News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Poll of The Week

Started by Zackirus, November 24, 2010, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Are Spirits?

Departed Souls
Psy Projections
Other
Don't Know

HeadShot

I agree with im2smart4u. We need more enemies.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Fyer on January 13, 2011, 07:00:39 AM
Excuse me. How do they not fit into Telepath? Please explain. Do you know what the Folk-of-the-Wood are? Hmm?
I know what they are. Gelf is one. Well, to further explain my point - no offence here - I think they are more suited to fairy tales than to Telepath.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Then go join the Twilight forums waaayyy over there. *points* The Wood-Folk are a part of the Telepath world. If you don't like it, then you CAN go join the Twilightians. In Telepath the Wood-Folk are green skinned people that live in the Great Forest. They aren't magical (that we know of) They aren't fairies. If you don't like it, talk to Craig.

Idozen Cair

You sound like you're flaming here, Fyer >:( As I said, 'NO OFFENCE'! Also, disliking Folk-Of-The-Woods does not mean I like Twilight. I detest Twilight. I know how Folk-Of-The-Woods look like, and where they exist, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Even though I do not like an expansion on the Folk-Of-The-Woods, I would never ask Craig to remove them. Also, YOU ARE BEING MEAN! COOL DOWN!
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on January 15, 2011, 05:46:23 AM
Quote from: Fyer on January 13, 2011, 07:00:39 AMExcuse me. How do they not fit into Telepath? Please explain. Do you know what the Folk-of-the-Wood are? Hmm?
I know what they are. Gelf is one. Well, to further explain my point - no offence here - I think they are more suited to fairy tales than to Telepath.
Well this is a fantasy world, so there are similarities to fairy tales, but I don't know why you singled out Wood-Folk.  Humans who control the elements and strange races such as spirggats and shadowlings would seem more 'magical' and 'fairly tale-like' then the Folk-of-the-Woods.

Personally, I enjoyed Pirate Pete's drunkenness and funny dialects.
[spoiler]0. Pirate Pete:  [This fellow's mind is exceptionally easy to read: he's drunk, his name is Pete, and he wants you to do him a favor. He looks over.] Ahoy...there! matey. [He hiccups] That wouldn't happen to be your ship over there, would it?
* No. Now go away.> sends to 1
* Yes. What do you want?> sends to 2

1. Well, I guess jes' no...pleasin' some people. [He lets out a tremdendous belch.]
* [Leave]

2. [He begins to wail.] Ohhhh!  Me poor ship!  Smashed to ruins by those narsty flyin' beasts over the lake.  And all me gold, washed ashore.  Where?  I don't know.
* So what do you want?> sends to 3

3. Ye look like a kind soul.  Surely ye wouldn't mind helpin' out Ole' Pete? An'...I've got a bee-u-tiful, loverly piece of sea glass ye might like.  I'll give it to ye if ye help me.
* Fine, fine. What should I do?> sends to 4
* No. Now go away.> sends to 1

4. Scour the Lake! Leave no stone unturned! Find me treasure!  There be four chests. Be quick about it, though--if the beasts spot ye, ye'll have to try again!
* All right, I'm ready. [If you didn't do the first battle of mission 6]> sends to 5
* All right, I'm ready. [If you completed the first battle of mission 6]> [begins mission]

5. Right. Ye might want to take care o' those beasties lougin' around yer boat first, though.  Then come talk to Ole Pete.
* Beasties, huh? Hm... [ends converstaion]

------------------------------------------

0. TRPG2 Hero: I found your teasure.
Pirate Pete:  Oh! Me beauties! [He kneels down, closes his eyes, and wraps his arms around one of the chests. Finally, after what seems like five minutes, he gets back up.] Thank ye kindly, stranger.
* How about that sea glass? > sends to 1

1. Yar, of course, of course...[He mumbles inconherently as he begins slowly going through the pouches around his waist.  Finally, he chooses one and hands it to you].
* [Look inside the pouch]> mission over

------------------------------------------

0. Pirate Pete:  Thank you for findin' me treasure. Yar.
* [Leave][/spoiler]

Steelfist

I always liked Pirate Pete. It's a good reward, too.

bugfartboy

Yep. Real good reward. Useful for Cerzak too.

Zackirus

New Poll Topic: Who Do You Think Is The Final Boss?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Nelis. Duh! There's no way that the hero in TRPG2 killed her.

Duskling

I'm also kind of thinking Nelis, for Cygnus is probably too weak to be a final boss... or a boss at all, D'Kah is not the "final boss" sort of character, though it would make for a nice twist,there is a fairly good chance that Yawah is Nelis, in my opinion, so I chose Nelis.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on January 22, 2011, 12:29:00 AMI'm also kind of thinking Nelis, for Cygnus is probably too weak to be a final boss... or a boss at all, D'Kah is not the "final boss" sort of character, though it would make for a nice twist, there is a fairly good chance that Yawah is Nelis, in my opinion, so I chose Nelis.
What gave you the impression that Cygnus is weak?  I imagine that Cygnus has to be very powerful in order to be the master of powerful Acolytes such as Fernatus and Malekahin.  Similar to Tastidian, D'Kah is going to be the boss before the final boss.  The theory on Nelis being the final boss is idiotic for numerous reasons.

ArtDrake

I do hope you're suggesting "Yawah" and not "Yahweh" as the final boss.

bugfartboy

Cygnus is a prophet. He maintains his position because he's convinced everyone that he's in contact with Yawah. That doesn't mean that he's uber powerful.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Fyer on January 22, 2011, 05:43:23 PMCygnus is a prophet. He maintains his position because he's convinced everyone that he's in contact with Yawah. That doesn't mean that he's uber powerful.
Cygnus is clearly powerful enough with the Gift to convince people that they are being touched by god (That is clearly what happened in the Bandit Cave and what happened to the mother).  You can't honestly think that it is more likely that the Nelis is boss while Cygnus is a powerless pawn?  That would be just stupid storytelling.

ArtDrake

Wait, that was Cygnus? Why did he just kill Duvalier right there and then?