News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Vampire like attacks in the game!!!!!

Started by fallenangelvlad, July 23, 2010, 04:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 23, 2010, 07:28:40 PM
I don't think any topics should talk about "Vampire like attacks", since Twilight has made vampires so lame.
We can't let one stupid series ruin vampires! We can still have vampires who don't glitter, and aren't creeping little pricks! We need more vampires who rip out hearts, and go on a demented rage if they go without blood!
But I still don't think that vampires would work with this game
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Barzul

Besides, the shadowlings have plenty of vampiric qualities (feeding off of humans, aversion to sunlight, creation of human slaves, immense power, etc.) that make creating an enitre additional species that is so alike and so outside of the Telepath universe completely superfluous.

So Twilight doesn't need to be entered into this topic at all and we can go back to attacks. And aren't two completed attacks (feedback and vengeance) and one formulated attack (Vendetta) that feeds off the energies of others enough? Even Luca has such an attack, in the form of Soul Suck.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Barzul on July 23, 2010, 08:55:30 PM
Besides, the shadowlings have plenty of vampiric qualities (feeding off of humans, aversion to sunlight, creation of human slaves, immense power, etc.) that make creating an enitre additional species that is so alike and so outside of the Telepath universe completely superfluous.
That seems to be a bit of a stretch.  Feeding off negative emotions is much different then drinking human blood.  Outside your story, has there been any text to show shadowling aversion to sunlight?  Human are the creaters of human slaves; not vampires.  I will give you immense power.

Quote from: MikeW781 on July 23, 2010, 07:37:09 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on July 23, 2010, 07:28:40 PM
I don't think any topics should talk about "Vampire like attacks", since Twilight has made vampires so lame.
We can't let one stupid series ruin vampires!
I don't think vampire mythology can ever recover from Twilight.  Maybe Barzul is right and this is way off topic.

Duskling

True, it is off topic, but, really, after Twilight no-one even bothered making a normal vampire movie, because Twilight ruined it that thoroughly.

Barzul

Hm... I thought there was text in chapter 2, but all there is is the book at HQ, "It relieves you to know that shadowlings rarely venture aboveground..." so there is a reason, though not necessarily sunlight so my fault.

There have been hints around the story of shadowlings taking a step further and actually feeding on flesh (Main to Niven in the Academy storeroom: "Better than eating the students I suppose") As for the creation of slaves, I meant certain vampires could create mind slaves, albeit by a hypnotic stare instead of a bracelet so I'll drop that one too.

As for Twilight ruining the vampire, there have been scores of different versions of vampires. The first vampire to be in a literary work was Lord Ruthven in the Vampyre from 1819, who possessed: superhuman strength, shape-shifting, control of vermin and wolves, and was not hindered by sunlight or garlic in any way, if he was hurt during the day however, he would have to wait until night to heal. Even everyone's view of the original vampire, Dracula from 1897, was not destroyed in sunlight, he simply couldn't use his more powerful moves (including shape-shifting). Today's accepted vampire (garlic hating, destroyed by sunlight, burned by crosses, turning only into a bat, no control of vermin) is more based on Nosferatu, from 1921. Vampire powers have switched from generation to generation and will probably shift again sometime in the future.

Now for the mind attacks, is four across the team enough or would people like to see more energy draining moves?

KZ

Zem the Reaper has more or less "vampiric" attacks, but that has already been implemented by Craig, "fallenangelvlad". Buy and play TPA2 to find out Craig's interpretation thereof ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

fallenangelvlad

The telepath game is the best game ive played yet!!!!!!! :]

Duskling

Around $15 I think.

Update: I have confirmed that it costs $10.

Update: Little late, but it costs about $20.

Ertxiem

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

The Holy namelesskitty

Yay, only ten dollars mayI can comvince my parents to buy this for me :)
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Idozen Cair

God, Twilight really ruined the whole picture of a normal vampire.  >:( :( I HATE TWILIGHT!
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

No, it didn't. Vampires have Eastern European accents, are very pale, wear cloaks, have VERY long canine teeth, drink blood, enslave humans as minion vampires, turn into bats, and marry werewolves.

Only FAIRIES glitter, fly in a humanoid shape, and live in the woods. Twilight ruined our impression of FAIRIES. Now can we get back on topic... if there is one?