News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Stocks

Started by ArtDrake, September 17, 2010, 10:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

283 hundred, actually.

bugfartboy

And that's a good thing, right?

Duskling

28,300, or is it 2,830? Either way, TAKE DA MONIES!!! :D

ArtDrake

Again, I want to hold out for more. This isn't bragging, is it? I certainly hope not.

Because even with a 200% return on your investment in 3 yrs, you lose 45% to long-term capital gains, and it goes down to 155% gain. Then, it would have to go back down by 45% so I could reinvest at the selling rate, and only then would I break even.

Duskling

Alright, hold out for another week, and if it goes higher by at least $300 dollars, take the money and never look back.

bugfartboy

Eh. I don't get the stock market.

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy the Supreme on September 21, 2010, 09:33:43 PM
Eh. I don't get the stock market.
Neither do I, I'm just making some suggestions based on what I do know.

bugfartboy

I know that numbers mean a lot to some people and I guess that the higher in the positive that number is, the more money the "have"

The Holy namelesskitty

no, the higher the value of a share is from when they purchased it the more money they have, if it goes down but is still worth $142 (just as an example) you have lost money, you sell high, and buy low, unfortunately, many people are in fact doing the opposite instead of just holding on and trying to weather the recession through and not sell until the price is back up. when there is fear in the market be greedy, but when there is greed in the market be fearful.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Exactly. And now it's at 287, and I made $400 last night. Seriously, ask your parents, or, if there are emancipated minors, or adults on the forums, owning Apple stock would be a good idea. But seriously, I'm not advertising apple. I'm just saying; if you buy now, you may or may not become rich later.

bugfartboy

ArtDrake

It's like religion; invest your Sunday afternoons, and you'll be awesome once you die.

bugfartboy

But I invest more than just my Sundays. I invest my Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturday.

ArtDrake

Then you're extra cool in the afterlife you so readily believe in. I however, think that if there is a God, he's cool, too, and would be ok if I went to church once, repented for sins, and never sinned again.

Duskling

Quote from: Duckling on September 22, 2010, 07:15:09 PM
I however, think that if there is a God, he's cool, too, and would be ok if I went to church once, repented for sins, and never sinned again.
Indeed, nobody's perfect, and, if there was a God, he'd probably know it, so he'd be okay with you just being a believer, as in, avoid sinning, and go to church on Sundays at least.

Back on topic, if you've gotten $400 in one day, try holding out for two weeks, the moment it drops even one dollar, you take it and never look back.