News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Incident

Started by Duskling, September 05, 2010, 12:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Believe it or not, this is another RP story, but it's more of a miniature RP, as it isn't about an entire world. Warning: The contents of this story may be overly cliche for most people.

[spoiler=Prologue]
Prologue
In April, 2004, a top secret underground military installation in Ukraine has suddenly gone quiet and lost contact. The last decipherable message from the compound was from the head scientist, Dr. Sergey Ivanovich Virkov, on March 23rd, 2004, stating that everything was either going well or mostly well before the messages turned to crazed mumblings of an unknown scientist who seemed to have thought that the communications center was a journal log, shortly before contact was lost altogether. Two weeks later a group of international special forces soldiers would be dispatched to investigate after a team of soldiers didn't report back after being sent inside the complex. The Ukrainian government is planning to destroy the facility if the other team of soldiers doesn't return, as to not allow any evidence of the experiments that were brewing inside to the public in any way, as they fear the effect of this getting out into the public would cause a problem for the government far greater than the Chernobyl project ever did.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]1. Do not use offensive language unless in dialogue, but try to keep even that at a minimum.
2. Do not try to offend anyone's country or any country in general.
3. While the other RPs were against character control, this one is a bit different, since we are working as a team most of the time, so tactics, battles, and some conversations (as long as they portrait the other team members accurately) can have character control.
4. No team members get killed unless they agree to it (this would be part of character control, but this should be stressed).
5. Have correct grammar (at least understandable will do).
6. Make sense when you write, as in, don't spoil dramatic or eerie sequences by making a monster or something jump out of nowhere, unless that's what the moment is about.[/spoiler]

Alright, anyone who wants to have a crack at this, send me a PM with the character form below filled out.

[spoiler=Character Form]Name:
Codename (optional):
Appearance:
Nationality:
Previous Special Forces Experience (S.A.S., Spetsnaz, Green Berets, etc.):
Personality:
Skills:
Equipment:[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Characters][spoiler=Duskling]Name: Alexander (Sasha) Volkov
Codename: Tiger

Appearance: Average Height, Blue-Grey eyes, Ash-Black hair

Nationality: Russian

Previous Experience: 7 years with the Spetsnaz

Personality: Brutally honest with criticism, very precise with his words and his shots.

Skills: Advanced vision and hearing, lock-picking, and above-average reflexes.

Equipment: Main Weapon: Scoped AK-74 with 10 clips, 30 5.45x39mm rounds per clip, modified to use many ammunition types, Secondary Weapon: Dual
Skorpion vz. 61 Es with 10 clips each, 20 .32 ACP rounds per clip, also modified, Comlink, 7 F1 Grenades, Claymore Mines, Ballistic Knife, Flashlight, and a portable PDA (for listing objectives).
[/spoiler][spoiler=Zackirus]Name: William Poter

Codename: Darkness

Nationality: Canadian

Previous Special Forces Experience: CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service)

Personality: Often remains quiet, only talks when he believes it is necessary, and when he does usually in short 1-3 words

Apperance: He is around 26 years old but he has been training as a CSIS member since he was 14. He has blondish grey hair and electric blue eyes.

Skills: Sniping, Hacking/Electronics, Moving Silently, Increased Precision

Equipment: M93 Black Arrow with Optical Slight (x8 Magnification with the division up to 1,800 m), Mark XIX Desert Eagle (x2) with Laser Dot Sights,
Portable Military PDA with Hack Device[/spoiler][spoiler=Namelesskitty]Name: Cassiopia

Codename: Klael

Previous exp/training: ASIS trained especially in the art of sabotage and the use of poisions.

Skills: can do anything with poision as well as work out mechanisims in seconds

Equipment: three dart guns and various other toxins, a welding torch, desert eagle.

Personality: irritable to say the least, but tolerent until the point where she breaks everyone's necks.

