News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Who is this?

Started by MikeW781, August 19, 2010, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the new character?

Dead Leader of the Black Rose
10 (50%)
Duvalier's Father
0 (0%)
Ghost Bandit
0 (0%)
Tomb Raider
0 (0%)
Fizooz
0 (0%)
Priest of Yawah
0 (0%)
Random Ghost
2 (10%)
Yawah
0 (0%)
Ghost Boss of Crypt 3
0 (0%)
Darime
0 (0%)
Rajav
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Tastidian

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
Apart from the rose, I don't really see any connection to the order of the Black Rose. However, let's push the Darime idea- this rose can be a symbol for the romantic relationship between Rahel and Darime, and it was so important to him (the relationship) that he stayed behind for her. One can come up with many reasons as to why he didn't come back as yet (say, he forgot a lot of stuff, like the way back to Ravinale, and by the time he got there, the resistance changed its HQ). Not that I seriously believe in this theory, to be honest, but it can be a neat explanation.
I would change mine but dew to the fact that I can't well the rest explains itself.

Ertxiem

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 22, 2010, 06:13:48 PM
Poll Added. Be careful- I can't allow people to change their votes if I use the "Add A Poll" button. If you have a theory not listed, submit it in this thread or PM me, and I'll add it.
I think that I can check the box that allows people to change their votes, in case you're interested.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 03, 2010, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: MikeW781 on August 22, 2010, 06:13:48 PM
Poll Added. Be careful- I can't allow people to change their votes if I use the "Add A Poll" button. If you have a theory not listed, submit it in this thread or PM me, and I'll add it.
I think that I can check the box that allows people to change their votes, in case you're interested.
Yep, that's perfectly doable.

On topic- can anyone think of another explanation for the rose in the ghost's hand?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

Yes, adding a "Change Vote" option would be great. Please do, thank-you very much.

As for the rose, there is a chance that it is a random ghost who stayed behind for a lover and who's background will be new, Duvaliers dad (who is trying to win back his wife after an arguement over Yawah), the ex-lover of any single female character, or maybe the old leader of the black rose. As much as I dislike the idea, that does offer some proff, but I don't believe its enough.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

Quote from: MikeW781 on September 03, 2010, 05:18:36 PM
Yes, adding a "Change Vote" option would be great. Please do, thank-you very much.
Done!

Interesting- this does fit with the idea of that being Darime. But apart from killer and romantic associations, any other original suggestions? (Maybe he was a botanist, or a herbalist and used to work at the Psy Academy, selling Focus Pills to students, who knows?)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I tried to zoom in the face and I it seems that this ghost has a monocle in his right eye. I know that a monocle was used only by high class people, so perhaps he was somebody that Baz knew (or even in Baz's family).

Nevertheless, from the look on his face I would say that if he turns out to be the dead leader of the Black Rose it's quite fitting, even if the rose on his hand is the strongest argument in favour of it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 03, 2010, 07:59:03 PM
Nevertheless, from the look on his face I would say that if he turns out to be the dead leader of the Black Rose it's quite fitting, even if the rose on his hand is the strongest argument in favour of it.
He appears to be very sophisticated, while Al'al and Arman looked rugged.  The spirit doesn't look like the leader of a group of rugged assassins.

Tastidian

He probably doesn't look rugged because he is the leader. He probably only does the up most important missions.

KZ

I get the impression that this ghost comes from an aristocratic background- what with the pattern on the dress, the moustache, the rose. Does anyone else get the impression?
There is something refined about this man.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 07:11:17 AM
I get the impression that this ghost comes from an aristocratic background- what with the pattern on the dress, the moustache, the rose. Does anyone else get the impression?
There is something refined about this man.
That is impression I got which is why I don't think he is the leader of a group of rugged assassins.

MikeW781

Quote from: PinkPanzer on September 03, 2010, 11:06:03 PM
He probably doesn't look rugged because he is the leader. He probably only does the up most important missions.
I still disagree with the idea of being the black rose's ex-leader, but this is a valid point. The assassins don't need to look sophisticated, but the leader would need a good image to be taken seriously.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on September 04, 2010, 12:26:15 PM
Quote from: PinkPanzer on September 03, 2010, 11:06:03 PM
I still disagree with the idea of being the black rose's ex-leader, but this is a valid point. The assassins don't need to look sophisticated, but the leader would need a good image to be taken seriously.
In criminal organiztions, a person makes thier way up the ladder as a boss.  That means that the leader was a rugged assassin just like everyone else.

KZ

Indeed, not everyone has to be charming and all to head an organization- sometimes the "big guys" do look like the biggest and meanest thugs of the bunch.
If this ghost in his former life dabbed in things criminal, he'd be into blackmail or sophisticated/elegant scams, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!

Duskling

Just a thought here, but could it be Fife? Perhaps the Cult found out of his support of the Resistance, stormed his home, and killed him as a sacrifice, so he then comes back as a Spirit. Thoughts?

bugfartboy

That might be possible. That would mean that his paranoia ended out helping the Resistance. Hmm.