite rare, I am pretty sure their is another spirit out their that collects soul charges. Then, that spirit befriended (or was captured and had is soul charges taken away by) a Mechcanic and he designed the technology. Which the Gelf  must have found.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Craig explicity stated that Wood-Folk, or Gelves, are not skilled/strong at Psy. They're also not spirits, so they are not likely to be able to build up a complicated device that stores soul charges.

Plus, although in TPA2 many spirits do use soul suck, there is nothing to indicate at all that they can actually store it- unlike Luca, they may simply be able to remove the soul from the body, but be unable to hold onto it and later use it for something else. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that folks in the Torunament of Ravinale would rely pretty heavily on spirits to revive fallen charges in order to keep up the number of participants (or any important teammates within a famous team- like one of the two brothers raised by Greater ghosts, or Zem the Reaper himself).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on July 11, 2010, 07:23:45 AMOtherwise, I'm pretty sure that folks in the Torunament of Ravinale would rely pretty heavily on spirits to revive fallen charges in order to keep up the number of participants (or any important teammates within a famous team- like one of the two brothers raised by Greater ghosts, or Zem the Reaper himself).
Huh? What and who are you talking about?

algebra15

I wasn't thinking that they'd have to use the Souls for Soul Charges; what if they could be used for...

• Powering home appliances
  • Running / Operating "Gaggets"
  • Disposable dance partners for lonely Gelfs (maybe not  :()
  • Powering up broken-down Bronze Golems as a service to the Mechanics (You bring a few souls, and the Gelves power up a Bronze Golem; quite a racket for the Gelves, right?

If this idea is too radical for some people, or the Creator, I understand. But as the Tournament of Ravinale is not visitable in TSoG, and you can't sell your souls yet, then it would be useful to have some way to get rid of excess souls.

Nameless

I mean no offense but what could Wood-Folk possibly use sould charges for?  Decorations for their tents?  ::)
[/quote]
Hey the Indigo Orb is a Lamp in TRPG2 From Gelf, Who knows, Lqts...