News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Members going rogue

Started by Xemadus Echina, August 31, 2010, 10:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastidian

She may not need no brainwash playing with a vulnerable heart is cold but highly affective.

bugfartboy

It wouldn't be brainwashing. It would be a cruel mind trick.

Ertxiem

Quite a good analysis of the team so far, Zhampir. I was thinking the same about everyone, except that I don't think Rahel is that vulnerable from her ex side. However, we're yet to see what the Rubat clan has to offer. Perhaps they're attacked by the Cult and some of members of Rahel's family are captured.

Another possible weak spot on the team may be the Spearman. What if he's a spy from the Cult? (We don't know anything about him, so we may speculate freely! :) )
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Tastidian

I believe if the cult actually know where they where I think they would rather burn the place down than send a spy over. Also I still believe that its Rahel's old boyfriend not her family in Rubat but that is a good suggestion/possibility.

Zhampir

The ex-guard being a spy seems to obvious to me... but then again, I love complexity and making unexpected but supported connections.
Can somebody post here or message me a compilation of what is speculated on the new allies?

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on August 31, 2010, 11:04:28 AM
Obviously, the most suspicious is Arman, but many people think that that is just a red herring.
Arman joined the Resistance as a form of redemption, so I don't see him being a traitor.

Quote from: Zhampir on September 06, 2010, 09:50:29 PM
Arman is loyal. Extremely. It's Rahel ye should keep your eye upon. Women are not to be trusted. She's emotional, weakened by the death of her recent love, headstrong and feels she knows what's right. If the main plays it carefully she shall become very loyal, but one wrong move could turn her against the entire organization. Also, if she's captured by the enemy, with that much emotional trauma she keeps inside of her she could be easily persuaded to "turn towards the light"
Rahel is too smart and strong willed to be easily persuaded.  Also, she is the longest standing member. If she wanted to ruin the resistance, then she would have took the leadership postion when she had a chance to.

bugfartboy

Maybe it's not one of your teammates who betrays you. What it your mother is SO convinced that Yawah is a god and that you and everyone else are sinners and sneaks out and leads the Cult to you?

Ertxiem

That would make sense, since Duvalier's mother seems to have been brainwashed. But then again, it seems that Duvalier and the rest should notice that and take extra care.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Unless she is excellent at keeping obfuscating and plotting to give the sinners to the Cultists.

Tastidian

His mother isn't totally brainwashed but most likely experimenting.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: rainen on September 07, 2010, 05:19:38 PM
heres an idea to work in the rahel going rogue bit.  it requires a new attack though.

Rahel learns fury.  This coupled with her already tender emotions cause her to go crazy.  A little push from a cultist sends her bearing down on Griffin looking for blood.  The main steps in and sees griffin on the floor with an arrow lodged in his armor and  then he finds rahel crying.  he goes up to talk to her but she looses it and attacks him.  in the fight she has her stats +5 as well as all her normal attacks.
If there's only Rahel as your enemy then the battle would be easy. Just pin her down with melee units.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Unless she grabs a knife in her rampage that is. Them she would have two new attacks for that battle.