News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

remaking attacks

Started by Xemadus Echina, September 11, 2010, 01:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which attack do you want to see remade?

pyro hail
3 (33.3%)
dark vortex/light blast
2 (22.2%)
elemental blasts
2 (22.2%)
area effect shields
0 (0%)
i don't like your ideas at all
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Xemadus Echina

Alright so i was reading through a few random posts and a thought came to my mind.  With the new AI and everything being updated, why not update the attacks and make them a little more realistic?  Also another thing i thought is that while nearly everything in the battle phase is based on a diamond shape (that includes plus shape btw) shields, dark vortex and light blast are based on square shapes.  Also, with elemental blasts they magically pass right through enemies that are right in front of the hero.  Also, Pyro hail is just a flurry of pyro blasts so why not add more blasts the stronger it gets or make the level of pyro blast effect pyro hail?  So this leads me to the question portion of this poll.

Should pyro hail have more blasts in the animation depending on it's level (aesthetics) and or deal bonus damage depending on pyro blast's level?
should dark vortex and light blast deal damage in a diamond shape pattern (like a range 2 cyrocross)?
should the elemental blasts be given an arc shape animation (aesthetics) or do piercing damage?
should the area effect shields be given the same diamond shape as cyrocross?

Comments? Concerns?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Tastidian

I agree with all of those but what about other physics like knock back affect. Oh I know how about stuff like rapid shot or levitation so no physical attacks will affect you. Of course the usual high priced moved in gold and psy.

bugfartboy

Pyro hail should be redone so that people don't chooses Dark Vortex just because it had a better range. Maybe it's epicenter should be range 3. What do you think?

Ertxiem

I believe that now pyro hail deals more damage and costs less PsP than dark vortex, but I may be wrong...

When you talk about remaking an attack are you talking about the animation, the area affected or both?

I think that the area affected is fine as it is. If possible, I would like to see the possibility of dealing more damage in the centre of the attack than on the edges.

About the animation, perhaps it would be nice to see a small arc on the ranged attacks (elemental blasts and shooting arrows), or the projectile increasing size and then decreasing size (since we're looking top-down).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

The Holy namelesskitty

I want the fire affinity to be beefed up, it's that simple.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

MikeW781

None of them should be added to the poll, because I believe the attacks are fine.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

theres two basic categories for changing attacks, aesthetics and effect.  I've made mentions of having damage in the epicenter of attacks deal more then around the edges, the edges doing more then the corners, but Craig denied it. (coding issues)  I definately agree that all the ranged attacks should give the appearance of an arc shape (how else would it leave the person in front of you alive yet instantly kill the person behind him?)  I definately remember hearing that pyro hail costs less and does more damage then the other area attacks.  If i remember correctly light blast costs the most psp(the closest block that is effected is still farther then the elemental blast.  the epicenter is range 4)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.