News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

new site (group project)

Started by Xemadus Echina, August 29, 2010, 10:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Quote from: rainen on August 30, 2010, 10:11:30 PM
As far as invitation goes my thoughts are that if a person has been on the site for around a month, has a record of making meaningful posts, and is involved in the community, they should be given the link and allowed access to the site.
Quote from: rainen on August 31, 2010, 09:46:52 AM
bug, dusk, nameless, kz, ert, craig, steel, panzer.  The link is in your PM.  If you want to edit the site then just send me a pm back and i'll send you the username and password.
I did recive an invite, but am mildly offended at not being included in said list
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

oops.  I guess your name slipped through the synapses.  I'll add you into the main list in the first post right now.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

Its fine. Mostly just me being petty.

bugfartboy

Is there a way to get to the site without needing to log in? I didn't get the link persay but I got the email.

The Holy namelesskitty

we should invite algebra, he's not a newbie, his computer just got fried and he made a new account
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

MikeW781

sure. he contributes, which is more important than post count anyways

SmartyPants

I am just going to stay on the forums, because I am okay with hearing new people's ideas.

MikeW781

I agree, that is something this site is missing. I'll see if it gets anywhere, and hopes that Craig finally provides a specific list of bugs to tackle.

Duskling

Hmm... maybe Craig could post beta versions of future Telepath games on that site, so, not a beta version, more like an alpha version, or closed beta, so we're more of an elite team of testers. I believe I may have heard rainen mention something like it, but, just to make sure the idea is heard. :)

bugfartboy

HURRAY FOR THE POSSIBLY-SOON-TO-EXIST ALPHA TESTERS!!!!! :P :)

Duskling

Quote from: bugfartboy on September 02, 2010, 07:26:29 PM
HURRAY FOR THE POSSIBLY-SOON-TO-EXIST ALPHA TESTERS!!!!! :P :)
Well, any more feedback, I'd love to hear it (as long as it's constructive :)).

Xemadus Echina

yea that was one of the usages i had about the site.  When the game is in closed alpha or the inevitable closed beta for his pay to play games, we could still be around to test his games on the private site so those stages go faster.  (I'm assuming that only the mods on the site and possibly only KZ did testing during closed beta.)  From my perception, it would make the game progress much faster since the inevitable bug hunting can be done by multiple people instead of just a few.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

It was discussed that you deserved to be invited, but i guess we all thought somebody else would do it. ill PM you the link

okay then, not sure where the part where he asked about getting invited, but whatever

somebody needs to clean up the main chatbox, it got spammed by some troll. also, we need to figure out who got the adress for the site, as whoever did it needs to be prevented from doing it again

Did somebody try to fix the chatbox issue? I checked today out of curiosity, and it just opened spam pop up windows without showing any chat had every taken place.

Duskling

I have fairly good reason to believe that it was pruneman who spammed the chatbox with those insults.

namelesskitty was one of the VIPs, thus he/she had the link. However, he/she might have left him/herself logged in, and anyone who shares the computer with him/her would have access to his/her account, including the link in the messages.
Quote from: prunemanGhana: 5-
East Timor: 112+
Turkmenistan: 7
Tonga: 10
Qatar: 29
USA: 77

peter you idiot get rid of ghana

i am namelesskittys little brother by the way
I found that here after some digging and remembering, so I think that pruneman could be associated with, or responsible for, the spamming in the chatbox, whether or not he deserves a ban is up to Craig and Craig only at the moment.

MikeW781

I don't think Craig would ban a user for potentially harassing others on a different site. Anybody with acess could have done it, and because there is no way to get caught for it, we'll just have to hope it stops. On the other hand, if pruny admits to it here, we can ask Craig to ban him for that.