Appearence: she is about 23 with shoulder length brown hair, she stands 5'7'' and is of middle eastern descent.[/spoiler][spoiler=Duckling]Nikolai Djarim

Codename: Tesla

Nationality: Georgia, Russian Birth

Previous Special Forces/Military Service: GSADF; Georgian Special Air Defense Forces

Personality: Quiet, stares off into space a lot, but during duty is fully there and attentive; has a strong sense of justice and rightness, possibly strong enough to be used for comic effect. Talks and opens up around friends.

Appearance: 23 yrs old, dirty blond wavy hair, medium height, and just muscular enough to get through basic training.

Skills: Piloting, Guided Missile systems, Gun support (artillery, tanks, gunships), and throwing knives (almost as good as Niven). And poisons.

Equipment: Throwing knives x 5, poison kit (for on the knives), Uzi with silencer. And whatever airship the government gives him.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Hopefully this will have some more visitors at some point. :)

Steelfist

Perhaps the soldiers should have a codename, rather than a name.

Duskling

Zackirus

My Character

Name: William Poter
Codename: Darkness
Nationality: Canadian
Previous Special Forces Experience: CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service)
Personality: Often remains quiet, only talks when he believes it is necessary, and when he does usually in short 1-3 words
Apperance: He is around 26 years old but he has been training as a CSIS member since he was 14. He has blondish grey hair and electric blue eyes.
Skills: Sniping, Hacking/Electronics, Moving Silently, Increased Precision
Equipment: M93 Black Arrow with Optical Slight (x8 Magnification with the division up to 1,800 m), Mark XIX Desert Eagle (x2) with Laser Dot Sights, Portable Military PDA with Hack Device

OOC: Also, Where are we going to start, we will each us get recruited or will we start in the base preparing to go on our mission.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

Suggestion: why don't you keep a record of characters on the first post since you asked for PMs.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

Zack: We are going to start two weeks before the incident, just back from our latest mission, getting ready for something that the Ukrainian government told us is top secret and to prepare for the mission, since some other soldiers didn't come back. During that period of time, we will be training harder than usual, since we know that top secret government missions are much tougher than regular missions, and we might get some new members on the team, in case anyone else wants to join when we start the story.

Namelesskitty: Alright, I will include the character list, give me a second.

Update: Character list added, sorry for the wait, it takes a while.

The Holy namelesskitty

Qhy don't you kick this off duskling, then others will join but we can start off now

Duskling

I can't, we need at least four people to start this off, at least one person to talk to during training for each person, even if Zack's character doesn't talk much.

The Holy namelesskitty

I'll try to draw people in.

But rxactly why do we need four?

Duskling

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 09:59:15 PM
I'll try to draw people in.

But rxactly why do we need four?
Please read the comment above yours, but in case you don't get it, we have to converse with each other, such as what do we think about the mission, what is it about, why is it so secret, and how will it turn out. Things like that.

The Holy namelesskitty

Yes but why do we need four for that?

Duskling

For individual conversation, as in there is Person1, Person2, Person3, and Person4. I want it to be so that Person1 could talk to Person2 while Person3 is talking to Person4, not an entire group dialogue.

The Holy namelesskitty

Ahhh that makes sense, I wasn't opposed to the idea, just wondering why.

ArtDrake

I'll join:

Nikolai Djarim
Codename: Tesla
Nationality: Georgia, Russian Birth (excuse me if I get stuff wrong about the region
Previous Special Forces/Military Service: GSADF; Georgian Special Air Defense Forces
Personality: Quiet, stares off into space a lot, but during duty is fully there and attentive; has a strong sense of justice and rightness, possibly strong enough to be used for comic effect. Talks and opens up around friends.
Appearance: 23 yrs old, dirty blond wavy hair, medium height, and just muscular enough to get through basic training.
Skills: Piloting, Guided Missile systems, Gun support (artillery, tanks, gunships), and throwing knives (almost as good as Niven). And poisons.
Equipment: Throwing knives x 5, poison kit (for on the knives), Uzi with silencer. And whatever airship the government gives him.

The Holy namelesskitty

I'm changing my codename to klael before we pfficially start, hootsy, now we have four players and can stem from there.