News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

How did you come up with your username?

Started by Duskling, August 15, 2010, 10:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastidian

Duskling

Theory confirmed, yours is one of the more original.

Ertxiem

Quote from: rainen on August 23, 2010, 11:25:19 PM
If you haven't already figured out the object of my obsession then I commend you on your obliviousness.  Now then, I origionally used the name Traharain for the main character in my book but due to it sounding completely weird and out of place I changed it to Rainen.  The reason I chose to stick with Rainen is because I like the rain and throught my book I constantly used the nickname Rain.  The spelling of Rainen changes depending on whether or not the username is taken though.  Here's a list of spelling's I'll use in order of trying them.
Raynen
Raiynen
Rainin
Raynin
By this point I almost always am good to go.  Also the pronunciation is Rie-nin in case you're wondering.
Your name sounds close to Raiden. If we go a bit further, we may even get to Raijin.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Steelfist

MikeW781

Mine is just the name i use for everything online. XBL, Bnet, AIM, ect
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 24, 2010, 08:17:40 AM
Quote from: rainen on August 23, 2010, 11:25:19 PM
If you haven't already figured out the object of my obsession then I commend you on your obliviousness.  Now then, I origionally used the name Traharain for the main character in my book but due to it sounding completely weird and out of place I changed it to Rainen.  The reason I chose to stick with Rainen is because I like the rain and throught my book I constantly used the nickname Rain.  The spelling of Rainen changes depending on whether or not the username is taken though.  Here's a list of spelling's I'll use in order of trying them.
Raynen
Raiynen
Rainin
Raynin
By this point I almost always am good to go.  Also the pronunciation is Rie-nin in case you're wondering.
Your name sounds close to Raiden. If we go a bit further, we may even get to Raijin.
main difference- Rainen uses fire, not lightning.  And yes, I was totally obsessed with MTK when it was still on the sega genesis. 
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Tastidian

Quote from: Duskling on August 24, 2010, 01:48:58 AM
Theory confirmed, yours is one of the more original.
Thanks for clarifying and your comment.

The Holy namelesskitty

I like cats too that influenced my decision.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Steelfist

And you changed it to 'holy' due to a chance remark by me.

Tastidian

Quote from: Steelfist on August 25, 2010, 08:03:34 PM
And you changed it to 'holy' due to a chance remark by me.
So technically you are a cat my friend and I am the black knight in a pink panzer. If you are wondering why I said black knight check the shield on my signature.

KZ

What about you, Ert? How did you make up your name?

(Methinks those who wanted, now know the humble origins of mine.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I was waiting for somebody to bless me with some theories about it. Even if it will be easy to find where my nick came from if you think a bit about it. Following on what KZ did, I will leave you thinking about it! :P
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Ah, I see! How very cunning of you!
Well, then to keep up with good tradition of people guessing the moderator's username origins, let's have a look here. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!