News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Living Knight?

Started by SmartyPants, September 10, 2010, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would be more dangerous?

Knight
Ghost Knight

Zackirus

Guys.... let's not do anything rash.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Sorry. I would like to see a living knight, but it's not nesseary. Adding the knight would give us a reference to what the ghost knight can and can't do.

Tastidian

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 11, 2010, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: PinkPanzer on September 11, 2010, 02:02:00 PMBut ghost knights have more health because its hard to damage something that isn't there.
If you compare spirit enemies to living enemies, then you will notice that the living have more health then their dead counterparts.  Of course spirits make up for their lower health with physical resistance.
Thanks for the correction that is what I meant by its hard to damage some thing that isn't there therefore psy powers is best.

SmartyPants

The Ghost Knight are more dangerous, because most characters use physical attacks which makes the Ghost's physical resistance more dangerous, then a living Knight's slightly higher health.  Plus, Ghost Knights can float.

bugfartboy

But hey are slow. Am I the only one who remembers the 10 Ghost Knight battle in TPA1?

SmartyPants

Quote from:  ______ on September 12, 2010, 08:23:17 PM
But hey are slow. Am I the only one who remembers the 10 Ghost Knight battle in TPA1?
Living Knights would be just as slow.  Have you every seen anyone run in knight armor?  The answer is no, because it isn't possible.

I was reading the results of the old forum and found them to be much diffrent.

Quote from: KZGood question on the origin of Ghost knights- they certainly come from nobility, possibly from some other city in Cera Bella? After all, the events that are taking place only deal with a handful of many other settlements.

As for who's stronger, I'd still go with the Ghost Knight since that's one very heavily armored unit, and a living Knight will also belong to the category of heavyily armord units, thus their speed will probably be the same as that of theri repsective ghosts- thus the physical resistance and the fact that you can only temporarily dissipate a ghost make them a more dangerous enemy to have- the Ghost Knight can retrun, and can sustain more damage along the way.

Tastidian

To be honest I think the living might walk 1 unit faster. The man does still have existing legs so its easier. Unlike floating.

The Holy namelesskitty

I don't know, floating would be pretty easy for a ghost, and since they can do it just like walking for living people, and their legs can't get tired from carrying all that heavy armor, one could even argue the opposite.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: PinkPanzer on September 18, 2010, 01:56:58 AM
To be honest I think the living might walk 1 unit faster. The man does still have existing legs so its easier. Unlike floating.
I bet that mental armor would be so heavier then spirit armor.  The heavier armor would force the Knight to walk at Golem speeds.

Zackirus

Since the ghost knight has already been introduced into the game, we will have it stick with it's stats. I personally believe a living knight would be faster (for the sake of running and the unit itself has to be different. However, I don't think that the real knight would have an attack power that high and it might have just a bit more (15) HP it complement it being a living thing. For obvious reasons it wouldn't have physical resistance.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Living Knight Advantages
*Living Knight would have slightly more health then the Ghost Knight, because the living always seem to have more health then spirits.
*Living Knight would also have more attack power because a solid axe would hurt more then a spirit axe.

Ghost Knight Advantages
*Ghost Knights take half the damage from physical attacks due to their physical resistance.
*Being spirits, Ghost Knights can float over water, lava, bolders, pits, and much more to increase their mobility.

Ties
*Because they're both Knights with heavy armor, the slow-moving juggernauts would have the same speed.

ArtDrake

Sorry: I'd like to make a comment on the Knights.

What if they're from the Dundar Empire?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 18, 2010, 11:27:02 AM
Sorry: I'd like to make a comment on the Knights.

What if they're from the Dundar Empire?
Why are you apologizing?  What is the Dundar Empire?

ArtDrake

Pay closer attention to TRPG1.

Zackirus

Can you tell us what the Dundar Empire is then?

- Lord Canada