News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Boost Attack

Started by SmartyPants, August 20, 2010, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the better Boost attack?

Boost 1
9 (81.8%)
Boost A
1 (9.1%)
I can't decide between 1 & A
0 (0%)
I don't like the Boost attack
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

SmartyPants

Boost 1: Luca doesn't just supply Psy Points anymore. She now helps teammates focus to the point where they can store even more PsP.
Element: Mental
Range: 1 Space
Cost: Psy Power + Boost Level
Amount Transferred: (Psy Power + Boost Level)/2
Status Effects: Target's max PsP increases

Boost A:An alternative for Boost could be the ability to increase a target's Psy Power. This could increase the damage of attacks, the potency of shields, and the amount of stored PsP. This form of Boost is similar to Fury.  
Element: Mental
Range: 1 space
Cost: 6
Status Effect: Target's Psy Power increases by 1

Ertxiem

I prefer Boost 1.
I'm still unsure about the cost and the amount transferred. But I would leave it for now. I guess some testing would solve it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

Boost 1 makes more sense. It is an upgrade to transfer in the sense that Static Shield is an upgrade to Mind (or Mega) Shield
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

mezzoforte

I like Boost 1 too.  Good idea.

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that A uses too much psy points but it is true that the transfer should cost something I say cost=amount transterred + 1 or 2 I can't decide.
Level up = + 1 cost/ point transferrd
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

KZ

Boost A is the same as Rage, so I don't think there is any need to double up an attack in that respect. I don't mind "Boost 1"- it certainly can come in very handy and make Luca even more versatile, an almost perfect support unit (without usurping anyone else's role on the team).

Unless I'm much mistaken, this started off from the new attacks for teammates thread?
(I take it, a verification poll to decide folks preferences?)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on August 31, 2010, 07:34:41 AM
Boost A is the same as Rage, so I don't think there is any need to double up an attack in that respect. I don't mind "Boost 1"- it certainly can come in very handy and make Luca even more versatile, an almost perfect support unit (without usurping anyone else's role on the team).
FWI, the attack is Fury; not Rage.

KZ

Ah yes, Fury it is- it's been a while since I played TRPG2.
In any case, seems like 100% of votes for Boost 1.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

the amusing thing is that rage is actually the name of an attack that i created in the apocalyptic thread that raises psy power.  The differences is that my rage is slightly more complex and has repercussions.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Ertxiem

Quote from: KZ on August 31, 2010, 07:34:41 AM
Unless I'm much mistaken, this started off from the new attacks for teammates thread?
(I take it, a verification poll to decide folks preferences?)
Yup. Both versions of the attack were suggested in that thread and a pool was created here by im2smart4u to get the general opinion about it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

As I thought. Oh well, the Boost attack version has been selected, and it's under discussion whether or not it shall be formulated in the new attacks for teammates thread. Thus, so that it doesn't go off-topic, as it was about to, thread locked.
Welcome to the forums!