News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Government of Choice

Started by Duskling, October 17, 2010, 12:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

Well I've compiled my definition of a CEO from things I hear in the news, most of which are bad, plus they have more money than me and that's a reason not to like some one, I agree that most CEOs have mostly good qualities but it's hard for me to picture that because of all the bad press.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

Hey, Nameless, just  think of Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, and Bill Gates. Awesome CEOs.

The Holy namelesskitty

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 27, 2010, 08:46:16 PM
Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 27, 2010, 08:30:03 PM
plus they have more money than me and that's a reason not to like some one
So this all comes down to petty jealousy.

Don't quote me out of context.

That was a minor argument intended as a joke.

My main argument was you are probably right but my mind refuses to accept it.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 27, 2010, 09:03:03 PM
Don't quote me out of context.

That was a minor argument intended as a joke.

My main argument was you are probably right but my mind refuses to accept it.
This is a discussion on politics, and jokes aren't tolerated very well in politics.

ArtDrake

As is evident by im2smart4u's response.

Zackirus

I am personally happy with my government. Steven Harper is (in my own view) the greatest prime minister in the past 20 years. He has constantly made decisions that have furthered Canada along on its track. I mean just look at the G20 meeting in Toronto in the summer. He stopped the bank tax which would have crippled the Canadian Banks and set everyone done the right track by saying that have to cut their deficits by half. He is taking charge and making the right decisions for Canada, and I respect that.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

And methinks Obama is the best leader in at least 16...

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 05, 2010, 06:16:36 PM
He stopped the bank tax which would have crippled the Canadian Banks and set everyone done the right track by saying that have to cut their deficits by half.
Obama has increased taxes on banks and increased deficit spending.  Obama needs to take some advise from Steven Harper.

bugfartboy

Seeing as I'm only 14, I'm going to more or less pull myself out of this. Though Steven Harper sounds like a good person to be in control.

ArtDrake

Understood, im2smart4u, but G. W. B., Clinton, and G. H. W. B. screwed up so badly, that a bit of honest-for-a-politician leftism, minus the affair w/ a secretary (not cool), appears to be the agenda of a better leader than any of them. I, personally, and socially liberal and fiscally conservative, and still think that Obama is doing what little he can, without beaurocracy getting in the way, to fix the f'd up nation G.W.B. left for him.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on November 05, 2010, 11:29:48 PM
Understood, im2smart4u, but G. W. B., Clinton, and G. H. W. B. screwed up so badly, that a bit of honest-for-a-politician leftism, minus the affair w/ a secretary (not cool), appears to be the agenda of a better leader than any of them. I, personally, and socially liberal and fiscally conservative, and still think that Obama is doing what little he can, without beaurocracy getting in the way, to fix the f'd up nation G.W.B. left for him.
*The beaurocracy is in his way? You know Obama and his cabinet are in charge of the beaurocracy?  If the beaurocracy is in his way, then it due to his own incompetence.
*I know blame Bush for messing things up, but can you point to what he did to cause an economic depression?  Multiple times in history, one president gets blame for problems that his predecessor causes.

ArtDrake

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 05, 2010, 11:49:25 PM
*I know blame Bush for messing things up, but can you point to what he did to cause an economic depression?  Multiple times in history, one president gets blame for problems that his predecessor causes.

My point exactly.

And the many-billions-a-year war was all G.W.B. Maybe Obama didn't leave when he could have, but at least he moved the war to the right place, and is trying to find Osama bin Ladin, instead of deposing some random dictator.

bugfartboy

Yes so George W. Bush f'd up. Good people can make bad choices, and bad people can male good choices. But think of this: What has Obama really done? Pushed a healthcare bill that didn't NEED pushed, and gone on campaign to be re-elected. Anything else? I know for a fact that there are several things that he promised to do that he hasn't done [spoiler=Warning: Vulgar Language][spoiler=Last Warning]crap[/spoiler][/spoiler] about. How is our debt? Hmm? Has it improved? If the goverent was to take 100% of the income of EVERY American, it still wouldn't be enough to settle it. Might as well move to Canada now before China literally buys you from the Feds.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 06, 2010, 05:48:51 PM
Might as well move to Canada

Yay! Anyway, Steven Harper/The Government decision not to sell Potash to the Australian company, which might not be good for the world, but it is good for Canada, and good for Steven Harper as he didn't turn Saskatchewan into another Newfoundland.   
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada