News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Poll of The Week

Started by Zackirus, November 24, 2010, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Are Spirits?

Departed Souls
Psy Projections
Other
Don't Know

ArtDrake

Don't go off topic just to tell me off, and call me a heartless bastard. I can be courteous when I choose, and no one can stop me. When I'm making a point that has nothing to do with anyone on Earth's religion, I care enough not to bring the whole theism vs. atheism snafu in here; you brought it up this time, jerk.

MikeW781

Quote from: Duckling on December 22, 2010, 09:34:34 PM
Don't go off topic just to tell me off, and call me a heartless bastard. I can be courteous when I choose, and no one can stop me. When I'm making a point that has nothing to do with anyone on Earth's religion, I care enough not to bring the whole theism vs. atheism snafu in here; you brought it up this time, jerk.
in fairness, if you intended to make a point that has nothing to do with anyone on Earth's religon, you should not have said
Quote from: Duckling on December 22, 2010, 09:01:45 PM
Anu is a made-up god, like God, and Allah, and Buddha, and the rest.
as people do, funnily enough, take that as having to do with their religon
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

I was trying to say that Anu was as real, or no more real than, any of those gods. I just hoped no one took offense at the comparison.

Y'see, while any person following a particular god would say that the others are malarky, and anyone not following it would say it's malarky, I distance myself from all, and say they're all malarky. Everyone agrees that Anu isn't real here, but I needed a comparison. Anu is as real to those who believe him as God is to those who believe in Him, and Anu is as silly as people think Buddha is if they are not Buddhist.

And one can interpret my statement however they like. I said that Anu is a made-up god like God, Allah, Buddha and the rest. If the rest are not made-up, then Anu is made-up to a "like" extent to that of the other gods, which is to say, not at all. If some of ours are real, who's to say Anu is not as well. My statement left open possibilities, and im2smart4u chose not to see them.

MikeW781

Quote from: Duckling on December 22, 2010, 10:06:35 PM
I was trying to say that Anu was as real, or no more real than, any of those gods. I just hoped no one took offense at the comparison.

Y'see, while any person following a particular god would say that the others are malarky, and anyone not following it would say it's malarky, I distance myself from all, and say they're all malarky. Everyone agrees that Anu isn't real here, but I needed a comparison. Anu is as real to those who believe him as God is to those who believe in Him, and Anu is as silly as people think Buddha is if they are not Buddhist.

And one can interpret my statement however they like. I said that Anu is a made-up god like God, Allah, Buddha and the rest. If the rest are not made-up, then Anu is made-up to a "like" extent to that of the other gods, which is to say, not at all. If some of ours are real, who's to say Anu is not as well. My statement left open possibilities, and im2smart4u chose not to see them.
Yes, but it left these possibilites open only through this above explanation. Your post made it seem as if all of the gods you listed were made up. And I do believe even with the explanation some people will resent that their deity is just as real as a videogame god. And please don't make the fact that im2smart4u interepreted your post to be offensive about his personality. It looked extremely insulting without the explanation, no two ways about it.

ArtDrake

Fine. Take it the wrong way.

If they resent the idea that their god is as real as a videogame god, and they hold neither a videogame god nor gods they do not worship to be real, then they resent the very idea that some consider the gods they do not worship real, and the god they worship not to be real.

If they are offended by the very idea of other religions, it's their fault, not mine.

And im2smart4u: sorry about calling you a jerk. That wasn't very nice of me. I hope any further animosity between the two of us is based on actions I have not apologized for, on grounds of irreconcilable differences.

Zackirus

New Poll Added: Who Do You Think Is The Better Assassin?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I think that's an unfair question. Arman has a higher speed, but when you factor in shadowport 1&2 they are about equal, and they both have their uses. For example: Arman is better against Fernatus because of Fernatus's mind resistance, but Malis is better against all spirits because of their physical resistance. So I'd say they are about equal.

MikeW781

Mega Stab is way stronger than shadow blast though. It has a 300% backstab bonus, where as shadow blast does not. And I believe the damage formulas usually have mega stab be stronger anyways.

bugfartboy

But... Mega Stab has a higher Psi Point cost.

Idozen Cair

Very high. I don't think this is an unfair question though. I chose 'equal'.
I doesn't care, do I?

HeadShot

Quote from: The Grotesquery on January 01, 2011, 02:44:21 AM
Very high. I don't think this is an unfair question though. I chose 'equal'.

Me too.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

Zackirus

New Poll Topic: Which Boss Is Your Favourite To Battle?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

HeadShot

For me:

Since I haven't Pre-Ordered, I think Fernatus is a fun boss. If I had Pre-Ordered, I would probbaly say Malekahin.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

The Warden. He's got it tough, havin the Cult breathin down his neck and all. But I don't know about the full game bosses. So I'm just going with the Warden.