News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Two Academies

Started by Zackirus, October 15, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Frex held back the urge to smirk at Zack's shrewdness, and nodded in agreement. However, the Shadowling still looked a bit unconvinced.

However, he then turned to Zack and said, "I suppose you're right," keeping a close eye on both of them for any signs of deceit, "However," he went on, "If I find out that you are lying to me, you," he pointed to Zack, "Will be lucky if you are sent to a maximum security prison, and you," he pointed to Frex, "Well, first we'll have to run an investigation on you, but, if my gut feeling is correct, and you are who I think you are, you will be executed, slowly and painfully, most likely. You are free to go."

OOC: Sorry for controlling your character, Shadoroq, I just wanted to keep the story going. Hopefully I portrayed him correctly?

bugfartboy

Just as Zack left, a Shadowling popped their head in, curious. Zaron prepared to mob the intruder with shadow bugs as he quickly Scanned their mind. Odd. It's name was Noxus. 
Leave. Tell anyone about me, and you'll suffer. Was all Zaron said, projecting a horrific image of a Shadowling being torn apart as an example. Then, the Shadowling turned and floated away. Only to be replaced with yet another human. This one seemed more intent on the shadow bugs that were still dispersing. Once more, Zaron Scanned the intruder. This one's name was... Jace? Odd. Then Jace whirled up a fireball, and aimed at  one of the bugs. 
STOP! Don't hurt him!
The human looked around, and the bug scurried away. Then he lessened the fireball. 
Sorry, I kind of have a fear of bugs.  Who, and where are you?
Then he held it up, shining the warm light right in Zaron's face. 
My name is Zaron, and I am right infront of you.
The fireball vanished, and the darkness was once more restored.
"Uhmm... h-hi? M-my name is J-Jace..."
I know. I had Scanned you the moment you walked in. What do you want?

Then, directing his thoughts at MaƮtrise, he asked
Darned visitors. Maybe it's time to move. Want to come, MaƮtrise?
I don't see why not.
Very well. When the time comes, try to keep up.

Shadoroq

OOC: @Duskling Yeah, you did. And I meant defend yourself verbally, as in a "disprove my point" kind of way. I did not plan to assault you. Ah, well, too late to change. Maybe the misconception will be fun.
Noxus received a great feeling of dread from no particular place in the cellar. Great enough to discourage any further adventure. He turned back and exited the place with a shudder. Probably for the best; it was almost time for his first class. "Let's take a look here," he thought, pulling out his schedule. "'History of Psionics.' Predictable enough. Too bad they don't offer a bouncy ball class," he said to himself, juggling the set of eight as he made his way to the room.

"Wait!" Zack yelled. "I have a last name. It's... Archon. I... didn't use it when signing up for the school because... it doesn't matter why! He's not a trespasser but a student named Mark Guelph. He was only in my room because we were working on a... shadowling history project!" The fleshling took out a small book and showed it to the shadowling as evidence. "Besides, why would I, of all people, harbor trespassers in my room? "Are you going to attack a student for simply sleeping in another Room? Surely you have bigger things to worry about... like students escaping at night and going into the forest?" Clearly the message had not gotten across straight, but Noxus did not bother to correct.
"I suppose you're right. However," Noxus went on, "If I find out that you are lying to me, you," he pointed to Zack, "will be lucky if you are sent to a maximum security prison, and you," he pointed to Frex. "Well, first we'll have to run an investigation on you, but, if my gut feeling is correct, and you are who I think you are, you will be executed, slowly and painfully, most likely. You are free to go."
The two rose and filed out one after the other. Noxus glared as they did. A scan didn't turn up anything useful as both of them were suppressing their thoughts. But this one, "Zack," as it was, had made a hefty claim on behalf of the the other: positive identity. Noxus was near certain this boy was not Mark Guelph, and once the real Mark was found it would be all too easy to bust them both. He couldn't help but let his glare mutate into a smirk as he projected his message to the supposed Mark Guelph, "Don't be surprised if you find yourself here again very, very soon."

You're banned. Wait, I'm not a mod...
But if I was you'd be banned!

Zackirus

Zack walked quickly with Frex back to his room, however, they were interrupted by Frex stopping quickly and saying, "He knows... and he is going to come one of these days"

Zack grimaced and continued to walk to his dorm. His mind was going at a million miles per-hour thinking about different ideas. After Frex and Him were in his room for thirty minutes. He came up with a brilliant idea. "Say Frex." Zack begun, "Are the shadowligns bad at telling person from person. Because a lot of the shadowling teachers often call students by other students names..."

"A Bit." Frex responded

"Well, if we could cut your hair, and dye it, and enroll you in Psy Academy, you could technically avoid being caught. It is a risk though. We would need money to enroll... And their is the problem of Mark Guelph when he comes back."

'Hmmmm." Frex pondered the idea.

"Your a Mercenary, right?" Zack asked.

"Ya." Frex responded not even thinking about the question.

