News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is Noctus alive?

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the Shadowling Queen, would you revive Noctus?

Definitely
Yes
Maybe
No
Hell No

Zhampir

that's a bull. not a cow. well, a male cow, but still not the peaceful harmless animal that spends most of its time consuming grass

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 09, 2010, 08:20:29 PM
that's a bull. not a cow. well, a male cow, but still not the peaceful harmless animal that spends most of its time consuming grass
Well Noctus was killed by a very powerful psy; not a regular human.
Cattle can be dangerous.

Zhampir

Yes, a psy that got so powerful because his mastered allowed it to train
Reasons why I wouldn't revive him
1. He lost control of a slave
2. He allowed the slave to train to become stronger than himself
3. He allowed the slave to return to the Psy Academy
4. He allowed the slave to leave with his entire team and lead a revolt against the queen.

cyso

Well, a ranch hand should be careful when dealing with cattle...
The main was never Noctus's slave. He never had control of the main anyways. He couldn't possibly have prevented the main from returning to the psy academy and revolting. He had no clue what the main was planning. Are you talking about Tastidan?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zhampir

yes, sorry I had them confused.

Frosty

Well, number one made sense, because he lost control of David, which he had limited control of.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Frosty

Quote from: Zhampir on March 09, 2010, 08:38:09 PM
Yes, a psy that got so powerful because his mastered allowed it to train
Reasons why I wouldn't revive him
1. He lost control of a slave
2. He allowed the slave to train to become stronger than himself
3. He allowed the slave to return to the Psy Academy
4. He allowed the slave to leave with his entire team and lead a revolt against the queen.

But even though this is Tastiadan, those events don't have to happen. A rebellion could have popped up between TRPG2 and TSoG causing everything to be set right.

torugo

Quote from: Frosty on March 09, 2010, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: torugo on March 09, 2010, 07:31:07 PM
Quote from: Frosty on March 09, 2010, 04:53:14 PM
How could your one of your commanders dying slip your mind?
i meant he lost interest in noctus seeing he wasnt strong enough to be of any use
Noctus captured David, I'd say he had some use.
yeah noctus captured an inexperienced psy who hadnt even been enrolled in the academy yet
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on March 10, 2010, 06:00:42 PM
i meant he lost interest in noctus seeing he wasnt strong enough to be of any use
yeah noctus captured an inexperienced psy who hadnt even been enrolled in the academy yet
He was able to capture David from a fortress full of heavly armored swordsmen and extremely power psy warriors.

KZ

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 11, 2010, 08:32:20 AMHe was able to capture David from a fortress full of heavly armored swordsmen and extremely power psy warriors.

I don't think that's right: he was able to capture David in a village that was not protected by any powerful Psy whatsoever, as evidenced by Uncle Flastaff telling the Main that only David could see the Shadowlings- meaning that even if there were any more Psys in the village, they were too weak to break through the Shadowlings' obfuscation.
He did not capture David from the Psy Academy. Tastidian, on the other hand, managed to do just that.

Anyhow, Noctus may have underestimated the Main, but the Main was such a valuable find to the Queen that I think she just might've allowed Noctus to be revived and to use his experience to do less important tasks (if he failed once,he may fail again, so he has to start with something simpler).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

Plus, David might have been experienced. Right away, he was already scanning for Noctus. Plus, anyone who puts on the slave braclet becomes more powerful, so experience doesn't matter.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Frosty on March 11, 2010, 10:52:34 AM
Plus, anyone who puts on the slave braclet becomes more powerful, so experience doesn't matter.
Both the Shadowling Queen and Noctus were killed by the Main when he didn't have the slave bracelet on.

torugo

Plus, David might have been experienced. Right away, he was already scanning for Noctus. Plus, anyone who puts on the slave braclet becomes more powerful, so experience doesn't matter.
david never got a slave bracelit on. his mind was jacked from his body

torugo

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 11, 2010, 08:32:20 AM
He was able to capture David from a fortress full of heavly armored swordsmen and extremely power psy warriors.
noctus was not alone he had an entire camp with him too and the academy is a small place if david were kidnapped there then i think everyone would know

Frosty

Quote from: torugo on March 11, 2010, 04:51:33 PM
david never got a slave bracelit on. his mind was jacked from his body
It never said he didn't have it on.
Quote from: torugo on March 11, 2010, 04:54:59 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on March 11, 2010, 08:32:20 AM
noctus was not alone he had an entire camp with him too and the academy is a small place if david were kidnapped there then i think everyone would know
KZ already corrected im2smart4you because David was captured in a village.