News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Spriggat Assassins?

Started by SmartyPants, February 24, 2010, 08:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What organiztion would you hire to get rid of a threat?

Assassin's Cult
Order of the Black Rose

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on April 02, 2010, 09:06:53 PMthey aren't too fast, and were mainly deployed as tank units in TRGP2
In TPA2, the Spriggat classes move faster then all non-assassin humans and moves as fast as non-assassin shadowlings.  This means that if a Spriggat was trained in speed by the Assassins Cult, then it could move as fast as any shadowling Psy Assassin.

MikeW781

Quote from: Zhampir on April 02, 2010, 09:49:24 PM
Rarely? how so? things colored red breath fire, white- freeze, and black- shadow. The game is rather obvious on this point.
Thats not what I meant. I'm pretty good at my colors. However, I meant that they never consider affinity/weakness out loud, or seem to at all. Like "Wow Anya. I'm so glad you're on my side. Your light resistance will help." or "Come with us Grotius. We need a cold-based fighter"

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 02, 2010, 10:46:18 PM
Quote from: mikew781 on April 02, 2010, 09:06:53 PMthey aren't too fast, and were mainly deployed as tank units in TRGP2
In TPA2, the Spriggat classes move faster then all non-assassin humans and moves as fast as non-assassin shadowlings.  This means that if a Spriggat was trained in speed by the Assassins Cult, then it could move as fast as any shadowling Psy Assassin.
Hmmmm, I never played TPA2 much, but IMHO I think that TRGP2 would be more accurate, as, despite being less recent, it had to have a plot that made sense. Whereas Telepath Arena 2 had no plot, but was a game solely based around battles.
btw, how do I have multiple quotes in one post?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Mopman

but i dont quite mean resitances. I mean, say that there is this really powerful psy who would kill you in one hit, even after being shot with multiple shadow blasts. answer- freeze him a.k.a. cyro, thus they would need a frost spriggat. Say they want to set fire to a building with assasins waiting to take out the survivors. you would need a red spriggat.
Die swiffers! You'll get it for messin with my woman!

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on April 02, 2010, 09:06:53 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 02, 2010, 10:46:18 PM
Hmmmm, I never played TPA2 much, but IMHO I think that TRGP2 would be more accurate, as, despite being less recent, it had to have a plot that made sense. Whereas Telepath Arena 2 had no plot, but was a game solely based around battles.
Spriggats are naturally faster than humans.

TPA1 has no plot or story, while TPA2 has some story and plot.  The story is about how the Hero needs money for unknown reasons and he will get that money by winning the Grand Tournament.  Between Leagues, the Hero chats with his/her subordinates which leads the player to learn about the Hero's reason for fighting.  The story comes to a climax with the battle against Zem the Reaper.

Frosty

Quote from: mikew781 on April 03, 2010, 07:53:47 AM
btw, how do I have multiple quotes in one post?
TRPG2 you get Grotius, who is faster than all humans on your team. Unless you have the green orb.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

MikeW781

Well, Grotius has a speed of 7, and all assassins have a speed of nine
but i guess i was wrong, I had only ever played TPA1, not 2, and apologize for any inacurate statements i may have made earlier
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on April 03, 2010, 12:02:55 PM
Well, Grotius has a speed of 7, and all assassins have a speed of nine
but i guess i was wrong, I had only ever played TPA1, not 2, and apologize for any inacurate statements i may have made earlier
Grotius also doesn't have assassin training, so it is reasonable that he doen't move as fast as Shadowling Psy Assassins.  With training from the Assassins Cult, Grotius could move as fast as Shadowboxer or Malis.

Zhampir

normal shadowlings that aren't assassins more at a speed of 9 (malis)

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on April 04, 2010, 03:46:30 AM
normal shadowlings that aren't assassins more at a speed of 9 (malis)
Malis is a Psy Assassin class with a speed of 7.  The non-assassin shadowling classes have a speed of 6 which is the same speed of non-assassin spriggats.