News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is Noctus alive?

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the Shadowling Queen, would you revive Noctus?

Definitely
Yes
Maybe
No
Hell No

Frosty

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 11, 2010, 02:53:27 PM
Quote from: Frosty on March 11, 2010, 10:52:34 AM
Plus, anyone who puts on the slave braclet becomes more powerful, so experience doesn't matter.
Both the Shadowling Queen and Noctus were killed by the Main when he didn't have the slave bracelet on.
When you remove the slave bracelet, you don't lose power. But when you put it on, you do. (as said by torugo here)
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

cyso

QuoteWell, number one made sense, because he lost control of David, which he had limited control of.
Noctus only lost control of David after he was dead.
If he had somehow managed to keep control of David after he died, I would be confused.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Frosty

BUT he could have won the battle against the Main (notice I said limited control).

cyso

I would guess Nocuts was used to slaughtering the opposition with dark vortex, and underestimated the main's abilities.
However, he still did tell Tastidan about the main before he died, so he didn't screw up everything.

Frosty

So to put things straight, he messed up by underestimating the main. But, to repent for that, he contacted Tastiadan right before his death. Its your own opinion. Did he mess up too bad, or was telling Tastiadan about the main enough repent? That is what the "Is Noctus alive?" question circled around.

SmartyPants

Tastiadan probably allowed the Main to attack Noctus, because Tastiadan wanted to test the Main against a very powerful shadowling.  Tastiadan created a win-win situation.  If Noctus losed the fight, Tastiadan would revive his fallen commander and gain a new one?  If Noctus won, then Tastiadan would keeps his shadowling commander and still be able to use David. 

Ertxiem

I don't really think that Tastidian was expecting the Main to go to the camp to rescue his brother, much less he thought that the main would be able to beat Noctus.
Remember that at that moment, the Main was simply unknown. If Tastidian thought that the Main had the power he revealed to have, he surely had made him a trap.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

torugo

noctus said that tastidian had warned him about having to expect you
mock the pheonix you will burn

Ertxiem

Oh. I didn't remember that. Well, it's reasonable to assume that Tastidian knew that the Main had the Gift. And it's also reasonable to assume that Tastidian predicted that David's family and friends might try to save him. However, I don't believe that Tastidian was aware of the real power of the Main. If he was, he would make sure that Noctus wasn't alone and wouldn't allow the Main to leave the camp.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

torugo

thats a good point he probably expected just davids family to come and get killed by noctus but backfired and you ended up killing him. tastidian just stayed one step ahead just in case and highjacked davids thoughts so that he won either way. pretty smart

SmartyPants

Quote from: NoctusWalk no further. I am called Noctus, Eater of Darkness.  His greatness Tastidian warned me to expect you, flesh creature. Already, I have notified Him and He is on His way.
If Tastidian assumed Noctus would win, then why would he feel the need to come and visit?  Tastidian felt the power of the Main and allowed the Hero a chance to prove himself by letting him fight Noctus, Eater of Darkness.  Because Noctus's death was caused by a trail set for the Main, Tastidian would forgive Noctus and allow him to be revived by the Queen.

One doesn't gain a title like "Eater of Darkness" without some impressive military feats.

Ertxiem

Nevertheless, I think that Tastidian believed that Noctus could win. Otherwise, he would have made further precautions to be assured that the Main and David couldn't leave the camp after the test with Noctus. Two worthy slaves are better than one ;)
Tastidian going to the Psy Academy surely required huge amounts of obfuscation and a well placed shadowport. And he probably didn't have the necessary power to capture both David and the Main in one go... or he was so impressed with the powers of the Main that he decided that the Main should be rewarded somehow, by granting the Main the possibility of letting David be free.

Anyway, I agree that Noctus proved himself worthy of being revived by Nelis.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

torugo

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 12, 2010, 08:52:42 PM
Quote from: NoctusWalk no further. I am called Noctus, Eater of Darkness.  His greatness Tastidian warned me to expect you, flesh creature. Already, I have notified Him and He is on His way.
If Tastidian assumed Noctus would win, then why would he feel the need to come and visit?  Tastidian felt the power of the Main and allowed the Hero a chance to prove himself by letting him fight Noctus, Eater of Darkness.  Because Noctus's death was caused by a trail set for the Main, Tastidian would forgive Noctus and allow him to be revived by the Queen.

One doesn't gain a title like "Eater of Darkness" without some impressive military feats.
i thought noctus was just bragging because he wasnt that strong

cyso

Remember, Noctus is as strong as you are health wise. Plus, Noctus probably was a commander who told soldiers what to do from behind the lines most of the time. A good general is not always a good soldier.

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on March 13, 2010, 11:22:37 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on March 12, 2010, 08:52:42 PM

i thought noctus was just bragging because he wasnt that strong
Noctus said, "I am called Noctus, Eater of Darkness."  Since others called him "Eater of Darkness", he is not bragging, but instead "Eater of Darkness" is his epithet.

Quote from: yogc on March 13, 2010, 12:43:00 PM
Remember, Noctus is as strong as you are health wise. Plus, Noctus probably was a commander who told soldiers what to do from behind the lines most of the time. A good general is not always a good soldier.
Commanders lead their forces, while Generals are behind the scenes.