News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Post your theological argument here.

Started by The Holy namelesskitty, September 18, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Now, just as a warning to you guys, the probable response to that IS... Coming to you in a PM. :D

Steelfist

The prophecies, ah, yes. I wondered when we would come to that.

You mentioned a few of them that came true, though only if you interpret them in a certain way (I tend to find moderately vague prophecies - like that - can usually be twisted to fit events that have occured). You did not mention the prophecies, promises and plain facts present in the bible which are NOT TRUE or have NOT COME TRUE. Yes, a few rather loosely worded prophecies came true, if you choose to look at them in a certain
light. Many have not, but probably will AT SOME POINT!

I say 'A new empire shall rise, and have dominion over the earth. They shall cast down the symbols of all gods, and forge a future for themselves.'

This, unless we destroy ourselves or god is real, will almost certainly come true. If we destroy ourselves, no-one will be any the wiser. If god is real, I shall be very contrite about this. Otherwise, it's damn near certain to happen, eventually. In the mean time it 'Hasn't happened yet'.

I wonder if I'll be hailed as a prophet in a thousand years if I publish that as a prophesy . . .

bugfartboy

Dean_Lukas

A professor I had argued that the majority of the prophecies were written after the events they were predicting had already occurred. I don't have the dates he used with me, and I'm not going to state my own opinion, but something to think about: authorship and timeline.
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Steelfist

Quote from: Deagonx on March 01, 2011, 03:28:45 PM
Was that last line a crack at my age?

Just noticed this. No, it was an insult to your intelligence.

The funniest thing? You didn't understand it, providing me evidence to support it's truth. Nonetheless, while a clever statement, I shouldn't have used it, and apologise.

Deagonx

So steelfist, in saying that it was an insult to my intelligence, you therefore believe wisdom comes purely of age?
Now that, that is stupid.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 02, 2011, 06:57:12 PM
So steelfist, in saying that it was an insult to my intelligence, you therefore believe wisdom comes purely of age?
How did he even imply that?

Deagonx

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 02, 2011, 09:29:39 PM
"like a small child"
Alright, have you ever heard about any child above the age of 5 that had the so called "Wisdom" of a 20 year old? Of course, you can stay naive your entire life, but, most of the time, when referring to small children, we mean naive, because, most of the time, children are not very... "Wise."

Deagonx

Nonetheless, wisdom doesn't come from age.

And him insulting my level of intelligence doesn't prove his incorrect point any more.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 03:32:50 PM
And him insulting my level of intelligence doesn't prove his incorrect point any more.
And that point would be...?

Deagonx

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 04:30:12 PM
Atheism....

Laugh out Loud?
That "incorrect point" has more support on this thread than your "fact" partially because,

1) We (The side against religion) give logical points,

2) We don't say things like,
Quote from: Deagonx on February 27, 2011, 08:06:03 PM
The fact that he exists. :)
In "atheist form,"

and 3) We can actually give a point without making other people get so angry that they are willing to break the rules and get banned just to tell us off.

While I admit most of this seems like it is "targeted" at Deagonx, it's just that, even with my relatively peaceful nature, Deagonx, you anger me to the core with your comments. I don't want to post anything in blind rage and get banned for it. I will say nothing more on this particular matter in hopes that you will understand why I posted this.

Deagonx

I understand it angers you.
Reason being it challenges your mindset.
Call someone who thinks they are pretty ugly, they will get upset.
Call someone who thinks they ugly pretty. They will get upset, not neccesarily mad, but it will upset them.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on March 03, 2011, 04:46:18 PM
I understand it angers you.
Reason being it challenges your mindset.
Call someone who thinks they are pretty ugly, they will get upset.
Call someone who thinks they ugly pretty. They will get upset, not neccesarily mad, but it will upset them.
It does not challenge my mindset, your comments are angering me because you (As in, you, Deagonx in particular) say things out of faith, which is understandable, but offer nothing yourself to back it up, only comments like
Quote from: Deagonx on February 27, 2011, 08:06:03 PM
The fact that he exists. :)
or
Quote from: Deagonx on February 27, 2011, 08:10:07 PM
No, I didn't. What makes him more real than the other deities in other religions? It's simple. The christian god isn't false.
or
Quote from: Deagonx on March 01, 2011, 07:50:23 PM
Thats too bad duskling. Because God is the real one.
With no evidence of any kind to back it up. I wager that if cyso did not go to this forum, we'd have won this debate, or you'd give up, calling us "blind to the way of God" and say that you don't want to waste your time here. I mean, cyso is the only one who has offered any kind of evidence to us, and he still didn't insist it in such a childish way that you did.