News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

exchange orbs between teammates

Started by mezzoforte, August 13, 2010, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mezzoforte

Would it be a good idea to allow Griffin or Set to borrow an orb?  They are Gifted too!

Zackirus

This is becoming more like an RPG (I'm talking about Cliché ones) I think that to balance everything out the Main should only have access to the orbs. I mean the game does end if he dies so what's the point of not making him stronger. Also what would Griffin do with Titan shield?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Only the most powerful psys are able to use the orbs.  That is why none of the teammates are able to use any orbs.

mezzoforte

What about Arman having the yellow orb when he's keep the guards busy???

SmartyPants

Arman isnt a powerful enough psy to use the yellow orb.

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 10:53:55 AM
Arman is a powerful enough psy to use the yellow orb.
I thought that Set, Griffin, and Rahel were all better Psys than him, and Malis may be a natural Psy, seeing as how Shadowlings may be Psys from birth (not confirmed at the moment).

SmartyPants

Thay was a type-o.  Only Heros are gifted enough to use orbs, while the teammates are not.

Duskling

Thanks for clearing that up, but how does power change the usability of the orbs? Was it ever proven? If it was, where was I?

Steelfist

I haven't heard anything hinting that power is a requirement, so yes; where was this mentioned?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on August 15, 2010, 06:19:45 PM
I haven't heard anything hinting that power is a requirement, so yes; where was this mentioned?
Craig mentioned it in the old forums.

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 16, 2010, 12:28:03 AM
Quote from: Steelfist on August 15, 2010, 06:19:45 PM
Craig mentioned it in the old forums.
A quote of that explanation would be helpful, if you don't mind, that is.

mezzoforte

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 10:53:55 AM
Arman isnt a powerful enough psy to use the yellow orb.

Wait, but he does!!!  If you play the last battle of the demo, his Psy points regenerate as if he had the Yellow orb.  It only works when the Main equipped the orb.  

Duskling is pretty sure that it was deliberately coded that way.  (I'm skeptical though...)

cyso

Well, certain characters just wouldn't make sense with certain orbs. For example, Set wouldn't hold the red orb (the orb that changes feedback into vengeance). Plus, like im2smart4u said, the other psy don't seem quite as powerful as the main and wouldn't be able to access the power of the orb.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

MikeW781

I think letting Arman have the yellow orb was solely for the purpose of allowing you to use leap often. Letting the teammates have orbs does not seem likely outside of solo battles.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 16, 2010, 07:02:05 PM
Wait, but he does!!!  If you play the last battle of the demo, his Psy points regenerate as if he had the Yellow orb.  It only works when the Main equipped the orb.  
Sounds like a Bug.