"How about we try and raid a shadowling bunker. Even if it is a small one, it might have enough for a semester worth..."

"Look there is only two of us. Even if it were just an outpost we would be overwhelmed."

"I think I can find a third..." Zack smiled, looking at the note on his bed. "But. What do you think of the idea?"

(Insert Frex's Response Here)

Before Zack could respond, the huge bell, the one that notified the five minutes until class, rang. Zack picked up his books and quickly looked back at Frex. "Just wait here for until I come back. Don't go anywhere..." Zack quickly left the room. Running to his Affinity 101 Class. 

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

Jace It's time for you to go now. Jace sighed and looked out the window.  For the past week he had been preparing for his trip to the deeper downs so that he could train his abilities without risk of endangering others. OK I just need to pack a few more things. Jace stuffed  a few things into an oversized bag and then walked out of his room, locking his door shut. "Hey kid were do you think YOU'RE going" A rather large boy with a blue cape was standing across the hall from him "Sorry but I don't have time to deal with you like I did your friend.  Move or die. I'm already late and Luca doesn't like it when I'm late." Another boy wearing a black cape stepped into the hallway with the first one and a third boy who was wearing a blue cape stepped into the hallway on the other side of Jace "You're not going anywhere punk.  When you mess with MY friends you mess with all of us.  and YOU are in it big time now."  Jace let out a small sigh and closed his eyes, focusing his energies and feeding his anger.  Within seconds he exploded and unleashed a torrent of flames which the second boy barely managed to block with a shield "Nice try kid but ever since Felipe here got moved up he's been specializing in shielding techniques.  I know about you're little "gift" and we all agree that people like you don't deserve to be around us hard working types." Jace smirked and looked behind him, wondering why the third boy wasn't attacking.  Then it occurred to him that the first boy wanted the glory of taking him out, and the other two were just there to even the playing field These guys really do know so little... "From the looks of you I doubt that you've ever even come close to working hard.  Isn't that right fatty?" The boy scowled and created a pair of pyroblasts.  The boy behind him spoke up saying "Dom calm down he's just trying to get under your skin" "Shut up Felipe"  ALL OF YOU STOP THIS AT ONCE Jace and all three of the boys fell to the floor gasping for air.  Luca and Fizooz walked around the corner of the hallway, past the lone boy who was curled up in a ball holding his head.  "Jace I thought I told you to never harm another student again."  Jace got up onto his knees, slowly standing up "Sorry.  They had me cornered and wouldn't let me pass.  I had no other option" Fizooz smiled quietly and then frowned saying "Then you contact us and inform us of the situation.  You are far behind schedule now.  You will be arriving at the deeper downs at nightfall.  Set up camp outside for your first night and practice matter manipulation.  Your second and third days will be spent on form manipulation.  Return to us once you have achieved a higher form of your abilities, or when you run out of supplies.  I encourage you to forage for what you need as that is another set of abilities you will need.  Now go and do not waste any more time
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

OOC: Rainen, you were still in the cellar, just so you know.

Zackirus

Zack hurried off to the Library. He needed to meet the green thing that save him. He entered the library and looked around there was no one is sight. He signed, and turned to leave but a green thing, a girl... came out of the shadows.

"I've been waiting for you to come..." She said, trying to sound friendly.

Zack nearly fainted again, but held on and managed to say, "Who... What are you?"

Zack woke up and heard voices outside his door. He peaked his head out and looked and saw three guys on the ground gasping for air. He quickly closes the door enough to see out of and watched as two of his teachers came out and started talking to one of the boys. He walked out and listened to them. They mentioned things like training and The Deeper Downs. He was curious but the boy had walked away. He frowned but he thought one of his teachers could tell him.

He walked down and the and started to noticed something. A huge poster that said, 'Do you want to learn History? Then go on the Somnus Trip next week. Talk to one of teachers to sign up..." Zack grinned and hurried off to find a teacher, for once.

OOC: Anyone who wishes can go on the Somnus Trip. Its open to everyone.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Shadoroq

As Noxus juggled the balls, he saw a poster announcing that there would soon be a trip to Somnus. "Learn about history," it said. "Huh. Not likely for me. I just got out of that place. I don't really want to go back, but it couldn't hurt to start the year looking smart by displaying my 'incredible' knowledge of 10th grade Shadowlands history. I'll have to think this one over."

Xemadus Echina

OOC: I won't exactly be around to much so that's why I left my characters off at obscure places.  Sorry if i broke the story line in the red dimension.  Call it a time lapse if you will.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Shadoroq

The two fleshlings left. Once the major was certain they'd gone, he exited his office and hurried to the lobby, saying to the secretary, "Where is Mark Guelph?" "Currently, sir, he's in the Deeper Downs for training purposes," the secretary told him. "Well, get him back." "But sir, it will take at least three days for him to-" "I know that," Noxus interrupted, "Just get him back here. ASAP." "Yes sir."