News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TPA2 hints.

Started by Frosty, February 13, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frosty

It is impossible to make a walkthrough for TPA2, because there is no storyline to talk about, but hints are available:
1: Don't redo arena battles, go to the trainer and ask for a battle.
2: You dont have to do the challenges, but it is strongly recommended.
3: Think of everything that can happen when you make a move.
4: Get a healer no matter what, they're a must have.
5: Always have at least one swordsman, they can handle themselves on the front lines.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Kaseke

I played throught the game demo (the longer one before CraigStern shortened it to what it is now) without a healer on normal difficulty. I don't think they are must have or anything. I lost only 2 of my units in the whole thing. People use different tactics, so for some a healer MAY be a must have. Even if I didn't need one
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

KZ

All I can say is that the game is quite beatable with quite a number of different combinations, including a team made up of same unit type or of all 8 different units (exception would be one or two challenges that have a boss immune to physical attacks). For instance, instead of having a healer, having 4 Psy Fighters specializing in 4 different elemental attacks with Vengeance will make 4 quite all-round self-supporting units. Then again, having a  mostly Shadowling/Spriggat team might have its disadvanatge of having restriced elemental attacks against enemies with resistance to them, so some maps will be much harder than others (same goes for mostly-ghost maps agains melee teammates).
Another point to make is that no matter what, try not to lose any units: it's not worth losing one after training it hard, then buying a new one- the gold investment is too high, especially towards the latter stages of the torunament.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

Sure healers aren't a must-have, but I bet your two teamates wouldn't have died if you had one.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

torugo

rule number one never play without health support
mock the pheonix you will burn

Xemadus Echina

rule number two,  cheaters always win! (do the cheats work in the full game?)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zhampir

Rule 3
Know thy enemy. Think ahead.

Steel Ersatz Man

I just had a team of assasain's (on easy) and two shadowlings (guardian and fighter) and I completed the game with very few casualties (until the battle with Zem The Reaper)
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

torugo

Quote from: rainen on April 15, 2010, 03:38:58 PM
rule number two,  cheaters always win! (do the cheats work in the full game?)
you seriously dont use strategy if you have to cheat

torugo

is it possible to beat zem withought anyone being killed. i have every single teammate over level 27 and yet he always gets someone no matter what strategy i try

KZ

It is very much possible to beat Zem the Reaper without anyone dying. Effectively you'll have to get rid of his minions first whilst staiyng out of his way (try going up the right flank and the left flank to lure our the Greater Ghosts). After that tackle the Tig and the White Cape. Finally, try to  surround Zem from 4 sides and have a healer on stand-by who can give back about 40 health. This should do the trick. (Having an assassin dealing circa 80 backstab can be useful too.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Frosty on February 13, 2010, 07:43:21 PM
It is impossible to make a walkthrough for TPA2, because there is no storyline to talk about, but hints are available:
1: Don't redo arena battles, go to the trainer and ask for a battle.
2: You dont have to do the challenges, but it is strongly recommended.

Why? I always redid the arena battles.  Also, some of the challenges unlock orbs (I'm not sure if any of them are useful as the wiki is apparently off.)

Also: W00T! KZ's back!
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

Well, Bromtaghon, the first one relates to the fact that you get less and less cash for each consecutive completion of an arena battle- so it's better value to go to the trainer, the second one is useful because all of them unlock orbs and also (eg league 5 ned battle) allow you to tackle unique enemies!

I'm also glad to be back ;)
Welcome to the forums!

Bromtaghon

Meh, I just like replaying The Phantom Menace due to my extreme narcissism...

I repost Rainen's question.
Quote from: rainen on April 15, 2010, 03:38:58 PM
rule number two,  cheaters always win! (do the cheats work in the full game?)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

HeadShot

It is best to always have A Spearman With BOTH Throw and Impale.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....