News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is Noctus alive?

Started by SmartyPants, February 19, 2010, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the Shadowling Queen, would you revive Noctus?

Definitely
Yes
Maybe
No
Hell No

cyso

A commander would be a person in charge of any number of troops. There are battalion commanders, company commanders, etc. Not all commanders lead troops directly into battle. It would be very hard for a battalion commander to lead all 300-1300 of his troops into battle and still effectively command them. Instead, the commander may stay back and observe the battlefield. If Noctus was the commander of his group of shadowlings, he could possibly fight, but his job would be to command.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Since there is only about 20 tents in the camp and Noctus is stronger then any shadowling in the camp, it is very likely that Noctus would lead his forces when it came to a fight.

cyso

He would have to have a lot of personality to command all 20 troops at one time during a battle while he himself fights.

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 13, 2010, 02:56:45 PM
He would have to have a lot of personality to command all 20 troops at one time during a battle while he himself fights.
Who says he doesn't have alot of personality?
With as much as 20 troops, he probably has at least one second-in-command.

cyso

I was thinking that he had a few shadowlings that he would tell what to do, and they would tell the shadowlings they were in charge of what to do.

Frosty

Quote from: CraigStern on March 06, 2010, 10:04:07 AM
New music has been added to the players! The track "Taste My Power" is loosely based on Noctus's boss music from TRPG1.
Why would Craig base music on Noctus's? Either He really liked Noctus's boss music, or he looked at this thread and decided he would be revived. You never know.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

Interesting points made. Can someone have a look at the TRPG1 dialogue again, please (the one with Noctus, and the one with Tastidian). 'Cause I got the imrpession that Noctus did notify Tastidian of a cheeky fleshling coming into his camp (don't forget, for money Noctus allows Main to leave, certainly not considering him a worthy or un-beatable opponent) and when Tastidian explains his presence to the Main, it seems that he is doing so in retaliation- although he was notified, I suspect he was not expecting that the fleshling in question would actually dispose of Noctus. Impressed, he makes a personal visit to the Main. And as mentioned above, it's highly unlikely that Tastidian wanted to risk getting into the Psy Academy more than once- surely if he expected the Main to beat Noctus, he would've arranged for hismelf to be near the Shadowling Camp and to take the Main as soon as Noctus is done with. Then he could keep both (as stated before), instead of going for one only.

The fact that Noctus has a nickname shows that he probably was a highly succesful and known soldier (see his current rank) before, so I am also convinced, like im2smart4u, that he has valid bragging rights. The way he behaves with the Main just shows how sure of himself he is. I don't really think it would matter whether Noctus would lead the Shadowlings or not- after all, they're on a stealth mission, so it's likely that they operate in small groups, with many sub-commanders controlling each small unit. Think how special ops are structured.

Frosty- good catch, that. Very good point to make. Apart from Craig's obvious like of perfecting music, I think you might be onto something there! (Woudln't it be sweet to come up against Noctus in an anti-loyalist mission?)

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Noctus coming back that would make a a great easter egg in servants of god, I only have one question though, by that time do you think Noctus might actually have horns?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Frosty

Quote from: KZ on March 14, 2010, 04:32:50 PM
Interesting points made. Can someone have a look at the TRPG1 dialogue again, please (the one with Noctus, and the one with Tastidian). 'Cause I got the imrpession that Noctus did notify Tastidian of a cheeky fleshling coming into his camp (don't forget, for money Noctus allows Main to leave, certainly not considering him a worthy or un-beatable opponent).
Here is the quote:
Quote from: Noctus
Walk no further. I am called Noctus, Eater of Darkness. His Greatness Tastidian has warned me to expect you, flesh creature. Already, I have notifed Him and He is on His way.
Maybe Tastidian already knew about you, and just warned Noctus that you may be coming.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

Very curious that, indeed. Maybe he managed to get past memories from David, and thus knows of a gifted Psy sibling. It may be a trap to lure the Main in, but I very highly doubt that even Tastidian was expecting such outcome.
What's interesting is that all those titles are more or less dropped in TRPG2.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 07:18:29 PM
Noctus coming back that would make a a great easter egg in servants of god, I only have one question though, by that time do you think Noctus might actually have horns?
I think horns on Shadowlings are like facial hair on humans.  Some people have easier times growing them then others.

KZ

Indeed, and Craig said that there are in no way related to ranking or power of any given Shadowling- both generals having a horn in TRPG2 is pure coincidence.
Plus, it doesn't seem like it's a very common thing, it's more like having a very rare hair or eye colour, rather than simply speed of growth of facial hair.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Could Horns on Shadowlings be something that grow over time and you are not born with them
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I think that from previous discussions quite some very long time ago it was hinted that they do, indeed, grow with time, and Shadowlings aren't born with them.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Update from Craig: 'Maybe'

- Lord Canada